Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 2:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Game Crashing Due to Unknown CC
Recently, my game has been crashing at around 10:00am in-game time. I've since used The Crash Log Analyzer to find out what's wrong and the program reveals custom content is responsible for the crashes. However...Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard isn't showing any broken .package files or conflicting mods. I've gone through multiples times and cleaned everything I could, but the problem still persists.

Most of my mods - Create a Sim and Build/Buy items - have been merged by category. With that being said, I'm not sure how I can pinpoint the exact mod(s) that are causing the issue. And another thing: I have a few lots downloaded as a .sims3pack, so the problem could possibly lie there but that would mean having to uninstall one of the lots my current Sims game uses. Also, these crashes have been happening on several lots.

Here are my specs if they can be of any use.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
use NRAAS MC and give it the old town reset.

Crash still happens after resetting the town. :/

I'm going to factory reset The Sims 3 start a new game and see if it happens on that one.
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bella666
Recently, my game has been crashing at around 10:00am in-game time. I've since used The Crash Log Analyzer to find out what's wrong and the program reveals custom content is responsible for the crashes. However...Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard isn't showing any broken .package files or conflicting mods. I've gone through multiples times and cleaned everything I could, but the problem still persists.

Most of my mods - Create a Sim and Build/Buy items - have been merged by category. With that being said, I'm not sure how I can pinpoint the exact mod(s) that are causing the issue.

The Dashboard is not 100% accurate. Do not trust it blindly because even though it shows everything being fine, it may not be true. I've experienced that many times. You should always keep all the cc unmerged somewhere, so when something like this happens, you can test with those and then merge them again after the problem cc is found. It's also good to have a so called 'quarantine' folder inside the Packages folder and always place any new cc in there for a short test period - to see if they work okay or not - before merging them.

Since you have your cc merged, you could test them with having only half of them in game - the 50/50 method - basically what you would do with unmerged cc and go from there.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content