Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:28 AM
Default How do I mod an existing hair mod?
I really like this hair: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...air/id/1365197/.

But I don't like the two strands on the side, so I'd like to edit them out. How can I accomplish this?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:29 PM
It could be either done by changing the textures or deleting the part of the mesh. Not sure if you have any experience with texturing or meshing?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:07 PM
Quote:
It could be either done by changing the textures or deleting the part of the mesh. Not sure if you have any experience with texturing or meshing?

Unfortunately I have no experience with meshing, so I have no idea how I even start with deleting a part of the mesh.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 7:19 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 14th Feb 2017 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Typos, a person's worst enemy!
First, you'll want to find out if the creator's TOU tells you if it's okay to modify the mod (Though i guess you don't have to do that when you're doing a personal edit ) Anyways, I'd usually try to find out whether those bits are either a separated lock on your texture map so you can just erase some hair locks from the texture map, which... by looking at it's UV map... is not possible.

Soooo that would mean that you will need to edit your download. What I would suggest that you'd try is to convert the sims3pack to a package, then export the GEOM file, importing it (with a GEOM file plugin) In milkshape and eventually (if you want to do this step of course for the sake of using a much easier 3D modeling program) Export the mesh as a 'obj'file and reimport it into blender or another 3D modeling program.
I use Blender by the way. If you want to delete a lock of the hair you simply go into edit mode, hold the cursor on the lock that you want to delete and use the shortcut 'L' and either click X or delete to delete that part. I would however, try to look up for some basic Blender tutorials. It will make this progress much easier and much easier to follow
Then, you basically reimport your hair into milkshape and want to follow this tutorial : http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...s_3_Hair_Basics
Thing is... there used to be a much easier tutorial video to follow which... doesn't seem to be available. So if you come across something in the tutorial that needs explaining, do feel free to ask me