Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#18401 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 9:39 PM
This is an old mod by @Alexx58 that I saw recommended by meetmetotheriver for her stealth as subhoods. Would be awesome in my game if it works well. Question for anyone using it, is it safe and reliable, but, more to the point... since it prevents all memories from being deleted (I guess that's what it says), would it also prevent us from cleaning out any memories that should be deleted by Hood Checker?
http://modthesims.info/d/245542/no-...ries-clear.html
Advertisement
Inventor
#18402 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 9:45 PM
I also had a child hit by a satellite, though mine happened during the day while she was cloud-gazing. One of the parents ended up pleading for her and winning, so I never had a chance to see the ghost animation or if someone would try to "collect" her after curfew. The animation looked fine to me.
Field Researcher
#18403 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:12 AM
This is a really stupid question. I installed ACR years ago and undoubtedly set all the options then like jealousy and pregnancy odds etc. I want to change them. How do I do that? When I spawn the object in a lot, I see just the pie menu for various options like visitors and aspirations. I have the readme files that talk about using the tokens to make those changes but the tokens are not available after the first time you set them. Is that right? Is there no way to change the jealousy and pregnancy settings, the teen woohoo settings, the dress settings without uninstalling and reinstalling the program? How do I reset the 'global overrides'? I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this. I saw a thread about using ACR but it was about how users prefer to use it, not how to change the settings for these options.
Mad Poster
#18404 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It might not be much, but if it is a default replacement that creates this annoyance, you could at least narrow your search down with Delphy Downloads Organizer. Since it puts DR in Orphans, searching for Orphans would highlight them all? The more DR you have, the more results..but at least, you know what bunch to check.

The problem becomes more obscure: loaded my 'building' AGS that has nothing but the bare necessities of anti-corruption mods. The first dress isn't there, because the add-ons aren't there, but the exercise outfit, the purple recolor is. And guess what? Holes in the bust!

So it's something that is in game files, as far as I can tell, and other than lighting mods and scriptorium using stuff, that one Inteen file for the TSS bed, and HughLunatic's rugs, I haven't done stuff to game files except to lock them to read only.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#18405 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:12 AM
This is so very weird Do you have UC? I think I can hear people whispering..*repair your gaaaaaaaame...* or maybe not if you can use AGS...
I am on discs..and I would be stumped!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#18406 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:18 AM
Is there a way to combine package files like you can with Sims 3 S3PE? I'm looking to improve TS2 load time and keep things functioning. Renaming files to remove invalid characters doesn't do much nor does reorganizing my downloads folder.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#18407 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Is there a way to combine package files like you can with Sims 3 S3PE? I'm looking to improve TS2 load time and keep things functioning. Renaming files to remove invalid characters doesn't do much nor does reorganizing my downloads folder.

Scroll down to Bundling Package Files
https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#18408 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:44 AM
Scroll down to Bundling Package Files
https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html

Thanks! It seems quite easy to do. Being familiar with SimPE makes the process easier too.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#18409 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Is that Maxis or a recolour? The game can't find the texture.

It's a recolor. And thanks
Mad Poster
#18410 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Symphony of Destruction
It's a recolor. And thanks

I have a restroom door recolor that looks like that. I would remove it, but I'm not sure which one it is? Do you know which one of your recolors is doing that?
Theorist
#18411 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 1:00 PM
My sim shrugs his shoulders at everyone when doing a scope room interaction or check sim out flirt. Even sims he has attraction bolts with, the sim he's engaged to (who'll he'll perform autonomous romantic interactions with) and new sims who he has chemistry with all get the same shoulder shrug.

Does anyone know what happened to him and if there's a way to fix it? In SimPE perhaps?
Test Subject
#18412 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:14 PM
HELP PLEASE?? - I hope I can ask this here?

So for awhile, I've been wanting to update my game resolution... It's stuck at the lowest game settings.

I have windows 10 and ALL OF the DISCS/DVD/CD. (Double Deluxe through - Mansions & Gardens - All EP's and all SP's)
I guess I'm just confused on which graphics rules maker or what not to install? I had some other simmers tell me they just downloaded one and went into their game and it worked just like that. I was searching Leefiish's threads, and I'm still confused.

I have INTEL graphics card, if that helps. I also have 1TB of memory.

My game runs fine, it's just that it's stuck in the lowest resolution so the graphics look kind of choppy. ( I also can't see the wants and the needs of the sims at the same time. I have to switch back and forth - which means I need to update the resolution.)

For changing the sgr files - I had some fellow simmers say that they just updated that texture memory and the resolutions.
I haven't changed all of them in the expansions - do I need to do so? Or just for the first and last expansions?
Any help would be appreciated. I really enjoy playing on my laptop, but I'm not trying to get to used to the current settings of the game because I want to play in the highest resolution.

Thanks in advance
Alchemist
#18413 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lionqueen129

For changing the sgr files - I had some fellow simmers say that they just updated that texture memory and the resolutions.
I haven't changed all of them in the expansions - do I need to do so? Or just for the first and last expansions?
Any help would be appreciated. I really enjoy playing on my laptop, but I'm not trying to get to used to the current settings of the game because I want to play in the highest resolution.

Thanks in advance

I changed resolution and texture only in my latest EP. I have UC and Windows 7.

My Question:

I just followed this tip and deleted all the buggy Maxis apartments templates that I have never used anyway from my bin. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...049#post4188049
But I'm wondering does anyone know if they were actually loading (possibly slowing things down a bit) sitting there unused?
Field Researcher
#18414 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jain
This is a really stupid question. I installed ACR years ago and undoubtedly set all the options then like jealousy and pregnancy odds etc. I want to change them. How do I do that? When I spawn the object in a lot, I see just the pie menu for various options like visitors and aspirations. I have the readme files that talk about using the tokens to make those changes but the tokens are not available after the first time you set them. Is that right? Is there no way to change the jealousy and pregnancy settings, the teen woohoo settings, the dress settings without uninstalling and reinstalling the program? How do I reset the 'global overrides'? I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this. I saw a thread about using ACR but it was about how users prefer to use it, not how to change the settings for these options.

You should be able to click on any active/selected sim and spawn the adjuster by going to Adjust/Casual romance/Spawn adjuster. An object looking like a pile of phonebooks (at least I think that's what it's supposed to be XD) will appear next to the sim. When you click on it, you have options to see your sim's token stats, change hood-wide settings, the sim's settings, etc. The tokens are invisible objects that are used to store the different settings for each sim, but you can't access those directly in-game and are not supposed to anyway. All changes to the settings are made via the spawned adjuster.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Forum Resident
#18415 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
How many simmers have inteen? It's interesting but it seems like it conflicts with everything.

I've used it since shortly after I started playing in 2007 and I don't have compatibility issues. I think the only mods I've seen it conflict with are other teen/YA pregnancy related mods, but that's just like picking a default replacement- you have to choose the one that suits your game, and miss out on the others. But at this point, I like my game the way it is, so I'm not installing a lot of global mods that might interfere. I think it was more of an issue when there were new EPs coming out, so mods were constantly having to update each time the game changed.
Theorist
#18416 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:25 PM
I have two weird (dumb) questions .. lemme see if I can say this how for what I'm thinkin ....

Question 1:
Ok, so you start a new hood and you attach a Uni and a Shoppin hood to it. After playin it for a spell you then you decide to restart your whole EA folder in my docs. You don't want to delete the old EA folder so as you might want to go back and play that hood again at a later time so you save it somewhere else.

So now my question is this ... when you save and move an EA folder with played hoods in it does it automatically save the played Uni and Shoppin hoods too?

Question 2:
How difficult is it (for a complete novice) to make a subhood, somethin like a secret hoods or vacation hood, where the sims in that hood never interact w/ any of the other hoods attached, unless teleported or invited and no sims from the other hoods can go there unless teleported or invited. (Hope that wasn't confusing.) I want a hood that's attached, but for it to sorta be like another world so I don't want the two hoods sims to interact unless I have them do so.
Mad Poster
#18417 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:36 PM
The university and shopping hoods are all part of the hood they're attached to. If you save the neighborhood folder, you save everything inside it. If you look in the neighborhood folder for that main hood, you'll see packages for the subhoods.

The second thing sounds difficult as hell. Maybe there's a setting on a visitor controller? Or if somebody figured out how the hobby and witch stealth hoods are made inaccessible to sims without hobby cards or a witch state? But don't let me discourage you from experimenting.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#18418 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The university and shopping hoods are all part of the hood they're attached to. If you save the neighborhood folder, you save everything inside it. If you look in the neighborhood folder for that main hood, you'll see packages for the subhoods.

The second thing sounds difficult as hell. Maybe there's a setting on a visitor controller? Or if somebody figured out how the hobby and witch stealth hoods are made inaccessible to sims without hobby cards or a witch state? But don't let me discourage you from experimenting.

I thought that was the case, but since I don't play much with shoppin or downtown hoods I wasn't sure.

As for the other, yeah I wasn't sure if that was somethin that could be done. I just don't want the two hoods' sims interactin autonomously. I want it so that they only have contact when I pick for them to. I did think of Inge's prison tags, but that is only one sided.
Alchemist
#18419 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I have two weird (dumb) questions .. lemme see if I can say this how for what I'm thinkin ....

Question 2:
How difficult is it (for a complete novice) to make a subhood, somethin like a secret hoods or vacation hood, where the sims in that hood never interact w/ any of the other hoods attached, unless teleported or invited and no sims from the other hoods can go there unless teleported or invited. (Hope that wasn't confusing.) I want a hood that's attached, but for it to sorta be like another world so I don't want the two hoods sims to interact unless I have them do so.

I haven't made one, but I unhid this one to build on it and then hid it again. http://www.dee.email/OPEN/SimPics/hiddencrump.jpg
That was just a setting or two in SimPE, rather like changing zoning. Here's the info I used, I think. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9750.0.html
Making them accessible only to certain sims is above my pay grade, but it seems to me, you could hide them and maybe make the sims you want to go there one of the types that already works that way, like making a second witch lot, for instance.
Theorist
#18420 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I haven't made one, but I did unhid this one to build on it and then hid it again. http://www.dee.email/OPEN/SimPics/hiddencrump.jpg
That was just a setting or two in SimPE, rather like changing zoning. Here's the info I used. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9750.0.html
Making them accessible only to certain sims is above my pay grade, but it seems to me, you could hide them and maybe make the sims you want to go there one that already works that way, like another witch lot, for instance.

The idea or thought behind my question is that I want it to be like another world. Such as where the aliens live who come to visit or abduct sims.

At the moment the only way I can see of doin this is to make a subhood and give all the alien sims prisoner tags and ignore any visitin sims when I play that hood.
Test Subject
#18421 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 5:14 PM
[QUOTE=Sunrader]I changed resolution and texture only in my latest EP. I have UC and Windows 7.

Ok. Thanks. Do you have pics or a link to what it should look like for the resolution and texture?
I already have a couple of back-ups of the graphics rules in a folder in my documents.
Alchemist
#18422 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lionqueen129
[QUOTE=Sunrader]I changed resolution and texture only in my latest EP. I have UC and Windows 7.

Ok. Thanks. Do you have pics or a link to what it should look like for the resolution and texture?
I already have a couple of back-ups of the graphics rules in a folder in my documents.

This is what mine looks like. http://www.dee.email/OPEN/SimPics/Graphics%20Rules.sgr
There are lots of these files. My one I changed for UC is in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config
There are lots of instructions online if you need to adjust.
Theorist
#18423 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
The idea or thought behind my question is that I want it to be like another world. Such as where the aliens live who come to visit or abduct sims.

At the moment the only way I can see of doin this is to make a subhood and give all the alien sims prisoner tags and ignore any visitin sims when I play that hood.

Well, there's also "local wlakbys" from more awesome than you: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=4670.0

That way only Sims from the current subhood will walk by your houses. However this mod will change all your subhood and neighborhood to behave that way, not just the "Alien Planet"

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#18424 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 7:22 PM
This is so very weird Do you have UC? I think I can hear people whispering..*repair your gaaaaaaaame...* or maybe not if you can use AGS...
I am on discs..and I would be stumped!

I do have UC, and I'm not repairing anything--the amount of work it takes to bash it into playing the way I want in the program files--I'll wait to do that until the next time I kill a hard drive.

I found another one last night: the adult female ballet outfits from Freetime, which are exercise wear.

I'm beginning to think the 'easy' solution is going to be to hit up the default database and default all the things that are being holey. Something's wrong in my computer, and I'm not likely going to figure it out. If they weren't also holey in my empty AGS, I'd start looking at things like breastfeeding mod, but they are, and it isn't there, and this is clothing every simmer has and no one else is reporting an issue, so it's clearly internal to something in my computer.

Thanks so much for trying to help, @Rosebine!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#18425 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Well, there's also "local wlakbys" from more awesome than you: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=4670.0

That way only Sims from the current subhood will walk by your houses. However this mod will change all your subhood and neighborhood to behave that way, not just the "Alien Planet"

That might be the better solution. If ya think 'bout it should sims be allowed to walk by other hoods? I mean I can see walkin 'round their own, but wouldn't the other hoods be more of a distance and as such need a vehicle or transport of some sort to get there.

Thanks I'll check it out
Page 737 of 1339