Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:42 AM
Default WCIF Stop using the wrong fridge!
I have two fridges at the ground floor specifically for the purpose of feeding babies and toddlers. Yet the butler (and sims on free will) insist on carrying the children up the stairs to feed them in the kitchen upstairs. And then leaves them there so I have to constantly carry them down again to the nursery. It's really annoying. Is there any mod so that you can choose which fridge they will use? I still want them to cook in the kitchen but not feed the toddlers in the kitchen.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:40 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 8th May 2018 at 4:01 PM.
I don't know of a mod, and suspect that it's impossible without rewriting the routing code from scratch. Sims don't move based on their memory of the house layout, because they haven't got memories in our sense of the word, but according to routing protocols that give them information about the space as they move through it.

The most likely cause for this behavior is that the routing protocols deflect them when they pass a portal (probably the foot of the stairs) that tells them "there's a fridge this way" before they can detect the more conveniently-located refrigerator. This house obviously has a unique floorplan (the kitchen is upstairs?!) and I'd have to both see a floorplan and know why the house is constructed that way before I could give you any specific helpful feedback on how to rearrange things to obviate the problem, but the simplest thing would be to place the babies and the desired refrigerator in such a way that it would be necessary to pass the refrigerator on the way out of the room.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2018 at 6:31 PM Last edited by Pideli : 9th May 2018 at 7:06 PM.
Thank you, it makes sense! Although I think the butler DOES pass a fridge on the way out from where the toddlers are, considering the fridges are right outside the small rooms the cribs are in. And yes, the house is pretty unique. Here's the layout of the house:

Hmm, but now that you say it, maybe I should try moving the fridges to the OTHER wall (by the double beds) instead of having them right outside the crib rooms. Because the toddlers play outside of it in the large area. :o Hope it works!

EDIT: LMAO I just remembered I don't HAVE toddlers in that family anymore. XD I play too fast!
But I also remember that I have the same problem in another family that don't have any stairs. Maybe it has something to do with it being a supafridge and not a normal fridge. Or I just have to put the fridge in the path to the kitchen. But I don't know how to do that and still make it look good >.< Stupid sims, lol!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2018 at 6:40 PM
Ok..WHERE are the fridges? I can't even find them...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#5 Old 9th May 2018 at 6:54 PM
Do you have the bottles fridge? Also, you might wanna use the mod by Beks that allow puppies, kittens, and toddlers to use steps.

Think bottle fridge is on MATY and Beks mod is here on MTS. I can look them up and tell ya where exactly if they're of interest for ya.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2018 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ok..WHERE are the fridges? I can't even find them...lol

Lol, it's supafridges, in a wooden recolor.

Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Do you have the bottles fridge? Also, you might wanna use the mod by Beks that allow puppies, kittens, and toddlers to use steps.

Think bottle fridge is on MATY and Beks mod is here on MTS. I can look them up and tell ya where exactly if they're of interest for ya.

No it's the supafridge, and the only bottle fridge I could find was this one on TSR . I don't know if it would suit in a medieval nbh :o But might be useful for my normal one! Thanks for the tip
And about the stairs-mod, I don't think that's very realistic, but then again, how much in the game is? Might be something to consider since it'd definitely make things more convenient, haha!
Theorist
#7 Old 9th May 2018 at 7:35 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 9th May 2018 at 7:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Lol, it's supafridges, in a wooden recolor.

No it's the supafridge, and the only bottle fridge I could find was this one on TSR . I don't know if it would suit in a medieval nbh :o But might be useful for my normal one! Thanks for the tip
And about the stairs-mod, I don't think that's very realistic, but then again, how much in the game is? Might be something to consider since it'd definitely make things more convenient, haha!

The BBO fridge was done by SaraMK and is located in a thread somewhere in MATY. Now that I'm more awake I'll go look for it. I've not tried Ms. Barrow's ones yet, but maybe you could recolor it so that it'd suit better for your needs. I can recolor clothes (that make me happy enough), but dag nab if I can recolor objects. Screw it up everytime. :/

EDIT: Ok, found the link. I'd previously posted it here in this thread.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th May 2018 at 9:34 PM
The only objects I've recolored so far were paintings, and that's not really advanced. So I don't know how I'd do with a fridge :o But I do know the technicalities. So may be an idea, but I'll see if I can solve things with the supafridge placements first XD Otherwise I'll try the different options you suggested. Thank you so much!