Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 2:03 PM
Default Problem with downloads
I´m a register member, but I can´t donwload? Wath´s the problem?
When I tried they sayd servidor error - or something like that.

Sorry for my bad English
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#152 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 5:30 PM
since the first time i was here i knew that i would register... why not? the site is very worth it!

~ * MaRiA * ~
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#153 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 6:05 PM
Modthesims2.com.....pay for download????
IS this a plan to restric download?
But this is my only source to download custom stuff, i cannot affort to pay to subscribe to be able to download?

I want it to pay free! :baloons: As for everybody"s joy! :moose:
Test Subject
#154 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 6:33 PM
Default Ewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote: Originally posted by just kathy
aaahh My bra....Why of course.

Bras are just an evil plot by "The Man" to keep us bound up! I say free your boobies and the rest will follow *with apologies to EnVogue* :bandit:
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#155 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 6:36 PM
we will never be a pay site- oy
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 9:21 PM
Default Never a doubt.
This is not the first site that I've followed our loved D to and I doubt it would be the last. It was never a question. If Delphy has anything to do with a site and I find out about it, I'm in. Period. Keep up the good work, folks :2cents:
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#157 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 4:13 PM
Err.... who are you moondragon77 and why are you following me? :D

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#158 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 6:06 PM
a pay site over your dead body....

Thank You! Delphy!!
Field Researcher
#159 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nyane23
I´m a register member, but I can´t donwload? Wath´s the problem?
When I tried they sayd servidor error - or something like that.

Sorry for my bad English

Your English is fine.

Sometimes the site experiences a server problem that gets fixed quickly. When the server has a problem it may be hard to download stuff, but when it does go back to normal you can download as many stuff as you'd like. :thumb:

Sorry--just my :2cents: . :p

If you'd like to what else I've made, please click here and here.
Forum Resident
#160 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 7:03 PM
The site's been having problems lately because Delphy is on vacation. Once Delphy's back from vacation and he's hooked back up to the computer everything will be fine.
Stupid people are stupid
#161 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 7:05 PM
The servers probably are missing him....
Field Researcher
#162 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 9:07 PM
I am glad that this will stay a paysite. And it is not like it is a big pain to register, and it doesn't cost a dime! With all the good stuff here, it is so worth it.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#163 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 9:42 PM
:haha:
Quote: Originally posted by simgirl9089
I am glad that this will stay a paysite....and it doesn't cost a dime!
j/k

I'm sure all the problems we're having will stop once Delphy gets back.
Cult Leader
#164 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 1:03 AM
Thats the way it should be> This site is awesome and I love that it's a community. As long as it's still running i'll be happy as Larry!
Forum Resident
#165 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 3:34 PM
I'm also interested to know the answer to Inge's question. Has the change made a difference in the number/amount of downloads?

I am now an ex-guest. I did not register before because I could download without having to give my email address out -- one less potential place to sell or have stolen my email address. I understand completely Delphy's rationale in trying to reduce expenses. It is one thing for him to donate his time to MTS2 but another if he has to cover the costs out of his own pocket.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eddief66
The site's been having problems lately because Delphy is on vacation. Once Delphy's back from vacation and he's hooked back up to the computer everything will be fine.
Delphy can't be on vacation. He's a hologram! :D
Forum Resident
#167 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoKBrasil
Delphy can't be on vacation. He's a hologram! :D

Really? Which one is he?
Banned
#168 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 8:39 PM
lol..this is like a chat room!!..well..i dont think it will make a difference, because if a guest visits the site, something will say that they have to be members in order to download, so they will sign up, im not suggesting make this a paysite..lol..hell no..but it doesnt make a difference to only have members be able to download when all the guests have to do is just sign up...lol....by tha way..u ppl are funny!!lol
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#169 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 9:32 PM
If you want funny, read this ENTIRE thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=99934.
Theorist
#170 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 11:07 PM
I know this is old but you should also make the thumbnails for the downloads disalbed to guests cause I know they also rank up bandwith, just a thought.
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 11:35 PM
Delphy, I can't thank you enough for keeping this site free!!
Field Researcher
#172 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eddief66
Really? Which one is he?
The red haired one :D
Test Subject
#173 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 2:03 AM
NEVER NEVER IS MTS2 BECOMING A PAYSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:psst!:^_^ how do i get to the adult only section?..........just curious
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#174 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 2:08 AM
If your over 18, you can enable adult content in your user profile.
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 2:53 AM
I started off searching for a free alienware computer download because I was afraid to register at the exchange or anywhere else for that matter I kept searching for hours on end turning up Lots of pay sites that had nothing but garbage and sites that claimed to have free sims2 downloads but only offered viruses and trojans. Then I stumbled upon the Holy Grail of custom content MODTHESIMS2 hesitated to register at first because I was skeptical so I downloaded a few objects and scanned over them to detect viruses I found absolutely. In the early stages of the site before the boolproping became a neccessity for lots I looked through the creations after viewing a few I decided I should sign up and throw a few of mine into the mix. My very first sims ( realistic mario brothers ) and lot ( royal flush toilet ) were an instant hit everybody loved them and people kept begging for more. A few uploads later I decided to take it a step further using boolproping to make some more unusual creations one of which ( The mario pinball machine ) became a front page featured download. After I ran out of ideas for lots and sims I messed around with meshes and object creation I uploaded two advanced decorative objects one of which was very highly requested. I am now in the process of making the ultimate sims2 movie for the exchange and a few more objects.

This is actually the only site I have ever been a user of besides the exchange.

I cannot truly think of a way of assisting the site in obtaining money.
I believe preventing guest users from downloading is not a bad idea but there is also a downside to this approach if a user is like me they will want to know if whats said is really they will get and some of those possible donator users will shy away because of doubt. Therefore I believe we should have Free samples for nonmembers. If you think my idea is good I would be willing to allow some of my generic creations to go up as free samples heres the list
Carnage jar (object)
Cyclops ( sim )
Mario Pinball ( lot )
Floor collection ( Floors )
Wall collection ( Walls )

All content within these are completely of my own creation with the exception of Rgiles clear floors ( located within pinball machine ).

I hope this site never gets goes away.

You cannot stop the REVOLUTION.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173431
Page 7 of 10