Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Reyn, I'm confused. MTS2 has always been free to use and always will be.

If that goes to me: Wasn't it that you had to pay for the server? Isn't that the reason why people here can help with paypal donations?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#27 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 12:24 PM
Randir - The -hosting- for MTS2 isn't free and a site this big and complex, it never will be. That's why we have ads and donations, but the site itself is still completely free for the members to use - always has been, always will be. Donators can get some special perks, but you still have full access to all the site's major features, downloads, etc., no matter whether you donate or not. So your statement "a little step closer to a free server time," doesn't make any sense.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#28 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 3:11 PM
If there's no way that Delphy can run this site without any costs for him my statement makes really no sense. I hope no one had received this as a complaint. It was never thought as a complaint.
Test Subject
#29 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 4:25 PM
Awesome! Thank you for all your efforts. ^.^
Meet Me In My Next Life
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 2:50 AM Last edited by Simonut : 23rd Sep 2008 at 1:22 PM.
Just wanted to thank you "DELPHY" and the staff for all the work you all do to make the MTS2 the BEST. Thanks also for the purple creator icon I think it is so nice.
Inventor
#31 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 1:37 PM
Reyn, I'm confused. MTS2 has always been free to use and always will be.

Huh? I never said it wasn't - now I'm confused.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#32 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 2:37 PM
Sorry Reyn, I meant Randir.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:10 PM
Are all misunderstandings cleared now?
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 11:29 PM
thanks!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 12:36 AM
I think MasterofAllVideoGames has been charging people on the side again ( LOL
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 8:53 PM
Dang...Right as I reinstalled my Sims 2 Game. Oh well, I'll download what I need when I can, and try not to disturb the workers.

I'm just another one of those simulated Sims.
Inventor
#37 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 11:19 PM
Awesome, thanks Delphy! I hope my support is going through all right. If there's ever any problems, let me know

Glad to help! This be me fav-o-rite site! lol

But in all seriousness, I do thank you!

Xts*

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#38 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 5:52 PM
when all this happens will the Q instaler be back or is that gone for good?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 8:25 PM
No the whole site wont be down for 3 weeks. It will be down intermittently though as I migrate things across.

Mootilda: Freya will be merged with special and static but will otherwise still exist

Hi Delphy
Thi s has nothing to do with the message and everything to do with you (sorry long time comming ;-)

I just want to say thank you for this site and everything that you have done.
Without this site and the staff and everybody else I would still be screaming :-).

With all the problems that I was having with my sims. You and this site and all your staff have given me my sims back, and I know that if I have a problem u are just a click away. And for this I am truly greatful.

Thank you for not staying away and comming back. You are our savoir for the Sims. And I truly appreciate all that you have done and will do in the future.

You are the greatest

AND TO ALL OF THE CREATORS ON THIS SITE
I LOVE YOU ALL :lovestruc

Faith Is The Substance Of Things Hoped For
The Evidence Of Things Not yet the Seen
And the belief in The Lord Jesus Christ
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 9:34 PM
Aoshilady, Q-Express wont be coming back, no.

jaylin: Thanks for the kind words.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 2:12 AM
Thanks Delphy...appreciate all you do!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 4:26 AM
Default Fastness
I dont know if its just me, but the site is running really FAST! Im assuming because of the stuff that your doing delphy? (whatever it is)

Thank god your doing what ever your doing because it worked! THANKS!

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#43 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 12:41 PM
I've optimised the code, and added memcached - and I've only just begun to implement that, so those combined with the new server mean that it's running very very. Now we can have one single quad core box running www instead of 2 dual opteron machines.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#44 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 1:21 PM
I am getting a '1' at the top left of my screen. Is that expected, or something I should be reporting?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#45 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 1:06 AM
Quoted by Delphy:I've optimised the code, and added memcached - and I've only just begun to implement that, so those combined with the new server mean that it's running very very.

XTS: "very very"? lol well? fast? slow? special? high? low? frantic?
Or is "very very" a new term I've not learned of? Trying to figure out if this is one of those circumstances I should have an open mind or not. lol

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 2:06 AM
Will the new site be shiny?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#47 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 2:11 AM
very very fast.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#48 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I am getting a '1' at the top left of my screen. Is that expected, or something I should be reporting?

This just means you are special, Nbr.1

Pure awesome despite your typos Delphy.
Inventor
#49 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 1:37 AM
very very fast.

Gotcha, thanks...

BTW. McAfee SiteAdvisor is alerting me (repeatedly) that they tested this site and found what some people consider to be adware, spyware or ?? (I forgot the other one). It popped up like 10 alerts but has since stopped. It only did that when I first arrived today. I've never seen it here before. I added the site to my safe list. It is safe, right? lol

Xts

PPSS. Smilies missing. all I see is the exclaimation triangle in the post icons and a llama in the smilies. Some of editting options above are missing. the first 5 on left are there (bold, italics, etc) Maybe to do with transition? Or my java? Or do you use java here? This is Monday so I expected things to be strange. lol

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#50 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 2:08 AM
I had that happen a few days ago, XTS. I disabled it. I've been surfing like made here, as usual, and have done a full spybot and adaware scan with no problems surfacing. I think McAfee is being a bit ambitious.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 4