Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:32 AM
Default Downloads Don't Show up in Clean Installer
I just installed Clean Installer yesterday so I could install some sims, but when I opened it there was nothing showing up in the downloads folder. So I went to my download folder and tried to double click to see if that would work. It asked me to select a program to open it with so I selected clean installer. Double click works but now I get two error messages.

System.IO.FileNotFoundExeption: Could not load file or assembly 'Filetypes, Version=1.6.22.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Filetypes, Version=1.6.22.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CPackage.ReadPackage(Byte[ ] contents)
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CPackage.Complete(Byte[ ] contents)
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2Sims2PAck.RecognizeFiles()

WRN: Assembly binding logging turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value.
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note there is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]

I also get this one.
(File Name).Sims2Pack
Sims2Pack is empty.
There is nothing to install.

I'm really not sure where to go from there so any ideas would be nice. Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 4:39 AM
I hope this helps.
[QUOTE/] I also get this one.
(File Name).Sims2Pack
Sims2Pack is empty.
There is nothing to install.

I'm really not sure where to go from there so any ideas would be nice. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sometimes sims2packs are empty. They didn't zip it correctly.
For the other isssue, you need to make sure your downloads are have the sims2 icon beside them and they don't just have a what looks like a blank paper icon beside them. With your downloads you want it to be set to the default to open up with your sims2 game. Then, open the sims2pack installer, browse to the location folder, don't just go the one that is listed, but actually browse to that particular folder. If you have subfolders, you will have to go to each one individually, because it won't include the one's in subfolders until you click on that folder and so on through the subfolder chain.

Check to see if that works and let me know.