Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 7:24 PM
Default WCIF a mod to stop my Sims wanting their friends to go to uni?
For (hopefully) some useful context, I currently have Pescado's wfsanity mod in my game, along with Twojeffs's Baby Wants Fix and Squinge's No Influences Wants. They're loaded alphabetically, and having seen one or two comments saying that you can only have one Wants-editing mod in your game at a time, I'm now wondering whether this is affecting their performance - specifically wfsanity, since I've also read that my titular request is actually covered by this specific mod. If it is, then the mod's not doing anything.

If it isn't responsible for squashing this Want, and if the three mods can all run fine together, I'd ideally like to find my requested mod - the stupid Wants completely fill every Sim's panel for pretty much the first two semesters, and since I tend to play a Wants-motivated game it can get frustrating when their Wants to study and do term papers are blocked out by wanting their half-sister's neighbour's cousin to come to uni.

I've looked online and not found anything, and I'd make my own mod if I knew how, but I'm very aware that I've got limited skill in mod-making, especially something as critical as want trees.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:00 AM
Sorry, meant to reply earlier--certainly didn't mean to click Funny and then not reply for a whole day! Anyway. Hmm, I don't see anything in the faqs about wfsanity stopping those wants, nor do I see anything in Twojeffs' or Squinge's faqs that say they conflict with wfsanity, and I feel like they would if there was a conflict--especially for Twojeff's mod, as a lot of Twojeffs' users also used Pescado's mods and conflicts were often reported. I would run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility to see if there really is a conflict between the mods. Maybe something else is messing with what you want.

Now, as for only having one wants-editing mod, that's true--but I don't think it applies here, because that usually only applies to mods that are editing the "Wants.package", which can't be renamed. Since none of the mods here are named "Wants.package", nor do they mention editing a core file, I think you're okay on that front. If wfsanity does in fact suppress the wants, I would play around with the load order and see if that helps. If, it doesn't, it looks like DeeDee suppressed those wants in No College Scholarship Wants, located here. DeeDee's mod does conflict with wfsanity, so you'll probably need to have wfsanity load first and see if everything works the way you want. Otherwise, if you don't also want to affect scholarship wants, delete those lines from DeeDee's file.

Hope that helps!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:28 PM
Thank you, I'll check out DeeDee's mod and also see if I can achieve anything with a different load order.

If I do want to change anything in DeeDee's file, would I do that in SimPE?
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:49 PM
Yes. For example if you want to delete the scholarship changes, in the resource list pane, find the line you want to get rid off, then right click and select delete. Save the file and then you're good to go.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her