Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:03 PM Last edited by Delphy : 2nd May 2008 at 11:10 PM.
Default Four years later...
Hi All,

Back on the 2nd May 2004, when I first set up the CMS system that would become MTS2, little did I know that, 4 years later, the site would still be going strong, with millions of members joined, tens of thousands of people on per day, hundreds of thousands of items downloaded a month.

During the last 4 years we've seen a lot of changes around here. Many people have left, lots of new ones have joined, and stars have risen and fallen again.

We've had 1,941,679 members registered. And almost 1.3 million pruned for inactivity. We've had at least 59,413 downloads posted on the site, including the very first one (which doesn't work anymore...), this one: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=30401. (If you are wondering the reason it starts at 30,401 is becuase I had to write a custom script to import e107 threads to vBulletin in Sept/Oct 2004, and didn't reset the auto_increment values).

We've been through at least 3 major download overhauls, one complete software change (e107 -> vBulletin), a heck of a lot of tweaks, improvements and modifications, and seen people leave to setup thier own sites. Of course, it's not been without the drama too, but I feel that at this point in it's history, what the site stands for and has become is far more important that all of that.

So, I would like to thank all of the staff - current and past - all of the creators - featured, picked or just people who want to share things, all of the people who say thanks, or even just click the thanks button and above all, you for visiting and reading this.

With the Sims 3 only a year or so away, this site is still going strong - over 40 million pageviews a month still, and some 16 million downloads. There is still a lot of life left here, and I wish you all the best of luck for another year.

Happy Birthday, MTS2! You've earned it...

Regards
Delphy and the MTS2 Staff

PS: Some interesting statistics:

Current member count: 646,470
Total members over time: 1,941,679

Total attachments: 373,629 taking up 113.5gb
Total downloads, all time: 284,239,950
Item with the most downloads: 155,982, here
Average users joining per day (2007-2008): 2,263
Average posts per day (2007-2008): 780
Average member visits per day (2007-2008): 27,856

(I'll add more here as I look them up

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
51 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:23 PM
Woo Happy Birthday MTS2. =]
The One and Only
#3 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:33 PM
*cheers* Woo!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:43 PM
Yay!!! Happy Birthday, MTS2!!!!

*tosses confetti all over everyone*

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:53 PM
Woot! Happy Birthday MTS2 ^^
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:03 AM
Well done. This is still the best source for Sims 2 downloads on the web, even at the ripe old age of 4. How old is that in interweb years, I wonder?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:13 AM
Wahay! Happy birthday MTS2 :D

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
#8 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:23 AM
Happy Birthday, MTS2. Thank You to all the people who keep this site up and running. *Adds more confetti to fanseelamb's*

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:33 AM
Happy Birthday! Thanks to all staff and members for keeping this site alive.

*Newness coming.....*
Forum Resident
#10 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:43 AM
four years... MTS2 must have 'seen things that we humans cannot imagine...' etc etc
thank you Delphy for informing us and thank you for still being around here even if I think you are mts2 father so how can you ignore it!
happy birthday to MTS2 and best compliments to you for your cute idea
many thanks to all the staff and all the people who helped and help you growing it up to the 'big thing' it has become :lovestruc

Alisar
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:53 AM
Birthday Greets

* I am not a smurf*
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#12 Old 3rd May 2008 at 1:03 AM
Happy birthday, MTS2!!

There's always money in the banana stand.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd May 2008 at 1:13 AM

And a big thanks to Delphy and the rest of the staff, for creating and running such an awesome site!

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#15 Old 3rd May 2008 at 1:33 AM
Happy Birthday MTS2! I'll probally upload a pic of celebration later

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd May 2008 at 1:43 AM
Default Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday MTS2.

Thanks to all that keeps this site open and going. This site has made my game play more enjoyable and I can customize all my home because of all the things each of you does.

Chriso1972
Instructor
#17 Old 3rd May 2008 at 1:53 AM
Happy Birthday MTS2! And a Big thumbs-up to all the staff!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:03 AM
Happy Birthday MTS2!! Thank you Delphy,and all of the staff for keeping this awesome place running smoothly :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:13 AM
Happy birthday, MTS2! Congrats to Delphy and the whole crew! I have been here since last summer and I love downloading things here!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:23 AM
Happy Birthday MTS2!!!!!!!!

Resistance is Futile
What just happend?
retired moderator
#21 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:33 AM
Happy Birthday, MTS2! Do we get to eat sausages now??

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#22 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:43 AM
Hoppy Bathday 2 u, Hoppy bathday 2 u! The MON-KEES of DOoooooOOOmmm .. Are looking at U

:D
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:53 AM
Happy Birthday MTS2!

One day you're gonna wake up and realize how much you care for her--
And when that day comes she'll be waking up next to the boy who already knew.
--Anonymous
Alchemist
#24 Old 3rd May 2008 at 3:03 AM
Thank you Delphy! and thanks to everybody here, staff members and not, the sims game is not the same anymore since I joined this site. I learned so much in these years and still am learning every day... through mts2 I've got in touch with wonderful people, I've been inspired to learn more also about other graphic programs I did not have idea of being out there... well, you all are doing a great job for the community despite of the RL! Thank you and happy birthday to this virtual community we all love and will love forever .... KISS
Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd May 2008 at 3:13 AM
Almost brings a tear to my eye. I remember back when I joined in November 2004, the site was practically just a forum back then. And I remember this one member... He had a duck as his DP... Ah, the things I remember =P

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 7