Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 6:48 AM
Default A fix for can't go to work due to 'little ones'
So I haven't had this glitch for a while, but when I try and get my sim to walk to work she gets this pop-up. Dad is right there and so is Grandad, so the toddler is not alone! When they went to his owned business the game asked if I wanted a sitter as well and I said no and it let them leave. Again Granddad was home. Is there a fix for this someplace?
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 11:43 AM
It doesn't solve the glitch, but it can help as a workaround: https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...d-pets.html?m=1

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:26 PM
I bet that will clash with the Social Worker mod that I already have, but might be worth it to switch. Thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I bet that will clash with the Social Worker mod that I already have, but might be worth it to switch. Thanks.

You can use the Hack Conflict Detection Utility to make sure they clash or not.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 3:16 PM
I would, but it never wants to run. I think it takes one look at my mod folder and chokes...
If Bo's stops the SW then it will clash. I am using realistic social worker by Pescado. But that's fine, it's not like I have seen her for years anyway. I use that one because she shows up for abandonment if there are no adults on the lot at all. This not going to work is more annoying.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:58 PM
I would, but it never wants to run. I think it takes one look at my mod folder and chokes...
If Bo's stops the SW then it will clash. I am using realistic social worker by Pescado. But that's fine, it's not like I have seen her for years anyway. I use that one because she shows up for abandonment if there are no adults on the lot at all. This not going to work is more annoying.

Did you ever just try out BO's Kids and Pets Unattended mod out yet. I'm sure that you did because I seem to recall you linking me to that mod last year or at the start of this year, I can't remember when. I put that mod into my download folder and the social worker didn't show up to take away my kids yet while they're at the house by themselves ever since and I don't think my adult complained about leaving the little one alone too but I haven't played Sims 2 in a while so I can't be be so sure.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 11:23 PM
No, I went and downloaded it yesterday after lientebollemeis linked me to it. I frequently find things for people that I don't use myself. I knew of the mod but didn't know it stopped that particular glitch. The SW mod that I currently use obviously doesn't.

I'll be trying it out today later.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 11:54 PM

If you temporarily remove all the non-hacks, it won't choke up so badly. Just remember to put them back after!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives