Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:21 AM
Default MTS Official Contest: Foundations!
Want to challenge your skills at building and decorating, and compete with other simmers for fun?

We have a new official contest, just posted and ready for entrants! Download a premade foundation, and build an interesting lot, using that foundation as a "footprint" - but from there, the only limit is your imagination!

MTS Official Contest: Foundations!

Get your entry in fast, if you want to join! Good luck, and happy simming, everyone!
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:26 AM
Oooh, can't wait, this'll be fun!

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Theorist
#3 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:57 AM
I did a challenge like this awhile ago, it was ran by a few friends on Livejournal - great to see some results here

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Alchemist
#4 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:06 AM
Oh well, I'll try... it's so long time I joined a contest or challenge and this one sounds interesting.
HP, just a question, there's only a pics submitting at this stage, no need to attach the lot pack, right? It could be eventually posted later following the usual process, if I understood well.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:08 AM
Yeah, it's just pictures right now - if you want to submit the lot, you can do that when the round/contest is over, as a normal lot, just uploading it as if it were, um, a regular lot. Yeah.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 2:11 PM
Oh wait, so we just post the pictures here, and you judge off of those? OK. I was going to upload the lot anyways. =)

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Scholar
#7 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 2:39 PM
I'm sad that this isn't for Sims 2. Should I have hope that maybe this means there's an official contest coming for the old-schoolers?

In the meantime, maybe this will encourage me to go reboot my Sims 3 to give this a try...
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:08 PM
This contest sounds so fun! I wish I could afford TS3 to be able to participate, but alas... Is there any chance that this contest might one day be made for TS2?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:20 PM
Regarding a TS2 version...

We do have plans to do a Sims 2 version as well - but as I don't have TS2 installed anymore, I can't make the foundations for it (and would prefer not to be running two large contests myself at the same time). If I can wrangle some other staff member into making the foundations and/or running the TS2 version (HINT HINT Y'ALL), then we'll start that contest, um, as soon as that happens. Otherwise, I'll try to do a TS2 version once the TS3 version ends, and I locate what the heck I did with my TS3 disk.

mr.moo7999 - Well, you post the pics in the contest thread. But yes - it's not about uploading the lot, just making something and showing it off in pics, with a bit of description.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 4:51 PM
This should be a fun contest to follow, and I'm looking forward to the TS2 version, it's a great idea and it will really be great when the olds-choolers will be able to participate :D

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Regarding a TS2 version...

We do have plans to do a Sims 2 version as well - but as I don't have TS2 installed anymore, I can't make the foundations for it (and would prefer not to be running two large contests myself at the same time). If I can wrangle some other staff member into making the foundations and/or running the TS2 version (HINT HINT Y'ALL), then we'll start that contest, um, as soon as that happens. Otherwise, I'll try to do a TS2 version once the TS3 version ends, and I locate what the heck I did with my TS3 disk.

HP, do you want me to do the foundation for TS2 for you? PM if you do and I guess I better install AGS finally

The search for true love goes on...

I'm back and working on some new clothes...check out my work at Creator Feedback
Zombie Socks
#12 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:00 PM
Sooooo doing this. Because, you know, I only have a million other projects to do. Yep. This is a good idea. Yessir. Last minute project panic here we come!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Site Helper
#13 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 7:48 PM
Thank you! Maybe this will get more people noticing that we have a contest area!

(Now I need to find my Sims 3 disc....)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 7:58 PM
Oh cool! This reminds me so much of my final project of this year at college xDD I'm so in! ^^

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Typical
#15 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:34 PM
I'm in. Infact, I'm so far in, I'm finding it dificult to get back out. (already started building)
Innuendo, not actually intended.
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:19 AM
Question... Can we have more than one submission?
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:32 AM
Yay i cant wait

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:36 AM
punk_rocker_5583 - One per person, please. You will eventually have four houses built though, since there's four rounds.

Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:44 AM
Default Modern House
Road View
[IMG][/IMG]
Living Room
[IMG][/IMG]
Bathroom
[IMG][/IMG]
Bedroom
[IMG][/IMG]

The Demon King
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:50 AM
mnbmnb23 - Entries should be posted in the actual contest thread (linked in the first post) rather than this thread. This thread is mainly just to point out that there is a contest, not for the contest itself.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:11 PM
Gosh, that clock over there makes me so anxious!
4 ROUNDS???And what if i participate in the first only?Later i wont be in my gaming pc...!
Site Helper
#22 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elizabella
HP, do you want me to do the foundation for TS2 for you? PM if you do and I guess I better install AGS finally
That would be wonderful, even if it can't be used for this round. I no longer have TS3 installed, but I'd enjoy playing with this for TS2.

By the way, how many clicks high is the foundation?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:25 AM
Oh that looks so fun! I can't wait till the sims 2 one comes out

"Negative thoughts never breed positive results"
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#24 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:53 AM
It's the default TS3 foundation height, which I believe is two clicks (though CFF seems to have got annoyingly more complicated in TS3).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#25 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
It's the default TS3 foundation height, which I believe is two clicks (though CFF seems to have got annoyingly more complicated in TS3).
After asking, I looked at all of the submissions and counted 4 stairs, which would be 4 clicks in TS2, or a standard foundation height.
Page 1 of 2