Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 2:05 AM Last edited by Echo : 10th Sep 2008 at 1:31 PM. Reason: Added wiki link
Default Creating custom paintings with Photo Studio
Required:

* A paint program such as Photoshop or PaintShop
* SimPE (version .48 or higher for Nightlife)

1. Select an image for your painting. The higher the quality, the better your painting will look. In this example I'll be using this water lily.

2. Once you have selected your image, run SimPE and open Photo Studio.

3. Which template you use is a matter of personal choice. You'll notice that each one has an image size listed. For best results, try to crop or resize your image to as close to that size as possible - otherwise the finished painting may look stretched or squashed. In this example, I'm using Bella Squared. You can search the site for additional templates if you don't see what you want.

Since there are so many different paint programs available, I won't go into the details of photo editing. Check the help files or seach the web for a tutorial if you need assistance with this part.

4. In Photo Studio, check Preview and uncheck Flip Image. Click Open and select your image from it's stored location.

5. You should now see something similar to this. If you are satisfied with the results, click Create.

6. You can save this package directly to Downloads or the folder of your choice. Give it a unique name. Click Save. Photo Studio will now work for a moment or two.

7. When you see this screen, you're finished. You can now repeat this process to make more paintings or simply close the program if you are done creating.

8. Load up your game and your new painting should be available for you to enjoy.

----------
Tutorials:Creating_custom_paintings_with_Photo_Studiowiki
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 3:34 AM
My photo studio is greyed out..I can't choose it Please help, I really want to create different paintings...And do I need CEP files with re colours of paintings? Thanks, izazu
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 5:32 AM
CynicalChick I love you! Not really but you wouldn't beleive how long i was waitng for this! YOu rock big time! I don't know what i could have done without this. Keep up all the good work! :thumb:

"...one person's cult is another's religion; all religions begin life as cults. An alternative definition is that a cult is a religion which you happen to dislike." Anthony Campbell
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 6:40 AM
izazu.. make sure you have CEP installed. It should appear in the Downloads folder.

hazard04.. Glad to be of help
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 6:56 PM
Yes this helped greatly. I uploaded what i have been wanting to for a very long time. It wouldn't have been possible if you didnt make this fantastic tutorial.

"...one person's cult is another's religion; all religions begin life as cults. An alternative definition is that a cult is a religion which you happen to dislike." Anthony Campbell
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 10:36 PM
I was so glad to see this come up because I've just started playing around with customizing objects. I followed the instructions and created the package files, but they don't show up in my game (they are in the downloads folder). Earlier today I created new bedding - that worked... but the paintings aren't working. Any suggestions?
thanks
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 11:47 PM
Did you recolor any? Old paintings i mean. Because if you did than it will be in that picture if you recolored it.

Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 2:42 PM
Aha! I finally realized that the thumbnail of the paintings that shows up in the game in Buy mode doesn't change, you have to select the original base painting in order to see your own versions. So I did eventually figure it out! Thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 3:35 AM
Well my photoshop is still greyed out... I have no clue as to what is wrong.. thanks for trying to help...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 8:55 AM
izazu, -do you have the latest CEP installed? CEP3 that is. My photo studio was greyed out too and I had CEP2. After downloading CEP3 this was fixed
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 4:44 AM
Hey hey..is photoshop specifically needed for this to work?..my modding discs have vanished somehow and all I have is MS picture it 10 premium
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 2:10 PM
you shouldn't need photoshop to create them just photostudio in the SimPE, any paint program would work so long as you can resize the photos in it to make them the correct size for the template, which I think you can do even in MSpaint.
#13 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 8:04 AM
Where can I find photo studio ?
#14 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 5:49 AM
Default Making paintings that show as thumbnails
I love this tutorial but have a question?
Is there anyway to make an orignal painting that will show up under the buy mode instead of finding the original painting thumbnail and then clicling on it to find the picture you made?

I find it so hard to remember what picture I have to pick to find the painting I made.

Hope this makes some kind of sense :2cents:

Thanks
Jim
Scholar
#15 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Jonesi : 15th Nov 2005 at 10:02 AM.
Am bumping this because I also want to know how to make an original painting - not a recolour...I've used the search option and cannot find anything relating to it...

Any ideas??

EDIT: I'm having problems with this....I downloaded more picture templates
from here and using the Pineapple Nightlife picture, followed the tutorial to a T, but my recolours won't show up at all....
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 5:59 AM
Thank you, I was wondering how to do this. I also remember the Art Studio from the Sims1. I could not get it to work though. It kept crashing! Now my Sims can enjoy my art.

There are only two people who can tell you the truth about yourself --- an enemy who has lost his temper and a friend who loves you dearly.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 8:53 PM
Thank you so much for this tutorial. I didn't realise how easy making wall hangings were. Now I can finish up my Orwellian neighborhood with some Big Brother posters!
#18 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 3:33 PM
thankyou so much
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 2:14 AM Last edited by ripple : 25th Nov 2005 at 2:50 AM.
Jonesi: there is a tutorial on how to use photo studio to create your own painting templates, which you can find at http://sims.ambertation.de/tut_ps.shtml

Now, I do have a question about this tutorial. How do I edit the value of the painting I made (cost, room value, etc.)?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 2:30 AM
Where can I download Photo Studio?

Visit my sims 2 movies site and watch my award winning, 5 star series, The School Marm Vampire!

http://misty-bog.org/sims2movies
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 3:05 AM
Is there any other way to create custom paintings in SimPE without the use of Photo Studio?

Visit my sims 2 movies site and watch my award winning, 5 star series, The School Marm Vampire!

http://misty-bog.org/sims2movies
#22 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 5:47 AM
All I can say is WOW. This is far too easy. Thanks so much for this tutorial. I had no idea I could do this. I love you!
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 3:30 PM
Great tutorial! This is so much easier than the way I was doing it before.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 12:56 AM
Thank you so much for this!!!
How about i want other base? like the base of idontknowwhoiam? how can i get that base?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 7:46 PM
First thank you SO much for the tutorial! I had figured out how to make them in Sim PE by fidgeting with it and I wish I saw this sooner!

Wanted to ask, if all of the pics are showing up in my game beautifully, but someone else is having a problem with them showing up in their game, what is usually the problem if they have all of the EPs and the Color Enabler?

Any help is appreciated!!!
Page 1 of 13