Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 2:21 PM
Default Hair Changes
I'm trying to make changes to a hair, but whenever I save my changes it turns the hair into a bald head. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 2:43 PM
Can you upload the files you're working on? Much easier to figure out with something to look at.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 12:45 PM
It's this hair. https://digitalangels.tumblr.com/po...calender-day-19 I'm trying to change the alpha, but whenever I save the new alpha it goes bald.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 10:32 PM
On the texture or the mesh? In SimPE, or Bodyshop? And are you using Gimp or some other program? Gimp has some issues with saving BMP files correctly.

If in SimPE, which picture setting are you using? It's best to build the texture with DXT3 or 5. The "import" button usually causes a bad result.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 12:29 AM
In Bodyshop. In the Projects folder. I use Photoshop.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 5:46 PM
Could you upload the texture files you're trying to change, alternatively a finished file?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:47 AM
This is my Projects folder file, just after it went bald in Bodyshop. http://www.simfileshare.net/download/972972/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 11:46 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Feb 2019 at 6:42 PM.
The textures look fine, but the project package file doesn't have any TXMT or TXTR resources in it, which it should. It should only lack the Binary Index resource (that's the one that makes the hair show up, and it's added to the files that end up in SavedSims when you click "import to game").

I tried to make a recolor just to see if I could replicate the issue, but the package file got the TXTR and TXMT resource like it should, and updating the hair (though I didn't do any changes) didn't do anything. I had only the mesh and the Volatile hair recolor in my game.

You'll have to make sure you haven't used a very modified hair like one of the (possibly onlyl elder enabled) greys to make the recolor, because that could cause the textures to disappear. The Volatile hair seems to work fine.

Another issue could be the texture size. The original hair has 2048x1024 sized textures. Perhaps your game/Bodyshop can't handle that size textures properly?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 6:13 AM
I checked the package file both before and after I made changes to the alpha and yeah, it's deleting my texture and TXMT files as soon as I make a change. DX Even replacing the package file with the original one didn't work. Weird.

Edit: And then I thought about the size of the textures and I wondered. Turns out the alpha I was saving over the hair was not the same size as its alpha. I sized that up and it's working now!

Thanks heaps!