Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 1:11 PM
Looks like I've put off attempting to tamper with the game myself long enough, but first I need to hone a few skills, like patience. Good luck to all joining the first Challenge!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 2:33 PM
Can I enter as many times as I want or is limited to one upload?
also when you said the ancients , it means also from another countries like not greece?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#78 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 2:56 PM
Soloyo, while discussing the creation of this Challenge, Whiterider stated:
Quote: Originally posted by Whiterider
The rule is one upload/small set per member for the contest part, and only competitive entries can be entered during the first month. When it gets opened up after that, it'll just be a normal Download area.

As for the Ancient Times, any country is fine, including Romans, Maya, Aztech, Egypts etc. (these are only examples: any people living in the Ancient Times is fine).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 4:38 PM
Does it have to be something which is directly from the Ancient Times, or can it also be something modern which has something to do with the Ancient Times, for example something for a museum?
If so I might participate.

And are all of the challenges always starting and ending in the middle of a month?
I think it would be better if it would be an actual month, then it is easier to see how much time you still got.
Test Subject
#80 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:34 PM
definitely can't wait to see the end results. wonder if some of my favorites will be entering? Hope they will!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by corvidophile2
Unless my memory fails maxis had viking helmets meshes in base game? Or was it OFB? Sorry for not remembering exactly but take a look in your game lol

Wow. That's a new level of stupidity for me. I can't believe I didn't remember that maxis already made viking helmets. And lucky for me they were from the base game. (I don't have OFB.) They're only for males though. So I can't make a Valkyrie...

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
Test Subject
#82 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 3:31 AM
this is gonna so totally rock!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluemoon11
Wow. That's a new level of stupidity for me. I can't believe I didn't remember that maxis already made viking helmets. And lucky for me they were from the base game. (I don't have OFB.) They're only for males though. So I can't make a Valkyrie...

Lol I vaguely remembered also since i have a mod that hides those stupid helmets from CAS and various other hides.

They are by creator jordi so if you are interested for these hides use member search to get them also!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Forum Resident
#84 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 8:55 AM
so cool!can't wait 2 c more goodies!great idea!regards
Test Subject
#85 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 6:10 PM
How Long Will This Be Going On !???!!?
Why Is There No Q-xpress Anymore? It Takes Forever To Download Anything With Out It. If There Is No Easier Way To Dl , Then Why Don't You Inform Us Of This Problem. I Am So Disappointed Because I Just Started My Game Over And Installed The Seasons And Now I Can't Get Any Extras. Please Help!!!!!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#86 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 10:08 PM
First off..this thread is for the MTS2 Challenge. Secondly, if you had read the stickies, you would know what's going on with Q-Xpress....

Read the stickies at the top of the forum and all will become clear.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 9:48 AM
"The Ancients" should not just be specified to Europe or Egypt lest it says so. Ever thought of ancient China? Or Arabia? All these ancient civilizations were able to acomplish things that Europe and Egypt never could. The Chinese had oil drills around 200 ad that functioned much like the modern ones that we have reinvented. Around this same time, they also had functioning seismographs and astrolabes. The Arabs were the first to create a lethal form of gunpowder. Chinese were also the creators of silk, for those of you who create clothes. Why would someone just talk about one continent when the competition refers to "The Ancients?" (this was NOT meant as a rude message, just to show you a small error you made in your sticking only to Greece, Rome and Egypt)
Forum Resident
#88 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 11:41 AM
cjh3787, They said (many times), any ancient civilization can be the theme for this months challenge. When them named the European civilizations, they were only examples, they weren't saying you can only do them.

Please dont request anything to be made, but I dont mind suggestions/ideas. :)
Field Researcher
#89 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RealGanacampo
Does it have to be something which is directly from the Ancient Times, or can it also be something modern which has something to do with the Ancient Times, for example something for a museum?
If so I might participate.

And are all of the challenges always starting and ending in the middle of a month?
I think it would be better if it would be an actual month, then it is easier to see how much time you still got.

I'm sorry, but could somebody please answer this?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#90 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 5:02 PM
As for the first question, I guess that in museums you can find things that were actually built or created in the Ancient times; I'm thinking, for example, to an ancient Mummy or sarcophagus: in a modern museum, they would look basically the same as they looked when originally created; but if you create an object that obviously looks ruined and deprecated (because many centuries passed since their creation, such as a rugged papyrus), then I think it would not meet the requirements.
If you want to create a "museum object", think to something that doesn't show very much the traces of the passing centuries.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 5:22 PM
Ok, then I think my idea wouldn't meet the requirements, but I could still make it a normal upload, thanks for the answer.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 6:57 PM
I only hope that each challenge will have lot-builders in mind for I have no other skills.

"Buy this car to drive to work. Drive to work to pay for this car" -Metric
Test Subject
#93 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 8:17 PM
this is gonna be so much fun! I've never uploaded before...

Yah... I'd smurf that
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#94 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:20 AM
The requirements are, I think, not as strict as you would imagine. You're not limited to any particular civilization or setting, just so long as you can comfortably relate your entry to the theme. The theme phrase is a starting point, an inspiration, not the be-all and end-all. Your entry has to be clearly related (so no space suits guys!) but you're still welcome to be creative with it.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:39 PM
i sposes it is a good time for me to trie to learn to make objects so i will see what i can do no proases probal wont know by the end of the moth but i will try

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 4:50 AM Last edited by captainheroe : 23rd Jul 2007 at 4:55 AM.
Do you have to have any custom content or can it be a lot or something? I doubt I'm going to win anyway, but I would like to enter something. The problem is I can't even recolor anything, haha. Also, if we get turned down the first time we try to enter, can we attempt again? I know it says only one upload per person, but does that mean "accepted" upload, or attempts?I don't know if that made any sense...Anyway, please answer.

-Captainheroe
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#97 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 8:08 AM
One accepted entry, captainheroe - so you can try again if it gets rejected (or fix up the entry you made)
Lots, basic recolors, walls, floors - all are welcome. Anything that would appear in the download area.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#98 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 11:35 PM
K, thanks. I'll start on a back-up , lol.

-Captainheroe
Field Researcher
#99 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 11:37 PM
Will we know in the usual amount of time whether the upload has been accepted or rejected, or do we have to wait until the end of the contest month? I submitted a career four days ago and it's taking longer than usual to get any word on it. I'm probably just being impatient.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#100 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 2:39 PM
If you made a lot with recolored walls and floors, but you're not capable (yet!) of recoloring objects, is it better to submit the lot as is, or to furnish it with other people's stuff, giving them credit?
Page 4 of 8