Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:04 AM
Default I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread.
In light of the infamous chat thread that shall not be mentioned being locked I just wanted to throw this up for people who like each others company so we can talk about silly stuff that only has 60% to do with The Sims franchise's new child.

Anyone need a hug?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Anyone need a hug?

Very much so. I feel forced to stay strong as an EAntagonist, just because the company is so evil, despite not killing people or contaminating the environment, so much so that I have to hate TS4 in almost every imaginable way, and I feel tempted to log onto Amazon and Metacritic and make spam accounts to give TS4 0.0 ratings. And yet, the game itself looks fun, while still very light in content, I think even The Sims Stories series of games (which are TS2-lite pretty much) had more content.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
Very much so. I feel forced to stay strong as an EAntagonist, just because the company is so evil, despite not killing people or contaminating the environment, so much so that I have to hate TS4 in almost every imaginable way, and I feel tempted to log onto Amazon and Metacritic and make spam accounts to give TS4 0.0 ratings. And yet, the game itself looks fun, while still very light in content, I think even The Sims Stories series of games (which are TS2-lite pretty much) had more content.

It's not looking so hot at the official forums which kind of makes me feel like even more of an outsider since I sort of enjoy the game in a casual way. Not a fan of the missing features and I'm worried we won't get toddlers or pools back any time soon, but there are aspects. EA is evil still. We should change the spelling of evil to EAvil.
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:14 AM
It's not looking so hot at the official forums which kind of makes me feel like even more of an outsider since I sort of enjoy the game in a casual way. Not a fan of the missing features and I'm worried we won't get toddlers or pools back any time soon, but there are aspects. EA is evil still. We should change the spelling of evil to EAvil.

There was always the EAxis term that was going around since even the TS2 days, but I'm not sure if that is still an appropriate term to use.

I also don't want to be seen as a hypocrite and a supporter of an evil company that is somehow demonized even more than the likes of BP and Bank of America. (For the oil spill, and taking away people's homes even though their mortgages were paid off in full, respectively)
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:20 AM
There was always the EAxis term that was going around since even the TS2 days, but I'm not sure if that is still an appropriate term to use.

I also don't want to be seen as a hypocrite and a supporter of an evil company that is somehow demonized even more than the likes of BP and Bank of America. (For the oil spill, and taking away people's homes even though their mortgages were paid off in full, respectively)

I usually use the EAxis term and I feel it's probably appropriate since the mindset runs rampant with the higher ups and the producers. I have a feeling the people who actually got their hands dirty with the game are pretty proud of what they did and in some aspects, they really should be, but the big wigs wanted to make it this hip reality tv mockery hashtag fustercluck.

For instance the autonomy isn't entirely messed up. Sims do stupid things, but they're also sweet. This one sim that my sim's husband cheated on visited the house every single day up to the day that he died. He was like "Let me in. Please? I'll keep it in my pants."
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:22 AM
I usually use the EAxis term and I feel it's probably appropriate since the mindset runs rampant with the higher ups and the producers. I have a feeling the people who actually got their hands dirty with the game are pretty proud of what they did and in some aspects, they really should be, but the big wigs wanted to make it this hip reality tv mockery hashtag fustercluck.

And I do feel sorry for some of the people involved, namely Graham and Ryan. They had to work so hard to look like the game is amazing, when you could tell that it wasn't 100% genuine.

But Rachel and Grant, yeah those two can kiss my ass because of their egos and how they forced their "views" onto this game.
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:24 AM
Thanks, lovcat. I admire you, no matter which way things went, you never got a shitty attitude (wish I could say the same for myself) and your unapologetically fun you tubes were appreciated by everyone. I wish I now wasn't stuck in this half-state (still pissed, still know the game is stripped down, but have given a key reseller $40, so EA 66% wins and I look 66% flaky). But hoping they will let us keep this thread if we behave, and that we do not get trolls who tempt us to do otherwise. In a way, I think the original thread lock contributed to a very bad day I was having, which contributed to me needing a distraction AND a reason to keep talking to people here at MTS. Hence the purchase.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:25 AM
And I do feel sorry for some of the people involved, namely Graham and Ryan. They had to work so hard to look like the game is amazing, when you could tell that it wasn't 100% genuine.

But Rachel and Grant, yeah those two can kiss my ass because of their egos and how they forced their "views" onto this game.

The low ratings and trolling on every board/review site is just what they need. You wouldn't think that they'd need another swift kick in the pants after Sim City, but maybe it will send some signal to whoever bankrolls the operation to stop treating the fans like morons.

It makes me sick because I as I mention a lot see potential. It's not what they advertised AT ALL. Weird shit doesn't happen unless you count the random push-ups. It's a gimmick that failed miserably.

On the subject of my youtubes, the channel was eaten while I was trying to change something and I'm debating doing a legitimate let's play. Lost like 70 subscribers so I wonder if it's even worth it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:29 AM
I'll take that hug
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:29 AM
Well, I admittedly don't have too much attention span for lengthy live plays -- your ten minute segments felt perfect to me -- but I think the fact that you were able to convey a sense of amusement with the little things without sounding like a yibby marketer was something that was nice to have, so maybe you should consider continuing if the mood strikes.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I'll take that hug
*big hug* Ordered it a size too big, hope you don't mind :P

Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Well, I admittedly don't have too much attention span for lengthy live plays -- your ten minute segments felt perfect to me -- but I think the fact that you were able to convey a sense of amusement with the little things without sounding like a yibby marketer, was something that was nice to have, so maybe you should consider continuing if the mood strikes.

That's probably one of my best qualities, being easily amused. I abused the camera pivot and did a slow stop motion panoramic type thing while I sang 20 seconds of "Mad World" .. I laughed for a good 5 minutes.
Scholar
#12 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:36 AM
*big hug* Ordered it a size too big, hope you don't mind :P

That's probably one of my best qualities, being easily amused. I abused the camera pivot and did a slow stop motion panoramic type thing while I sang 20 seconds of "Mad World" .. I laughed for a good 5 minutes.

Dang, I missed that. But it's more than that, you're amused without SQUEALING. actually, don't even think about what I'm typing here too hard, just keep being you if you do carry on.

Also damn we need mods.

Lilbag, are you still holding out? No judgement either way.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Lilbag, are you still holding out? No judgement either way.

Still holding out. Don't got the money for this when I'm waiting on two games that I can say without a shadow of a doubt I'll like.
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Still holding out. Don't got the money for this when I'm waiting on two games that I can say without a shadow of a doubt I'll like.

That's the best way to go about it, I think. Get to see what's hiding up EAxis' sleeves and how much we can clean it up with mods and CC.
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:51 AM
Plus it should be down to $30 soon.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:00 AM
Anyone need a hug?

Yes please and a smile?

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:01 AM
Hello hello~ :D

@lovecat noooooo What happened to your channel? ): I like your breezy but fun videos, don't make it too serious or anything. Keep going!

*weeps*

Also, totally got rid of the Rattlesnake Douchebar and placed a library in it's wake. Oasis Landing peeps need education more than a damn juice bar. You guys got a lounge, that's good enough.

Edit: I made the demonic baby sound outloud, gurgle and all. Me and my husband laughed for like three straight minutes. Thanks for breaking us.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Hello hello~ :D

@lovecat noooooo What happened to your channel? ): I like your breezy but fun videos, don't make it to serious or anything. Keep going!

*weeps*

Also, totally got rid of the Rattlesnake Douchebar and placed a library in it's wake. Oasis Landing peeps need education more than a damn juice bar. You guys got a lounge, that's good enough.

I fail at teh internets is the short version. I have 2-3 "channels" and when I was trying to delete the old one, I deleted that one. So I just went ahead and created a channel with the correct spelling of my name in the url "TheRealLovecat" (forgot the E last time.)

The up side of it being eaten. I figured out how to use adobe premiere so I can make a cute opening graphic for each episode and I figured out custom thumbnails. They won't be obnoxious, don't worry. No photos of me making contorted faces in response to the game, just text.

Edit - does the demonic baby sound like a murloc or is it just me? As in.. I sound like a murloc .. murglrlglrglrr
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:09 AM
I fail at teh internets is the short version. I have 2-3 "channels" and when I was trying to delete the old one, I deleted that one. So I just went ahead and created a channel with the correct spelling of my name in the url "TheRealLovecat" (forgot the E last time.)

The up side of it being eaten. I figured out how to use adobe premiere so I can make a cute opening graphic for each episode and I figured out custom thumbnails. They won't be obnoxious, don't worry. No photos of me making contorted faces in response to the game, just text.

Edit - does the demonic baby sound like a murloc or is it just me? As in.. I sound like a murloc .. murglrlglrglrr

Oh dear. Lemme go find your new channel then. Yay for no obnoxious stuff! You might just be my favorite youtuber. Note that I don't give a shit about 99% of youtube channels out there.

Ain't no body got time for 1000s of channels subs.

Forum Resident
#20 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:11 AM
I'm holding out too. I've had some practice at it, since I skipped the TS3 bandwagon. Though lately, I've been tempted to give TS3 (most likely with Ambitions) a whirl. The open world just looks so beautiful compared to TS4's, which at my seasoned age doesn't appeal to me at all. I still like the look of the TS4 Sims a lot though, especially all the variety I've seen and been able to make with the demo.

And Lovecat, I've really enjoyed your TS4 videos too!

EDIT: I might consider trying TS4 for $30 or less.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:12 AM

That's an insult to murlocs, but I think you maybe onto something here... (I miss WoW )
Alchemist
#22 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:12 AM
Great on you, lovcat, for making this thread.
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Oh dear. Lemme go find your new channel then. Yay for no obnoxious stuff! You might just be my favorite youtuber. Note that I don't give a shit about 99% of youtube channels out there.

Ain't no body got time for 1000s of channels subs.

https://www.youtube.com/user/thereallovecat - to save you some time. I don't have anything up there yet and I might just wait and add my new let's play so it seems a bit more professional and fancy.

Quote: Originally posted by Moogle Luv
That's an insult to murlocs, but I think you maybe onto something here... (I miss WoW )

I was trying to keep everything together, thereallovecat is my twitter handle, which is actually a reference to my wow character. I made a druid named Lovecat who was kind of a hippy, or I played her like she was a hippy then suddenly I kept seeing lovecats pop up on other servers. I used the name specifically cause it wasn't in use on my 3 servers.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60
I'm holding out too. I've had some practice at it, since I skipped the TS3 bandwagon. Though lately, I've been tempted to give TS3 (most likely with Ambitions) a whirl. The open world just looks so beautiful compared to TS4's, which at my seasoned age doesn't appeal to me at all. I still like the look of the TS4 Sims a lot though, especially all the variety I've seen and been able to make with the demo.

And Lovecat, I've really enjoyed your TS4 videos too!

If I've never played TS3 or TS4, I'd go with TS3.

1) It's complete.
2) Open world and CASt.
3) Everything else that's missing from TS4.
4) Lots of CC and mods out there, CC makes a huge difference with TS3's pudding sims.

Though be prepared for long load times and save times.

Edit: Also, the game can be found pretty cheaply, if you just want the base or the base and an expansion at the moment. Cheaper than TS4 right now. On CDkeys.com the base TS3 is just under $18 USD.

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:22 AM
I was trying to keep everything together, thereallovecat is my twitter handle, which is actually a reference to my wow character. I made a druid named Lovecat who was kind of a hippy, or I played her like she was a hippy then suddenly I kept seeing lovecats pop up on other servers. I used the name specifically cause it wasn't in use on my 3 servers.

Subscribed!

I played a resto druid named Arwyne. (small world :p)
Page 1 of 130