Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2019 at 7:56 PM Last edited by FranH : 4th May 2019 at 9:36 PM.
Default Your Favorite Pixels!
Everyone who has played this game for any length of time has a favorite character-or more than one. This is the pixel you love, takes over your game, makes you pull out your hair, and when they finally die (or not..) they make you cry. They usually sneak into the center of the game and make it all about them, whether or not you want them to.

Mine was Countess Gabrielle Borgia. She lived a long and varied life-having become the centerpiece of Bellefleur's social world. She was a created pixel, originally a vampire who convinced her husband to become human. I miss her still.

Who's yours? How did they make your game fun? Did they make you nuts? Did you scream, "What are you doing NOW!" or "OMG-are you kidding me?!"
Screenshots

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2019 at 8:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th May 2019 at 7:44 PM.
These guys. They've been my favorite sims since 2008, throughout 3 computers (hopefully 4, once my game is set up properly on my new laptop). Even during the time I've not done storytelling with them, I've recreated them so that I could take pictures for fun, or continued writing about them.

The Brooks family, from top left to bottom right: Jenna, Peter, Erica, Tony, Aidan and Lily.

The picture is part of a small "they need some family pictures on their walls" project I've had going on for a while, so technically not one that's found in the actual story, at least not until I get back into doing story pictures and get those pictures up on the walls. Melanie (Tony's fiance) isn't in this picture, since story-wise it was taken around 3 years previous to where the story is now, and the two of them had just started dating back then. (Story link below, LFB, just in case anyone wonders )
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2019 at 8:49 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 5th May 2019 at 8:45 AM. Reason: Added Picture
simmer22: What are their names? [Names now added - thanks!]

I think you all know who my favourite is. Of course it's Andrew Jones of 19 Chorus Court, Veronaville, the teenage boy I made in CAS the very first time I started up the game. Originally conceived almost as a throw-away Sim to help me learn how to play, Andrew and his mum Gloria completely captured my heart within a couple of Sim hours of starting to play. Andrew and I learned this game together, so he was at my side in many of my most cherished moments in the game. I'm sure some guardian angel protected him and my other Sims while I was learning to play.

Andrew die? Heaven forfend! Andrew is much younger than me. He's a teen and I'm an elder. The Grim Reaper should call me home many years before he comes for Andrew. I need Andrew. With his many-faceted character Andrew has simply become part of my life. In addition to his role in my game he has become a sort of invisible friend to me. I talk over all sorts of Real Life issues with him. (Of course he's not really invisible -- I know where he lives, and who his mum and his friends are.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Link Ninja
#4 Old 4th May 2019 at 9:13 PM
I've had so many sims but I really like my musically-named Hart siblings and their families, always fun to play and interesting to see what happens with them. I think currently Nick Calhoun is my favorite of the cousins , mostly because he's a main character in my stories and I fleshed him out quite a bit more so he's a little more complex trying to fight the person he was to be better. He is also a second generation in-game born sim so it's neat to see a culmination of his parents' and grandparents' genetics.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th May 2019 at 1:29 AM
Aiko Aishi, was a sim that I was in love with him, he was a sim from a Japanese neighborhood I was building... I deeply cared about his family specially him. I couldn't wait to be able to use the computer I had his save in it. But one day I was all excited to play with him then I booted the pc, finished typing my password and when I pressed enter. The computer fully shut off and never showed signs of life and I would back up his save often but into the same machine that died... This all happened in 2017 and since I don't have a USB to SATA cable. Technically he's dead, till I get the cable :'( When that computer died I cried but not for the computer, I cried for Aiko... :'( And I don't have any picture of him that wasnt in that harddrive
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 5th May 2019 at 2:48 AM Last edited by Simonut : 5th May 2019 at 2:59 AM.
My number #1 is Don Lothario he will Never age in Pleasantview. Actually none of my Sims I let age they live in a fountain of youth.
And in my custom hood I love all my Sims some I have downloaded and some I created. All of my Sims are Special. :lovestruc they also share the secret of the fountain of youth.

Don Lothario I stop him being a lover to the whole neighborhood years ago he is happily married to a Sims I created name Rosa they have twins a girl and boy and Rosa mother who I also created with her in CAS live with them they all live in a Castle ( lol ) Don is a Big time Doctor ( Chief of Staff ) and his wife Rosa is a big business Tycoon.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th May 2019 at 4:02 AM
While I'm gathering photos, I have a quick one just so I'll add to discussion while I search. I have a lot of favorites, but I'll start with Eponine Monsieur and my one true fave, Jeraldine. These two don't have pictures, but most of my others do. I think, anyway lmao.
Eponine Monsieur was the first child of what was going to be a xenophilia challenge. Her father was uniquely faced, but Eponine was beautiful in my eyes. Her father died when she was a toddler and she was by herself until a passing neighbor saw her and moved in to care for her. She had a troubled childhood, but by the time she was a teen, she was quickly my favorite of the neighborhood. Sadly, her neighborhood didn't survive when my computer unexpectedly died, but I know she would have had an excellent life.

Jeraldine was the third generation heir of a random challenge legacy that had been only female sims thus far. Her mother wasn't exactly attentive, and her older sister straight up ignored her until it was convenient for them to talk. Despite that, she had a happy toddler and childhood. During her childhood, she had excellent grades, friends, painted for the fun of it, and was already chosen to be heir because it was just too easy to fall in love with her. During her teen years, she wrote two novels, maintained her grades, and eventually got scholarships for the university in her region. Jeraldine had so much promise. She had so much ahead of her. As soon as she moved in, she made a couple new friends, and immediately hit the bubbles. I had to actively wrench her away from the blower to get to class and maintain her friendships, and one unfortunate night, I fell asleep while playing. What I discovered when I woke haunts me to this very day tbh. She died of starvation, next to that infernal bubble blower surrounded by sims she wasn't even friends with. My beloved Jeraldine, gone too soon like watching a beautiful sunset at noon. I was in complete disbelief, but I knew that undoing this would cheapen my time with her, so with great reluctance, I let her go. I was able to bring her urn back, but was never to revive her. Her careless sister became heir, and moved the burglar that had robbed them in to be her spouse, but unfortunately, the hood blew up after that for reasons still unknown. I often name streets or libraries after her, so her pursuit of knowledge will forever be endless, and if I have a sim I love a whole lot be born, I extract them to keep them safe from her fate. I still miss you, Jeraldine

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Theorist
#8 Old 5th May 2019 at 12:04 PM
I have a lot of Sims, most of the time, so picking one favourite is difficult. In my current neighbourhood that is entering its 5th or even 6th generation depending on the family I had a number of characters I enjoyed a lot: In the early stages of my current neighbourhood it was Bella's parents, Simis and Jocasta Bachelor, I suppose, as well as Agnes Crumplebottom. I edited the Bachelors from the version that comes with Marka93's Beginnign Neighbourhood, mostly by giving them black hair and was finally able to play out my idea of Bella's parents by making them both eccentric, bisexual Witches/Warlocks and collecting every even vaguely weird and occult game asset in their mansion.
Agnes meanwhile was fun because she was a self-centered Romance Sim who not only had to raise her late twin brother's three children, but was the kind of Sim who enters a lover's house uninvited and then walks up to them and makes out with them in front of the lover's spouse. It was even more hilarious because, well you know...Crumplebottom Genes.

Andrew Oldie was fun as well, he was Herb's younger brother and I originally created him and another Sim, Joy Newbie (Bob's younger sister), so that I could marry those two families (because of the names) and didn't expect either of them to become prominent characters but well... both of them family Sims they ended up being the first family in the hood to have six children and Andrew in particular went on to be very successful in a couple of interesting careers, starting as a Wrestler and ending up as an Actor.
Of their children most are favorite characters as well particularly the youngest son, Kyle, who died shortly after his wedding and was resurrected.

Then there is Katrina Caliente (the cousin of the Caliente Sisters and called Katrina Nova by now) a serious Knowledge Sim who didn't get along very well with her cousins. By now she's an elder and in her life, managed to become a Space Pirate, was married twice, had two children of her own (one with each husband) and is still helping her second husband, Castor Nova, raising his four alien children, whom she all loves as if they were her own (and no, I didn't plan for that many alien children). They recently moved into a beach house as well. Maybe I'll have Katrina retire soon, but I don't think it would fit the character, she's driven and full of energy. And well, she also has survived both her cousins (after a fashion at least, Nina's a vampire)

The whole Broke (Angela Pleasant included) family is always a favourite as well. By now Angela and Dustin are married (they took Angela's last name) she's in the oceanography career, he's in Education, which I think suits his character. Brandi and the two younger brothers (Beau and Lonny) are living with Brandi's older sister Portia. Beau has followed his father's military footseps and is flirting with Sharla Ottomas (remade version, born in the neighbourhood) while Lonny is just a child for now. They show up for dinner at Dustin's and Angela's place every other day.

And right now I'm having fun with the various Alien immigrants I've settled in the neighbourhood, since I try to play them in a more "alien" way...with middling success.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#9 Old 5th May 2019 at 7:20 PM
Crystal Grunt. If ever you are visiting Academie Le Tour, and your Sims are skipping class, not bothering to gain their skills, and otherwise just wasting their opportunity for an education, listen carefully and you may hear the professors longing for the days of Crystal Grunt. "What those kids need is a Crystal Grunt to take charge of them," they might say, or, "Crystal Grunt would never have stood for that. They don't make them like Crystal any more."

Crystal was the second child and only daughter of Elizabeth Loner (Ajay's granddaughter) and General Buzz. More than any of her brothers, it was Crystal who inherited the General's ability to organize and take command. When her older brother, Ajay, went to college, the General gave him enough money to rent and furnish a large house that the family could live in. Tank's adopted son joined Ajay the following semester, and they had a good time and did the minimum necessary to scrape through, leaving the housework for tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. But then Crystal arrived. Crystal took charge. As more brothers and nephews (and the occasional girlfriend) joined the household, Crystal kept track of everybody's schedule, making sure there wasn't a mad rush five hours before the exams when everybody suddenly decided to get that body skill point or use the mirror. Under Crystal's guidance, every Grunt (and girlfriend) made the Dean's List, every semester. The staff adored her.

But Crystal, though eminently suited, didn't follow in her father's footsteps. The military was too short-sighted to allow women in those days, so the General's daughter followed a different path, putting her organizing skills to use in a life of crime - all while caring for the two youngest children her rather dotty old mother had adopted just before she died. I wish there was a happy ending, but sadly there isn't. Crystal was on the point of fulfilling her dream of becoming the greatest Criminal Mastermind in Strangetown's history when a loose-lipped recruit blabbered something in the wrong place, Crystal's last smuggling operation was discovered, and Crystal went to jail. She tried valiantly to return to her chosen career, but her age was against her - and getting caught is getting caught, no matter whose fault it is.

I'm so sorry, Crystal. But even if you didn't achieve your lifetime want, you live on in Academie Le Tour legend to this day.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th May 2019 at 9:21 PM
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th May 2019 at 4:04 PM
Man, I could talk for days about the Broke family. I have a hard time picking favourites in my Pleasantview but if I have to choose a consistent favourite, it would always be the Broke brothers. They've all had a tumultuous life, but the bond of these three brothers was unwavering. Their mom died when Dustin was still a teenager. He raised his two younger brothers until Beau could take care of little Lucas. Dustin went to university, joined the biggest fraternity on campus and graduated. Beau followed soon after. Same thing with Lucas. Not one of them dropped out. Talk about challenging the odds. They're all casanovas in their own right and have more children than necessary (and they don't always hold themselves accountable), but at least they have each other.

Sadly, Dustin glitched out of my game while engaged to my boyfriend's sim Raquel Stacks. So I pretend like Dustin died in an accident and everyone was incredibly sad about it. I don't think Lucas and Beau will ever be the same. Neither will I, because I've been playing this neighbourhood for a very long time and Dustin definitely made me laugh and cry throughout the years.

I'm super proud of all of these guys. Beau survived through the death of his fiancé and love of his life while caring for his twin newborns. He managed to find find a peaceful arrangement with Ellen Frost who he had three kids with prior to his engagement. He's now married to Ellen and they live in a house with their four kids. The fifth and oldest kid tragically died in a house fire.

Lucas fell in love with Vella Burb and married her to spite Vella's mother, Jennifer. Jennifer is Pleasantview's mayor and didn't approve of the match but that didn't stop either of them. They now have three kids and live in the house that Lucas previously shared with Dustin.

Forum Resident
#12 Old 8th May 2019 at 6:07 AM
Olivia Hernandez-Whitney-Donnelly

Her mom Natalia Hernandez was my favorite CAS sim. Oivia is the youngest of 6. Her father Carlos was a construction worker and her mom was in the culinary career. Her mother got a bunch of money from a career reward, so the youngest children were able to go to university. At university, Olivia and her friends founded the all-girls dorm household that has gone on for generations. She was part of the first spring break vacation that I try to recreate with each generation at university.

Olivia graduated, then became an actress and lived with her 2 best friends downtown. She dated Benjamin Van de Kamp since university, but since he was up-and-coming in the politics career, he thought he needed a more "respectable" wife than an actress, so he broke up with her.

She went on to marry the wealthy Allister Whitney and had 3 children- twin daughters Hailey and Natalie, and son Allister. When he cheated on her, she left him, took the kids and 3/4 of his money. She moved to another subhood to start over, and soon met Kevin Donnelly- a very wealthy older man who she married for his money. He was supposed to die quickly, but the game had other ideas about his lifespan. They now have 3 children- Ethan, Noah, and Emma, and she's pregnant with their 4th. I married her to Kevin because he was rich and expendable, but now I'm actually liking their marriage. He's devoted to her and their children, and helped raise her older children.

She's going to give birth to their 4th child, then Kevin will die of old age and she'll become an elder. I kind of want to squeeze a 3rd husband in once she's a widow. Not because she needs a man, but because I think, she should get a hot, much younger guy who worships her. And at this point, she's richer than both the men who dumped her, so take that respectability.

Also her house is pretty and I love to play it.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th May 2019 at 8:08 PM Last edited by terula8 : 8th May 2019 at 8:55 PM.
My favourite sims are really four or five - the first ones I ever made: Shaylene, her sister Mi'Shara, Rio King her boyfriend, and Malissa Green her foil/frenemy.

I throw in the Uno brothers too since they were the ones that I made second. I will say though - two of my dormies that I made playable, Haylee Sparks and Frankie Harrison, had the most beautiful toddler in game that I've ever seen, in 5 or 6 years of playing. Little Jayden is gorgeous, I can't wait to see him grow up!