Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 3:35 AM
.obj import to Blender Problem
I created my first mesh and followed the tutorials in these forums regarding new creations. My problem is, when I go to import the original .obj which I cloned from SimPE into Blender, I get a failed message. Anyone else gotten this?
Advertisement
Fluffy
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 8:46 AM
hmmm,
sartake, what does it say, exactly?
and which version of Blender do you have? the newer ones come with an object importing plugin, but the older ones may not
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 4:16 AM
error message & version
I am using Version 2.37a of Blender and the message I get says: Failed Reading Obj.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Lethe_s : 11th Dec 2005 at 5:00 PM. Reason: removed attachment
ok,
that's a toughie, since I've never had that message,
if your menu says import/wavefront (obj) then you should have the plugin installed and everything
so let's try something else
can you import the object in the package?
if you can, the file you took out of SimPE was either exported wrongly, or got corrupted
let me know when you download it, and I'll take it back down
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 3:17 PM
I downloaded the file you added to the thread and will try it out tomorrow as it's 11.20pm. Getting tired. :snore: Will let you know. :Phone: