Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 11:07 AM
Default Can't fix fat morphs
Pain in the ass piece of ... ahem.

I'm trying to fix two broken meshes from here (the tieless suit).

https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289461

And here (the yukata mesh).

https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289678

Both have borked fat morphs. I can fix both of them just fine in Milkshape, then as soon as I save and reload in Milkshape the borkedness is back. Does anyone know why my changes aren't sticking?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 11:00 PM
Making sure comments are correct?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:16 AM
Yup, comments are fine and no error message gets thrown when I try to save.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:17 PM
What do you mean by "borked"? Exploding? I've had that happen if there's even just one wrong bone assignment on the fat morph (all assignments need to be the same). You won't get an error message in MilkShape... the mesh will just be messed up in Body Shop and CAS.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 7:01 PM
Yeah, thanks for asking, I was also wondering how borked it is?...As for the assignment, usually you'd have to intentionally change something. The morphs are easy to make by duplicating the body mesh. Once duplicated, they should have the very same assignment. Only moving vertices around is then required, to make it fat, or even pregnant...
And, once turned into morphs (by naming them properly and editing their comments, they aren't any joints anymore anyway)
The name you give the morphs are quite important, along with the comments. Charity said the comments were fine, are you sure they have the proper name as well?..Are they showing up in the proper order too in the group tab? body first, morph be underneath it etc..

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:39 AM
Yeah, I meant exploding. I didn't know that about bone assignments, but to fix the morphs all I'm doing is importing the original fat morph (Maxis made) and replacing the broken one with it. Maybe I need to import a new normal morph too and hope that doesn't bork the preg morph. I'll try that, thanks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:17 AM
It borked the preg morph. It looks like there was something wrong with the added preg morph for both those outfits. I can't make morphs, so I'll just have to do without preg morphs for those two outfits. Thanks for the help.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:47 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 10th Apr 2017 at 1:01 PM.
You can! oh yes..you can make morphs If you have your new normal body mesh..you can.
Simply duplicate the normal body mesh, when you are all done editing it to your liking's, then give it a morph name..
~00MORPHMOD.1 <-------this is its new name.
MorphNames: botmorphs fatbot <-------- this is its new comment.
It will be exactly the same as the body mesh, besides these name and comment changes.
So same number of vertices, same bone assignment, same everything.
Then you go ahead and..make it fatter.
You will also have to add a line in your body mesh<s comment, or check if it is already there. It should be, if this mesh had morphs.
ModelName: body
Opacity: -1
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 3
MorphRefNum: 0 <-------this line. See how the number 0 is used ?, this tells your body mesh to use the 0 numbered morphs. (~00)
And if you want to add another morph, say..a preg one.
Do the very same, by duplicating the normal body mesh again.
~00MORPHMOD.2 <---------this is its new name. It is also a ~00, so your body mesh already know to use it, too.
MorphNames: botmorphs pregbot <-------this is its new comment.
Go ahead and move belly vertices etc.
I think it is worth trying one more time.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:15 AM
I've tried making a fat morph before. It did not look good lol. But I suppose I could just duplicate the fat morph and use that as the preg morph; that'd do.