Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 5:49 PM Last edited by el2434 : 30th Apr 2013 at 10:59 PM.
Thank you Cmar will give that a try

edit:
Finished the markings, thanks for the help, they are fantasy ones, if anyone wants to download will leave the link below

[link]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 6:55 PM
Hello, much thanks for providing this tutorial! I've watched for something like that for ages.
But I have a problem, I can't open the DDS file in GIMP. I installed the DDS plug-in but there is an error message when I try to open the file.
Can you help me?
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 10:28 PM
Darinalove - What sort of error message? Can you post a screencap of it? I don't use GIMP, so I'm not sure I'll be able to help, but will give it my best shot.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Test Subject
#29 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 5:47 PM
Thanks for your fast reply, here's the screencap:

The lower part is german, it means opening of file is failed. The plug-in dds couldn't open the image.
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 2:39 PM
Okay, I've found the solution myself.
For all gimp users with the same problem: You mustn't have a vowel mutation like ä, ü, ö or something like ' in the file path.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 8:09 PM
Darinalove - Sorry for my late reply, but glad you got it solved. I'll remember that in case anyone else has problems like that, thank you!

simblr
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 2:21 PM
Hello
Thanks for this good Guide!! it is amazing!
But i have a problem to get .dds files into PS? :/
I use Adope Photoshop CS6 , i have downloded this http://web.archive.org/web/20110705...adobe-photoshop and i think i also downloaded DirectX 9 on Windows website.
But when i want to open the dds file in PS, it saying it is not the rigth kind of dokument?
What should i do? Hope you can help me
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#33 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 1:50 PM
553lotte - It sounds like the DDS plugin didn't install correctly. Try this updated link to the plugin download. The old link didn't mention supporting CS6, so hopefully that will resolve things. I've updated the link in the actual tutorial too, so if that works for you there won't be any confusion for others in the future.

simblr
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 7:26 PM
I love this tutorial! Although do you have any idea how to make regional markings with two channels? I know there's something you need to do with alpha channels and red, yellow, blue or green. (Don't know what the order of those is)
Thanks in advance!
I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I don't have time to look through all of the comments at the moment.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 12:33 AM
Thankyou for the tutorial, I do have one enquiree, how do I make a custom 4 channeled marking? Since I would love to know. Thankyou
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by demonslayer1976
Thankyou for the tutorial, I do have one enquiree, how do I make a custom 4 channeled marking? Since I would love to know. Thankyou

You need to clone a marking which has 4 channels already. Once you're in Photoshop, you'll be using the red, green, blue, and alpha channels to create the marking. It works the same as 2 and 3 channel markings. Each channel controls a different palette in-game.

simblr
Page 2 of 2