Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1101 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 2:21 PM
Wow, that is a lot of money for a doll. I wouldn't do it. My hobby is crocheting. I like making useful things like blankets, dishcloths, and the like. However I understand this would be very boring to other people, too.

I used to read this comic somewhere that was made with pictures of BJD... it was pretty amusing. Does anyone know what I MIGHT be talking about, or do you think that there are too many of them out there to tell?

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1102 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:24 AM
No, I'm not in love with my dolls. Being as they are dolls. As in, not alive. I have male and females because I'm learning to sew so I might as well learn to sew for both genders.

SuicidiaParasidia, I've got some pricey ones and some less expensive ones, and none of them are 'poorly made'. It's all about buyer beware. Know what you're buying.
Alchemist
#1103 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chasing_Sanity
SuicidiaParasidia, I've got some pricey ones and some less expensive ones, and none of them are 'poorly made'. It's all about buyer beware. Know what you're buying.

you get what you pay for--less expensive is still expensive.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#1104 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:43 AM
By your standards maybe. Not necessarily by everyone's. I'd much rather spend $200 on a doll that makes me happy and either keeps or gains value than spend that $200 on booze, cigarettes or clothes.
Test Subject
#1105 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 12:53 PM
I don't think it's right to be condescending to other peoples' life choices when they are not hurting anyone else. If someone is drinking and driving, sure, but it's not fair to categorize all drinkers with DUI offenders. Besides, people that like buying clothes might think it's just as silly as you buying a doll as you think it's silly what they do.

Anyway, it's not that I'm against having one of these dolls, I just think I would lose interest very quickly. If you have the extra money to waste and you enjoy it, why not? Everybody needs a hobby.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan
Alchemist
#1106 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chasing_Sanity
By your standards maybe. Not necessarily by everyone's. I'd much rather spend $200 on a doll that makes me happy and either keeps or gains value than spend that $200 on booze, cigarettes or clothes.

ah, but there are major differences.
see, clothes will keep me warm when cold weather comes around.
a doll wont do that.
clothes will protect me from sunburns and mosquitos, come summer.
dolls dont do that.
clothes keep my decent parts decent and my indecent parts hidden from view.
dolls...well, you see where im going with this.

id much rather have clothes than a doll that just sits there looking pretty and doing nothing for me.

or rent. rent is a worthy investment, too. quite expensive, nowadays, as well. between rent, bills, food, clothing, and other such basic human needs, i find myself hesitant to seriously regard a piece of plastic and/or wood as something worth investing in.

Test Subject
#1107 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
ah, but there are major differences.
see, clothes will keep me warm when cold weather comes around.
a doll wont do that.
clothes will protect me from sunburns and mosquitos, come summer.
dolls dont do that.

id much rather have clothes than a doll that just sits there looking pretty and doing nothing for me.

or rent. rent is a worthy investment, too. quite expensive, nowadays, as well. between rent, bills, food, clothing, and other such basic human needs, i find myself hesitant to seriously regard a piece of plastic and/or wood as something worth investing in.

Don't think I could have said it better.

Alchemist
#1108 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sabetsu
Don't think I could have said it better.

a friend of mine once bought a $300 golden pen.

...i asked her, "does it do your laundry for you, or at least clean the house? rub your back, do a cute trick?"

she said no, and i ceased contact with her for fear of it spreading.

Test Subject
#1109 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:21 PM
LOL, for a pen? Was it owned by Benjamin Franklin or something?

I think the most I have ever spent on anything was $300- for a television set. It WAS the best small LCD television from WalMart. LOL.

Alchemist
#1110 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sabetsu
LOL, for a pen? Was it owned by Benjamin Franklin or something?

I think the most I have ever spent on anything was $300- for a television set. It WAS the best small LCD television from WalMart. LOL.

apparently she thought the shine was enough to woo her out of her money.

...if i had been there, i probably wouldve put the pen to good use by having her write her will, because imho, people who spend so much on such useless things end up dead in the street somewhere.

$300 for me is 2 months of food. $300 is the bills being secure and the roof remaining over my head. $300 is the fact that i still have electricity right now. i could list a million other ways for $300 to be put to good use, but im sure you already know them.

see, now, if i had billions of dollars to spare, and not a care about whether id have to ration my next meal, id probably go nuts and buy a bunch of stupid things, because i could.

but i cant. so its just out of the question for me to consider buying something that doesnt actually do anything for me. after all, the sims are my dollies. xD
and i dont have to buy clothes for them...
i dont have to make sure my cat doesnt chew on their hands....
theyre funnier than a doll, imho.

Test Subject
#1111 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:31 PM
Believe me, I understand about the money issue. I had a good job at the time and I could afford it, plus my mom and I had to move out of our house to my grandma's because my dad like, went crazy. So I got my own TV, because my grandma's sucked. I'm sad I couldn't take it to Europe with me, what a waste.

If I had billions of dollars, I would probably buy a house, have a kid, get plastic surgery on a couple of things and take care of my family. Lol.

Test Subject
#1112 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 6:58 PM
If you're not interested in dolls get off the thread.
What does bitching achieve really? Maybe because you never spend money on things you actually -want- and only purchase the essentials you're really bored? I don't know, just a guess.

Anyway, I'd like to attempt to revive this thread. I went to my first doll meet yesterday, so much fun! I'm actually now saving for a Resinsoul Long after seeing someone's amazing Dai. However I did fall in love with a Senior Delf Ethan, and I really thought I hated the delfs xD

Still in the saving up phase though :[
Test Subject
#1113 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 12:04 PM
Saving is the hardest part. Are you a member of Den of Angels? Totally recommend that! I'm waiting (forever!!) on a Domuya Flexi Perennial girl, and a Resinsoul girl. The Domuya girl is one of my (many) dream dolls. So that will make 5 full dolls and a floating head (he's in a small fish tank :D)
Test Subject
#1114 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 1:28 PM
wow :o you all have gorgeous dolls! For my 13th birthday I plan to get Leekeworld's Mabel :3. But I'm not sure what body I should get her.. there's not much difference is there ? And would MSD clothes or shoes fit her ? Also, she'll come naked with random eyes right ? I'm asking a lot, I know, but I wanted to be sure of everything xD..
Page 45 of 45