Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC not showing
Just installed 2 new EP (Ikea & Teen stuff); now most CC does not show up. In Build, only CC for fences, floors, & walls show.
No buyable CC show up. Can't imagine what the problem is.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 8:59 AM
Sometimes the game insists on being installed in order. I know a lot of people don't get this, but when I had disks I got it. The only solution, unfortunately, is to deinstall and reinstall in order.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:43 PM
I have non UC and CC are still showing up and everything is fine and no problem at all.. if you want to download it but i will give you link in PM if you want.

Regards.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Nov 2018 at 5:30 PM.
Every time you install new EP/SPs (or remove them), CC is automatically turned off. So make sure to enable CC again (may take a couple tries for the changes to stick).

Just to be on the safe side, it's also a good idea to take a backup of all your files (the whole "The Sims 2" folder in Documents) before installing new EPs or SPs, just in case something goes boom.
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 3:44 PM
Did you remove your downloads folder when you installed the SPs? Try removing your downloads folder, letting the game generate an empty one. Then, close the game, and replace the empty downloads with your old one.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 6:00 PM
To all: No, I didn't remove downloads folder. I didn't realize (forgot) that SP's had to be installed in order of release! And OMG no, that's the last thing I will try. I did turn on the "allow CC & don't tell me about it".
Alex: don't know what you mean by "I have non UC...if you want to download it".
AND trying other hoods, my CC SEEMS to be intact,, BUT MY CAMERA MOD IS NOT WORKING! It was still where it was supposed to be, but I removed and replaced. But couldn't find the one I had, and new one does not zoom in close to lots from hood view. I may find other things still wrong...still looking

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 7:50 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Nov 2018 at 8:01 PM.
Any of the files in the "The Sims 2" folder may possibly get replaced when installing a new EP/SP, hence why it's a very good idea to do a backup first. If you've altered files in the install files, it's a good idea to keep a backup of those as well. Some of the install files may even get updated (there used to be patch files in the CD versions of the EPs/SPs). Camera mods tend to have the exact same names as the maxis files, so make sure the date stamp is the same as the mod and not the original files.

If you still have issues with the CC, try opening the "userProps" file in the "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config" folder (usually opens in an internet browser window). It basically shows an overview of the ingame settings, and may be editable (but don't quote me on that).
Look for these lines close to the top. If they say something else, CC may not be properly enabled:
<AnyBoolean type="0xcba908e1" key="allowCustomContent">true</AnyBoolean>
<AnyBoolean type="0xcba908e1" key="disableCustomObjects">false</AnyBoolean>

And of course you have to restart the game after changing the settings ingame (but you probably knew that).

Technically, it's said that you don't need to install the EPs/SPs in order of release, but it's highly recommended. Possibly because of the patch files (the ones that tell you "the game is updating" or some such, just before the game finishes the install).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alex5
UC means The Sims 2 Non Ultimate Collection and i have sims 2 ultimate collection without origin but if you install them, it would be solved problem.

The Ultimate Collection is only available through Origin, and no sharing of copyrighted materials is allowed here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:29 AM
The UC is now not available at all as from October 11, 2018.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The Ultimate Collection is only available through Origin, and no sharing of copyrighted materials is allowed here.

oh i'm sorry, i didn't knew that. i will not do again.

Post has been deleted now