Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 1:25 PM
How do you create a valid "play sound" event in a CLIP (Animation)?
I have been working on a custom Sim to Sim social interaction for some time now and just ran into a problem:
I fail to implement a way to play sounds/voices along with the animation.
I didn't even succeed in referencing a different sound in existing object or sim animations.

Because of what I've learned from the various forum posts and tutorials I'm presuming that the only reference needed to play a sound or voice is the one described in a CLIP's sound event.

Here's what I have tried so far:
1) Hex-editing a Anim Tool converted SMD file and packing it using S3PE
2) Hex-editing a S3PE exported animation file and repacking it
3) Adding a sound event to a basegame animation using TS3 Animator 4
4) Creating a object mod following RothN's animation tutorial to the letter but additionally adding a sound event
N.B. that TS3 Animator 4 does add a sound event but does not save the field value for the name of the sound to be played
5) Hex-editing the CLIP from 4)
6) All of the above with a Jazz-Script that includes all actors from the new sound's original context
I am not sure about what those ".ma" sourcefile references in the relevant files actually do.
7) All of the above with voice as well as sound tagged resources

The only method that worked so far is importing an animation with the wanted sound events to blender, changing the animation and packing the exported file with S3PE.
For various reasons I cannot do that for some animations I created or want to create.

My next step would be to try to add play-sound instructions to my Interaction class like shown in this tutorial by Flyby but I'd rather keep sound and animation synced by the state machine as the vanilla game does it.

Is there anyone who can think of something I am missing? - Maybe there is a very simple way to do this I haven't tried yet.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 1:32 PM
Did you try adding the sound event in S3PE Grid?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 4:15 PM
Thanks for answering!
I had read that somewhere already and wanted to try it but in my S3PE version and two older releases I tested (12-0317-0944, 11-1105-2159 and 1005-25-1942 respectively) I don't even have the option to edit the "grid" values for CLIP resources - the according button in the main window is greyed out.

Since you suggest to try that, am I correct in the assumption that you were successful in adding sound events this way?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 4:46 PM
Actually, it's the only way I've done it. I've never tried all the other ways you've stated. But yes, it works. I've added not only sound events, but effect events, script events, etc.

You're going to need to get the CLIP wrapper http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=859.0. This will allow you to edit the CLIP resource in Grid.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 5:39 PM
It works perfectly. Thank you very, very much for your help!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 2:01 AM
Thanks for this informations.

But I don't understand what is "Id" and "Int01" in EventSection->Events !

Someone can explain me ? or to put a link towards a tutorial ?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#7 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 2:50 AM
For "Id" you can just start with 1(0x00000001) and add 1 for each additional sound event. For "Int01" it is almost always 0x00000003.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 10:16 AM
The Int01 appears to be used for the type of event. Sound events and Effects events always have the 003 number, Script events always have the number 0x00000007 on EA's Clips. There are a few other numbers besides these two.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 11:44 AM
thank you for this invaluable information.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
For "Id" you can just start with 1(0x00000001) and add 1 for each additional sound event. For "Int01" it is almost always 0x00000003.

Is there a tutorial for this, if so please show me the way..
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:04 AM
I too would like a tutorial on this. Anyone?