Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#14401 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
When it happens, you're unable to call them on the telephone. So they're on the lot, but you can't access them.

This appears to be normal, or at least it is in my game. None of my apartment dwellers are able to call other sims that live in the same apartment building. If I want an apartment-dweller to talk to her neighbor on the phone, she has to go to a community lot for the neighbor to show up on the phone menu. Very irritating. I don't know of any mods that fix this though.

Is the teleporter cat able to find your stuck visitor if you use the cat from some other normal (non-apartment) residential lot?

Another suggestion if you're absolutely desperate - what would happen if you moved a playable sim into the apartment that the visitor is trapped in? (Obviously, back up the neighborhood first in case this makes things worse.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14402 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:14 AM
You can't really tell which apartment they're trapped in. The problem goes away if you move the playable out, that's all I know about how to fix it. The sim isn't "really" trapped anywhere, since trapped playables can still be played and trapped townies can still be called from other lots. It's only when you're on that particular apartment sublot that the sim is trapped.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#14403 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:37 AM
Is there a way to fix an installed Sim that didn't come with a CC hair mesh? I recently installed one and I can't edit their hair because they're missing their scalp.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#14404 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:54 AM
They'll be fine once they're in CAS.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#14405 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
They'll be fine once they're in CAS.

I ran them through CAS and I was able to give them hair, thanks Peni . Now I know what to do in the future.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#14406 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
So how does nuking a stuck party controller (with Batbox) work? I downloaded default replacement for the wedding limo without realizing it was broken (deleted it immediately) and it kept repeating the wedding party for me after showing error message when the couple were in the "limo" for a moment. I read from one of the threads that nuking the stuck party controller might work, but i'm scared to try it out, that i break something else. So how does it work?

Posting in case someone else had similar question, i tried the stuck party controller and it worked without any problem!
Mad Poster
#14407 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
This appears to be normal, or at least it is in my game. None of my apartment dwellers are able to call other sims that live in the same apartment building. If I want an apartment-dweller to talk to her neighbor on the phone, she has to go to a community lot for the neighbor to show up on the phone menu. Very irritating. I don't know of any mods that fix this though.

Is the teleporter cat able to find your stuck visitor if you use the cat from some other normal (non-apartment) residential lot?

Another suggestion if you're absolutely desperate - what would happen if you moved a playable sim into the apartment that the visitor is trapped in? (Obviously, back up the neighborhood first in case this makes things worse.)

I was able to both call and teleport the Sim in from another lot.

This was an issue that happened a while ago and I want to prevent happening again, not really a current issue. So I don't know about the playable family.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#14408 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:25 PM
I don't know that it's preventable, other than not leaving a neighbouring apartment until making sure all visitors have left. I've seen visitors get stuck in neighbors' apartments before, though usually I have more of a problem with visitors getting stuck in dorms. Same issue, just different type of lot. But while there is a seperate fix for dorms, I don't think there's one for apartments. Perhaps it can be extracted out of apt hack?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#14409 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
How can I set manually in SimPE the number of vacation days?
I think it is the Bon Voyage tab of the character's Sim Description resource.
Mad Poster
#14410 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:48 PM
Is there a way to change the game resolution without launching it?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#14411 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:31 AM
My Documents > Ea Games > The Sims 2 > Config > userprops.xml

Back up your existing file first! (I messed this up once and fixing it was NOT fun!)

Near the bottom of the file is a line that should look something like this one from my file. (I added spaces so it would show up.)
< AnyString key="activeDeviceDisplayMode" type="0x0b8bea18" >1920x1080x32x0< /AnyString >

It's been several years since I tried this, but you should be able to edit your resolution in that line and have it take effect when you next start the game.
Scholar
#14412 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
I think it is the Bon Voyage tab of the character's Sim Description resource.

When I said "vacation days" I meant days off from their regular jobs - not being in a holiday. And I seem unable to locate them in SimPE.
Maybe it's worded differently in English, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'll check the item lordtyger mentioned (thanks @lordtyger9 !) although I admit I would rather learn to do it in SimPE.
(One of my quirks: I prefer not using modded items for one-time or very unusual tasks, specially if they do have many other features that are of no use for me.)
Top Secret Researcher
#14413 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 1:56 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 18th Jul 2018 at 3:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
When I said "vacation days" I meant days off from their regular jobs - not being in a holiday. And I seem unable to locate them in SimPE.
Maybe it's worded differently in English, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'll check the item lordtyger mentioned (thanks @lordtyger9 !) although I admit I would rather learn to do it in SimPE.
(One of my quirks: I prefer not using modded items for one-time or very unusual tasks, specially if they do have many other features that are of no use for me.)

@Amura

I wanted to note that Lord Darcy's version of Squinge's Date Counter has a lot of features that I find quite useful, it shows you Best Friends - number of best friends, Lovers - number of simultaneous lovers, Romance - number of Makeouts and Woohoos, Check Wealth - displays lifetime earnings, Dates - number of First and Dream Dates, Fights - number of fights won and lost, also it has a Cheats menu where you can Add Children and Teens to Private School, Hack the Grades for Children and Teens, Add Vacation Days, and Maximize Job Performance.

Mostly I use it for keeping track of Best Friends, Wealth, Lovers and Woohoos. Very useful for those with a LTW of 20 Best Friends, 100 000 simoleans earned, Woohoos with 20 Different Sims, 20 Simultaneous Lovers, 20 First Dates, or 20 Dream Dates.

So the Mod's main function is to show you a count of things about your Sim.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#14414 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 2:46 PM
You are a great seller - I'm gonna grab it :D
I'll see if it's a keeper or I end up tossing it after a use or two
Instructor
#14415 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 5:44 PM
Is there a way to organize the lot catalog? While adding some lots to my new hood, I notice that I have a few of the same lots, and my custom lots are mixed with Maxis lots. I can't tell which is what. I would clean out the Lot Catalog folder, but I don't want to lose my custom lots.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#14416 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:27 PM
days off from work; I think Career tab of Sim Description resource.
Scholar
#14417 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
days off from work; I think Career tab of Sim Description resource.

Nope, it's not there.
I mean, I've checked the obvious places before asking

Actually I've found it in the Extended Browser.
It's called PTO and every 100 decimal points it means a day off.

Thank you everybody for your replies!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14418 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Is there a way to organize the lot catalog? While adding some lots to my new hood, I notice that I have a few of the same lots, and my custom lots are mixed with Maxis lots. I can't tell which is what. I would clean out the Lot Catalog folder, but I don't want to lose my custom lots.

Create a storage hood, put 'em all in there. I organise the hood spatially - all one type of lot over here, another type over there etc. I got sick of scrolling through lots and peering at the thumbnail.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#14419 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1

I second what Maxon said. I also use a hood to hold my lot bin, then delete the lots from the bin. I wanted to add that I find it improves load time as well.
Mad Poster
#14420 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:36 PM
This one is about as random as they get. I just bought a new computer and need to do my windows fixes to it as well as figure out how to play the game offline (UC). First problem: I have no idea what the video card is. I pulled up device manager, but didn't see anything listed as "video card". Does it have other sneaky, stealthy names?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#14421 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
This one is about as random as they get. I just bought a new computer and need to do my windows fixes to it as well as figure out how to play the game offline (UC). First problem: I have no idea what the video card is. I pulled up device manager, but didn't see anything listed as "video card". Does it have other sneaky, stealthy names?

Your Graphic Card should be under, 'Display Adapters' on Device Manager. I'm using Windows 7, and I'm not sure if it's the same for Windows 8/10. I guess you can look for anything that says, 'Display video Adapter.'

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#14422 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1

Type dxdiag into the start menu, press enter. It'll be listed under the Display tab.

Inventor
#14423 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 4:04 AM Last edited by Primavera : 19th Jul 2018 at 6:57 PM.
Is there any reason why all the graves became unselectable? I loaded the Goth lot a few minutes and I got two popups saying how Gunther and Agnes died on another lot, and all the graves were unselectable. Same thing with Michael Bachelor's urn and Darleen Dreamer's headstone. All before I was able to select the gravestones in my test hood and the ghosts came out as normal. I haven't noticed anything game-breaking because of this though.

EDIT: ok it's definitely mod-related because I just pulled my entire Downloads folder. I ran the HCDU and it gave me 10 possible conflicts, but none of them seem related to this problem.

EDIT EDIT: I found out the problem, turns out it wasn't any of the mods/hacks in the report, but it turns out it was this package of extracted base game items made into deco. The urns and gravestones are in the package and it somehow caused the real urns and gravestones to be unselectable. I'm now able to click on the graves now

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#14424 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 5:14 AM
Two questions:

1. Is there a way to force a Sim to get a bad makeover? The reactions and crappy makeup are both pretty funny.

2. Sometimes when using the batbox's Smite option, it turns the Sim crispy and burnt. Other times it doesn't. Any idea why?

Instructor
#14425 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 9:31 AM
Is there a way to remove the want go out for dinner with the Sim they are having a date? I don't plan to make them dine out, never did in all my 10 years of Sims 2, and I probably never will.
Page 577 of 1339