Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 12:57 AM
Default Creating a completely new overlay for an object that doesn't have one:
THIS is what I am trying to create. (Would this also fall under Texturing/Tiling)?

I think I just gave myself more headaches I'm trying to do the "scrambled eggs" gold braid on the brim. of the hats as well as the gold braid on the cap

In this image Harm and Animal are wearing black brimmed officer's caps when they're both admirals and should be wearing an admiral's officer's cap. such as the one below.

In the real USN:

All admiral ranks wear this:

All Commander/Captains wear this:

And all officer ranks from Ensign to Lieutenant Commander wear this;

And all officers wear a gold braid chin-strap.

Right now the cap looks like this...

I'm looking in TSRW and staring at this mess of .dds files trying to figure out how I'm going to put the above stuff on there.

This is the Multiplier layer...

This is the Clothing Specular Layer

And...what I can make out of this is that it's supposed to be the mask?

Also, the "scrambled eggs" are ornate... so any half-done job is going to look awful.

If I figure this out, manage to make an overlay for this...and right now the chances of success in creating this doesn't look good, I'm going to pour myself a good shot of rum.

One word: HELP!!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 5:16 AM Last edited by NikkeiSimmer : 24th Dec 2017 at 5:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by NikkeiSimmer
One word: HELP!!!!

Managed to figure this out myself. It turns out that the OVERLAY was in Hair Textures.

As it turns out, That particular overlay was the only thing that I needed to make that thing work. I didn't have to mess with masks and creating an overlay from scratch.

And as it turns out... SUCCESS.

Showing off the Commander/Captain's Officer's Cap (for the Sims Navy).

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Mac also has shoulder insignia on her Marine Class B's now.

I now have to make the buttons on her Class B's black and the ones on the Navy uniforms gold. Yes, I know. I'm obsessive. My wife has threatened to bean me over the head with a rolling pin to put me out of her misery.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 6:16 AM
Managed to wrestle these Officer's uniforms into some sort of compliance. However they're a long way from being done yet.

I realized afterwards that I forgot to take off the background to the ribbon bars that were there before, so I'm going to have to do that before I really utilize them.

I think I need a shot of rum after this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 1:23 AM
OK folks. THIS is what 5 days of head-smashing against the wall, and screaming at the ceiling all while trying to make CC amounted to... A Video.

Kudos go to Audrey for creating that Catherine Bell Sim that I used for Mac...in this video.

https://youtu.be/Wpf2zNkeMAg - JAG: Lies and Glory (from the courtroom scene to the finale)