Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 12:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Child to Adult Conversion - Help Wanted
Hi, everybody. I have recently been wondering if there is any possible way to convert a CAS item for Children to one for Adults. If there is, feel free to tell me what to do. But if there isn't, I will accept that result with grace. Thanks.

I like trains.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 1:00 AM
If you mean a hair or an accessory, those are usually in the "easy" category when it comes to age conversions involving meshes.

For makeup and other face overlays, you can edit the ages in the file.

If it's clothes, and child to adult, it depends a bit on gender and the outfit itself - child to adult male probably will look a bit better than to adult female (spesifically chest area, because there's usually more geometry there for AF, while children and AM are very flat-chested with less geometry, so that could be an issue).

But yes, it is possible. It's pretty much the same procedure for how you'd convert between ages in other circumstances (find a teen to adult conversion tutorial, or something similar). I don't know the exact resizing numbers you'd have to use for the mesh, though - I think there are some numbers floating around, but if you can't find that info you can always do a bit of trial and failure. Children have somewhat different proportions, so you'll most likely have to do a bit more editing than with a teen<--> adult conversion.

I'd also recommend finding a general tutorial on the thing you want to do (making clothes/accessories/hairs - Read through the Unimesh tutorials as a bare minimum), because sometimes other tutorials for more spesific things don't cover all the basics, just the bare minimum of how to get the item to work, so you'll be stuck with gaps in your knowledge and not knowing how to fix issues.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 6:11 AM
Also, tell us what the item is. It's possible that it's already been converted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 11:21 PM Last edited by drwho : 10th Mar 2024 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Because what the hey.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Also, tell us what the item is. It's possible that it's already been converted.

Right, here we are, the item is listed in the file below. First, the files - which make up the item, which is only available for children - will need to be extracted from the zip file.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Miles Tails Prower by KindGenius aka Elaine - Child Head.zip (89.1 KB, 2 downloads)
Description: The package files are in this ZIP file, and I'm afraid they aren't converted... yet.

I like trains.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 1:25 AM
It's an accessory, so mesh-wise it should be easy to convert. Just resize the mesh so it fits over the individual heads for the various ages you want.

For how to put it together, you'll need a tutorial on how to make accessories, unless you know how to already.

(If you need base bodies for accessory making with heads included, here: https://simfileshare.net/download/1516908/ - make sure to remove all unnecessary bits before exporting the meshes to SimPE)

---
If you need the heads to be smaller than sim heads, in such a way they'd poke out, you could use a headless sim download:
https://modthesims.info/d/86687/headless-sims.html
https://hellhasspoken.proboards.com...1&scrollTo=7777 ("invisible sim CC" link)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drwho
Right, here we are, the item is listed in the file below. First, the files - which make up the item, which is only available for children - will need to be extracted from the zip file.

Tails for all ages. https://elainesims.blogspot.com/201...ils-prower.html