Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 3:38 PM Last edited by Acadia : 21st Mar 2019 at 12:49 PM.
Default WCIF Less money for novel and painting (can't make K-C's mod work) or instructions how to make K-C's mod work, any help really please!
Hello! I noticed recently that I have serious problem in my newly balanced game. I'm playing long life spans, reduced salaries, slow skill gain and less promotions. With result sims accumulate wealth real slow and every extra 20$ count for them. Novels however? They destroy whole system. Sim with creativity zero to two can earn anything between 1000 and 1500 simoleons in mere fourteen hours. Result: my sims aren't allowed to paint or write until this is fixed and I'm miserable. For me this equals to my game being broken and I'm ready to do just anything to fix this, no matter how many hours of studying it takes. I used to have K-C's hack http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=379962 for this purpose but somewhere along the way it has mystically stopped working.

What I'm looking for?
1. Best solution would be someone else already has corresponding hack that works. Any ideas? <- This is why this is at WCIF section
2. If such doesn't exist, does someone know magical trick how to make K-C's one work, have I just been stupid and missed stuff
3. If neither of those works, as last resort also referring me anywhere where I can study how to fix it myself would be appreciated. But please don't refer me to general modding forum because I don't want to learn how to add extra pie menu to object or create custom career. I spent three whole afternoons reading those and it contributed zero to solution despite me having pretty good memory and studying skills.

I actually already scoured through modding guides for several afternoons but I'm only learning stuff that isn't helping me so I'm lost in information jungle. Now you see how desperate I am right? I never dived deeper in SimPE and now I have done even that.

I can't figure out why that hack doesn't work! I have placed the file last in my downloads folder (inside ZZZLoadLast subfolder) to make sure nothing else is overwriting it in loadup, and still get same results. I have tested my game with or without that file in folders and sims still get same amount of money. On the other words it's doing nothing. Moreover, K-C wrote that file should reduce earnings about 70% and only part of the BCON resource that had been changed in comparison to original resource if viewed in SimPE is it's overwriting 5000 (in original) with 1500 (in altered file) in 0x2... so I have assumed that's what's supposed to edit the earnings since 1500 is 30% of 5000. However in addition to mod not working, confusingly, changing that number up or down does absolutely nothing to amount sims earn. Another proof that that file loads (but doesn't work like it's supposed to for whatever reason) is that if I alter the previously unaltered first parameter (0x1) within the resource the effects can be seen in my game because novel writing time changes. So it can't be whole package is overwritten or ignored since it basically "works", it just does nothing about novel prices for some reason that I don't understand.

Edit: Ok seems no one here knows how to help me. Maybe this thread should be moved to modding forum in hopes someone knows what manual to point me towards. I promise it does nothing good to community I start making custom careers.

Edit 2 (27.2.2019): It occurred to me several times if reason it doesn't work is because there is another interaction for phone call they get that actually gives the money, but I have no idea how can one extract that in package if that's why, and I wasn't able to find out answer to that from anywhere either despite trying really hard. And the mod has been updated same year Mansion and Garden came out or close to that