Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac Custom Content download, please help!
I know there are probably similar threads here but nothing I've found seems to help me and I could really use some help!

So I downloaded the Sims 2 Super Collection recently (late to the party), and I'm trying to figure out how to download custom content. I was fairly well versed in downloading custom content back in the day when I ran on Windows, but now I run on a Mac. Plus the whole dilemma of being downloaded through the App Store. I've read pretty much every discussion board on the internet regarding custom content for the Super Collection over the past two days (at least that's what it feels like) and I am totally at a loss as for what to do at this point, as nothing is showing up in the game.

Every once and awhile when I open the game, and starting creating a Sim, I can see a generic Sim and a custom content asterisk on where a hairstyle I downloaded should be, but that's it.

I've followed the ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ thing through Finder, created the Download folder, downloaded the Unarchiver to unzip files, placed them in the folder, and that didn't work. So I downloaded Stuffit, and that didn't work. The custom content option is enabled in the game.

I don't know if I'm forgetting something that is supposed to be intuitive while doing this? Or if it is just not working? Can someone give me a super in-depth step-by-step on how to do this? It seems that a lot of responses to similar questions in various parts of the internet seem to glaze over certain parts and I wonder if I'm missing something important.

I'm about ready to pull my hair out. I used to play the Sims 2 because of the custom content and I realllllly just want to play the game now, haha.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by macymckenna
I know there are probably similar threads here but nothing I've found seems to help me and I could really use some help!

So I downloaded the Sims 2 Super Collection recently (late to the party), and I'm trying to figure out how to download custom content. I was fairly well versed in downloading custom content back in the day when I ran on Windows, but now I run on a Mac. Plus the whole dilemma of being downloaded through the App Store. I've read pretty much every discussion board on the internet regarding custom content for the Super Collection over the past two days (at least that's what it feels like) and I am totally at a loss as for what to do at this point, as nothing is showing up in the game.

Every once and awhile when I open the game, and starting creating a Sim, I can see a generic Sim and a custom content asterisk on where a hairstyle I downloaded should be, but that's it.

I've followed the ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ thing through Finder, created the Download folder, downloaded the Unarchiver to unzip files, placed them in the folder, and that didn't work. So I downloaded Stuffit, and that didn't work. The custom content option is enabled in the game.

I don't know if I'm forgetting something that is supposed to be intuitive while doing this? Or if it is just not working? Can someone give me a super in-depth step-by-step on how to do this? It seems that a lot of responses to similar questions in various parts of the internet seem to glaze over certain parts and I wonder if I'm missing something important.

I'm about ready to pull my hair out. I used to play the Sims 2 because of the custom content and I realllllly just want to play the game now, haha.

Thanks!

I am not quite sure why you are having a problem, I do know that Custom Content appears in my game and I have The Sims 2 Super Collection on my Mac and it works fine for me.

You might not be finding certain things because sometimes certain custom content simply does not work on Macs, so check that the custom content you are trying to use works on Macs in general.

I never had any particular problem getting most CC to work on my Mac, in fact I had the problem of too many files installed on my iMac and I had to implement a fix.

Check to make sure that you have the setting for custom content set correctly. Set it and then restart the game and check it again.

When you load your game do you get the Screen where it says that the game has detected that there is custom content installed?

If you have anything that modifies the way the game does things they would be listed in a scrolling section of the window.

If you are not seeing anything then, check to make sure that you have the setting for custom content set correctly. Set it and then restart the game and check it again.

Does No Sim Loaded give you any messages? If you don't have BoilingOil's No Sim Loaded go and download it http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthre...=40914#pid40914 It is really one of the most needed mods.

There are several mods that are strongly recomended by most everyone. I can give you a list once we get your issue resolved.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.