Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 7:38 AM
Default Remove/replace reward trait from pet
Okay, so I made a fox. After all was said and done, I went into my game and discovered it had a trait called "Morning Sickness". Perhaps a hidden trait, but I have a mod that shows hidden traits, as well as the playable pets mod.

It was at that point I realized I had accidentally made 'he' a 'she'. >.< I took her to CAS and changed her gender to be male. But the "Morning Sickness" trait remains! I assume, based on a puppy I have with the opposite trait, that pets should either have the morning sickness trait, or the NO morning sickness trait, so I'm nervous about how I should go about removing it if it has to be one or the other.

But I ALSO have the mod that lets you add/remove traits by clicking on your sim, and when I click "remove trait" it's not even listed. I don't know what to do. I imagine the silly thing won't get ill since it can't get pregnant, but this bothers me to no end. Its bad enough I can't remove vomiting -my biggest phobia- from my game at ALL, this is VERY irritating... :/
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 11:48 AM
I've never tried it myself (not with vomiting) but you could try removing vomiting using SCAM mod, or the auto-scan in MC tuner module, so it won't be autonomous action that sims do, but I'm not sure if this will work in this case..

about the actual question with the pet trait, I don't know really how you could change it.. maybe someone at MCCC discord would know.. not sure tho.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
I've never tried it myself (not with vomiting) but you could try removing vomiting using SCAM mod, or the auto-scan in MC tuner module, so it won't be autonomous action that sims do, but I'm not sure if this will work in this case..

about the actual question with the pet trait, I don't know really how you could change it.. maybe someone at MCCC discord would know.. not sure tho.
Interesting. I haven't heard of SCAM, I'll look into it, as I'm willing to try anything when it comes to phobia elimination, lol. For now I'm just REALLY careful, play on mute, and zoom way out if someone shows signs. Also, I do have MCCC, but the tuner module seems to only let me choose from a few autonomous actions to control, such as flirting. I'll see if I can look deeper into it.

Thank you for the reply!
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AyamePasse
Interesting. I haven't heard of SCAM, I'll look into it, as I'm willing to try anything when it comes to phobia elimination, lol. For now I'm just REALLY careful, play on mute, and zoom way out if someone shows signs. Also, I do have MCCC, but the tuner module seems to only let me choose from a few autonomous actions to control, such as flirting. I'll see if I can look deeper into it.

Thank you for the reply!

You need to turn on the AutoScan in the tuner for it to show you specific actions that you can disable from being autonomous, but I'm not sure if vomiting is a normal action to ban.. worth a try if you really suffer from it.
another tip I can give, if you have Seasons, make sure to only send sims to swing before they have eaten, and not immediately after the meal..
regards pets getting sick randomly, you can use LittleMsSam mod that allow you to buy vet treats online, then buy a bunch of Wellness treats and have them in your sim inventory for fast use whenever you need..
it's in here, called "buy treats via PC"
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You need to turn on the AutoScan in the tuner for it to show you specific actions that you can disable from being autonomous, but I'm not sure if vomiting is a normal action to ban.. worth a try if you really suffer from it.
another tip I can give, if you have Seasons, make sure to only send sims to swing before they have eaten, and not immediately after the meal..
regards pets getting sick randomly, you can use LittleMsSam mod that allow you to buy vet treats online, then buy a bunch of Wellness treats and have them in your sim inventory for fast use whenever you need..
it's in here, called "buy treats via PC"
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small
Ha, you are completely awesome! I was instead having my sim raise his veterinary skill to max before the pet even came into the household. LittleMsSam's mods are fantastic; the Vampire Powers mod has made the game worthwhile for me.