Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 1:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
How to View Custom Content Used on a Sim?
Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if there is any possible way to see what custom content was used on a Sim. What I mean by that is, if I have a .sim file, can I view what contents the Sim has? The reason I ask this is because I had to do a clean run of my game a while back, and in doing so I lost a lot of sims3pack files that I deleted thinking I didn't need them anymore. Now quite a few of my Sims look weird since I have missing hair or missing skintones. I still do have their .sim files from when I saved them, but how can I recover this custom content?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoxofactoryxoxo
Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if there is any possible way to see what custom content was used on a Sim. What I mean by that is, if I have a .sim file, can I view what contents the Sim has? The reason I ask this is because I had to do a clean run of my game a while back, and in doing so I lost a lot of sims3pack files that I deleted thinking I didn't need them anymore. Now quite a few of my Sims look weird since I have missing hair or missing skintones. I still do have their .sim files from when I saved them, but how can I recover this custom content?

The .sim file can be opened with S3PE, and will show the simo (Sim Outfit) files saved inside the .sim file. I tested 4 random saved .sim files of my 80 or so and found only a few obvious references to any CC by file name. I am a long time player of sims 3, but new to digging into its inner workings, hopefully this information helps.

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedSmiley
The .sim file can be opened with S3PE, and will show the simo (Sim Outfit) files saved inside the .sim file. I tested 4 random saved .sim files of my 80 or so and found only a few obvious references to any CC by file name. I am a long time player of sims 3, but new to digging into its inner workings, hopefully this information helps.

Hey, I tried this with the Sims I needed CC for and couldn't find any of the file names in S3PE unfortunately. I've tried my luck and scavenged for some of the CC, but there is still a skin that I can't find which I'll probably turn to the WCIF forum to. Thanks anyways. ♥