Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 12:25 PM
Default TS4 System Spec Info
I figured it would be a good idea to start collating all the relevant anecdata about TS4 specs/performance in one place, so we can see patterns of what works and what doesn't as they start to emerge.

Official system requirements for the CAS demo, which appear to be 100% pure organic bullshit, as usual:

MINIMUM: OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 (64 bit versions are preferred)
CPU: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent
Dual Core and SSE 2 required
For computers using built-in graphics chipsets the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent
RAM: At least 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 1.2 GB of free space with at least 0.5 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0
SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse
Source

Setups known NOT to work with the CAS demo:

HP Pavilion G6 Notebook. 1.8 Ghz AMD A4-3300M, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 6480G.
Problem type: overheating. Source.

Dell Studio XPS 435MT. 2.6 Ghz i7-920, 6GB RAM, Radeon HD 3600 Series.
Problem type: artefacts. Source.

If you have come across any other reports of setups which do or don't work, please post or link them here.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.