Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 31-JUL-2016) The Professional Juice Bar Mod

by icarus_allsorts Posted 2nd Jul 2014 at 8:17 PM - Updated 30th Jul 2016 at 5:44 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 113 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
Will this conflict with Shimrod's at NSA 23 Hour Bars and Clubs mod. I keep on getting NRaas Register script errors and I'm not sure if it is even related to this mod.

No there should be no conflicts. Best you upload those ScriptErrors to the NRaas Wiki to be looked into.

Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
@icarus_allsorts When I instruct my Sims to interact with the bar (e.g. practice making drinks), my Sims will keep routing towards the bar even if I cancel the interaction. Could you check this bug if it occurs to you, please?

Guess I was unnecessary forcing sims to route to the bar after all. Should be fixed in the latest version.
Alchemist
#102 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Guess I was unnecessary forcing sims to route to the bar after all. Should be fixed in the latest version.

Thank you! .

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#103 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 9:35 PM
I've been using this mod for a while now and love it as it makes it so much easier to have proper working bars in EA worlds. Like Babyliss, I've been getting some script errors. Mostly they seem to be inactives ordering food from the bar: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Counters.icarusallsorts.BarAdvancedProxy+OrderFood+Definition

Although one error occurred when my sim ordered pizza and another was a dereference at the end of an Errortrap correction log. I can upload these for you if they would be useful? I didn't want to waste your time by uploading them if you already had examples.

Thanks again for a great mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#104 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimlupai
I've been getting some script errors. Mostly they seem to be inactives ordering food from the bar: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Counters.icarusallsorts.BarAdvancedProxy+OrderFood+Definition

Although one error occurred when my sim ordered pizza and another was a dereference at the end of an Errortrap correction log. I can upload these for you if they would be useful?

Yea, that would be helpful (the pizza one at least), sounds like something I should take a look into
Test Subject
#105 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:05 PM
I saw in the comments above that you wanted script errors uploaded to the NRaas wiki so I'll do that now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#106 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:38 PM
I saw in the comments above that you wanted script errors uploaded to the NRaas wiki so I'll do that now.

Oh I see the comment you read now. Babyliss mentioned ScriptErrors for NRaas Register which may or may not have to do with this mod so it would've been better in that case to upload it to the NRaas Wiki in case it was for something unrelated to this mod.

Anyways I've received your ScriptErrors and I'm not really sure what caused the problems in the first place. Is it a constantly recurring problem (with a specific bar perhaps, but it looks like you've had it happen on different lots) or just the few cases there? If it is a constant nagging problem, try reassigning the mixologist or detoggling/retoggling the interactions on those bars giving you problems (keep in mind that this will probably cause the mixologist to be reassigned) since my guess is the mixologist somehow not standing/behaving correctly at the bar at the moment someone was trying to order food from them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 8:19 PM
Sorry to have uploaded them to the wrong place, I didn't get much sleep last night so I misinterpreted what you posted. Thanks for looking at the errors, I was playing in the Uni world when I got them. My sim has come home now but will be going back to get another degree so I'll see what happens then. Thanks again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#108 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:26 AM
Sorry to have uploaded them to the wrong place, I didn't get much sleep last night so I misinterpreted what you posted. Thanks for looking at the errors, I was playing in the Uni world when I got them. My sim has come home now but will be going back to get another degree so I'll see what happens then. Thanks again.

No biggie, in fact thanks for calling my attention to the pizza ordering problem (which apparently affected all professional bars as well even without mods), it should be fixed with the latest version. Your other errors weren't specifically about ordering pizza though, but seemed to have the same cause (presumably) so hopefully they won't occur anymore as well (if they do do inform me).
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#109 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:49 PM
I've been having some problem where the bars become unroutable (for the mixologist) after some time. I am not sure what is causing the problem, and I have a core mod in that is incompatible with error trap. I don't recall seeing this problem with an earlier version, but it could be that I just didn't play the game long enough.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#110 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I've been having some problem where the bars become unroutable (for the mixologist) after some time. I am not sure what is causing the problem, and I have a core mod in that is incompatible with error trap. I don't recall seeing this problem with an earlier version, but it could be that I just didn't play the game long enough.

Hmm, kinda need more details to know what's going on there. Is it that they do try to route to the bar but play the route fail animation or that they just ignore it completely? Can a sim you control moonlight/use at the bar without any problems? Does this happen for ALL bars in your game or only some of them? It could be a problem with the mixologist sim themself so you could also trying reassigning him/her using NRaas Register.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#111 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:48 AM
It happens to multiple bars. They get a route fail bubble. I can replace the bar and turn it on, and the new one works fine. But not for long. I haven't tried moonlighting. I'm heading for bed, but maybe I can try tomorrow. It could be that it is just my game, though. Also, I try to delete everything nearby in case there are invisible jigs. I have had jigs cause problems before.
Mad Poster
#112 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:10 PM
Ok, using Master Controller's Object Reset on the lot works fine for my issue. I select both the actual bar and the bar that has your user name on it from the object list, just in case, and the mixologist goes back to using the bar just fine without having to reassign them or place a new bar.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 2:51 PM
Thnaks , I was looking for this one :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:01 AM
Just what i needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 10:32 AM
Fantastic! Thank you. :)
Test Subject
#116 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:00 AM
Thanks for the great mod! To make it even better, here's a German translation:

[0] 0x58D32E972728BC69: Aktiviere "Professionelle Saftbar" Interaktionen
[1] 0x5BF61A58A67FD128: Deaktiviere "Professionelle Saftbar" Interaktionen
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:15 PM
Best mod ever for those who ask themselves why there are no real bars on the island paradisse. And... no need to buy an oversized juice bar for a tiny diner room.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#118 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:33 AM
I have many bars in my game. My sims have a problem. However I was getting bored with the same two professional bars. Thank you so much for this mod.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Ok, using Master Controller's Object Reset on the lot works fine for my issue. I select both the actual bar and the bar that has your user name on it from the object list, just in case, and the mixologist goes back to using the bar just fine without having to reassign them or place a new bar.

Is this a permanent fix for you?

It only seems to work one shift for me. This is something that's started happening to me in the update. I've only tried it in one world (University, new game) so far, but it had been working brilliantly up until now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#120 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:12 PM
@simb0t: Do you have the same problem with mixologists at regular professional bars? Does replacing the bar or using NRaas Register to reassign the role to possibly another sim work?
Field Researcher
#121 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 3:51 PM
@icarus_allsorts - No issues with regular LN bars.

I actually don't use Register in my game, although now that you mentioned it, I took it out at about the same time I updated your mod. Don't think that should matter, as the save I'm playing w/ now is brand new.

I'm not sure if it's related, as the mixologists actually appear on the lot, but get route failure to the bar. Eventually they'll go do something else on the lot before trying to return to their duty (which will result in another route fail, etc).

I'll try a vanilla setup this weekend and report back. Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#122 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 11:34 AM
@simb0t: Hmm, I'm rather puzzled as to the cause of this one, it does happen in my current game as well with one particular bar and as you and a previous user have noted resetting the bar does solve the issue but it pops back up the next day. I'll try to see if there's anything I can do about it, but in the mean time manually resetting the bar is the only temporary solution I can think of
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#123 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 1:51 AM
@icarus_allsorts: Thanks for checking into it further! I don't mind resetting the bar, since I don't care too much if townies can't get a drink if I'm not at the bar.

FWIW I'm getting the same error in a fresh game (with mods). If it's helpful to give you a list, glad to do so – though I don't think there's any conflicts.
Field Researcher
#124 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simb0t
@icarus_allsorts: Thanks for checking into it further! I don't mind resetting the bar, since I don't care too much if townies can't get a drink if I'm not at the bar.

FWIW I'm getting the same error in a fresh game (with mods). If it's helpful to give you a list, glad to do so – though I don't think there's any conflicts.

Quick update here: ErrorTrap was catching a lot of script errors while traveling to another world that were related to role sims (specifically tourist/explorers, but I'm sure there were other things in there I couldn't decipher). I put NRass Register in this save, and now the Professional Juice Mod has been working fine for 5 sim days - both in travel worlds and back in my home world.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#125 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simb0t
I put NRass Register in this save, and now the Professional Juice Mod has been working fine for 5 sim days - both in travel worlds and back in my home world.

Glad to hear that I haven't had much luck in tracking down the cause really, anytime I set out to do so the problem doesn't emerge anymore. Sometimes reloading the game automatically fixed the issue I found, which unfortunately means I don't have a consistent test save to be able to test any potential fixes, but hey, any fix is better than none I suppose.
Page 5 of 7