Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Zipped together some ScriptError_Desktop files, need interpreter please?
I made an account on NRAAS but for some reason I have no option to post anything so I came here... I recently installed Overwatch, Errortrap, and Master Controller, and also installed 8 new GB of RAM and upgraded my video card (went with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 video card), and cleaned my computer on the inside and deleted about 6 GB's of junk, and all that has done nothing to speed up the game. In fact, now it pauses for about a full minute every 10 minutes. I noticed I have been getting about 10 ScriptError_Desktop files every time I play. I did not get those before installing the mods.
The mods do seem to be working ok. I made sure when I installed the mods that I didn't see any build sparkles when building a wall and that the game skipped the intro, and now, before I have the option to choose which town I want to play, a box appears showing the 3 mods I have installed, and every once in a while a message shows saying one of the mods fixed an issue like a stuck sim or something.
So I have zipped the files together and I was wondering if someone could interpret them for me so I can get a better idea of what to do? I believe it has something to do with ErrorTrap because it mentions that mod more than my other 2. Thanks a bunch!!!!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ScriptError_DESKTOP-20DP1P2__05-21-2017__20-05-57__21F25D27.zip (12.4 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:57 PM
For future reference, posting a new thread at NRAAS after you are registered involves scrolling down to the "More Messages" at the bottom of the Chatterbox page, clicking that, and then finding the big blue "New Post" button at the top of the new page. (Although there are indications that most people just change their bookmark to http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox )

I tried looking at your script errors, but I don't see anything really unusual in them. I'm not an expert, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2017 at 4:31 AM
Hi there. We don't usually provide this level of support for the mods here, it's really better to upload and open a support thread at NRaas. It's currently a two-step process to gain access. After creating a Wikispaces account, you have to request membership in the NRaas wiki in particular to become a member.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/space/join

And, of course, once a member you have to be signed in.

But relax, those script errors aren't anything to worry about. Of course you do not get error reports from the mods if the mods aren't present to produce them. One of your inactive sims keeps getting routing failures on her way to group up with some other sims, but they appear to be happening a minute or two after the game session begins so it's probably routing leftover from the prior session each time. That's harmless and not really avoidable. The rest of them are the mods (mostly ErrorTrap) using the script log mechanism to communicate that they are working as they should, doing data cleanup type tasks on your game.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Reading+Logs
(notice the Not Really Errors section)

As for your game behaving poorly, I would suspect uncapped frame rates on that new Nvidia card more than anything else. That can be game ruining, as well as damaging to the card if the fps rates are not capped to at or below the refresh rate of your monitor. Usually that's 60 Hz, so 60 fps. Typical tools to accomplish this would be vsync using the Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector.