Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2009 at 12:49 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:05 PM.
Default Dating Challenge!
Not sure if this goes here, if not, tell me where it gets moved to...

I've never really made a challenge before, but I had an idea for one... one that's based around having a female sim who lives financially off the affections of different male townies. I don't know what should really be included in a challenge, so I'd like some input... here's what I have so far...

- Make one of the Downtowns that comes with the game on Nightlife. Not like an empty downtown, but the one that comes with the game, with all the lots and such.

- Choose a smallish business from the downtown that you like the least. Empty it almost entirely out (see below for specifications), rezone it as a residential, and make it look like an abandoned, run-down version of what it once was.
-- You can only change something into a less expensive version of itself. For example, a nice, decent tile can stay decent or be replaced with a run-down tile, but it can't be made expensive tile; it also can't be made any kind of wood or carpet. It was tile when it was abandoned, so the only thing that changed about it was that it either stayed the same or became gross.
-- Leave one couch or loveseat behind.
-- Besides the couch, leave only the furniture behind that can't easily be removed. For example, leave all the toilets and sinks where they were. Counters, bars, fridges, dish washers, garbage disposals, and stoves stay, too. For things like tables and chairs, look at the "foot" of the table. If it looks like a restaurant-y table that's actually attached to the ground and can't be moved, leave it, but if it looks more like a home-y table that has been brought in and placed on top of the ground, take it out. Other hard-to-remove things, like pools and bowling lanes, must also stay.
-- Tweak it a bit so that it costs somewhere between 19k and 20k to move into, but also fits into the above rules.

- Make a female adult sim of any personality or aspiration, but making her outgoing with romance aspiration helps. For added realism, make her look trashy and give her a trashy name.

- Move her into the "abandoned business" house. There are only a few things she can do here: she can sleep on the couch, use the bathroom, and use anything that is NOT electric. (After all, the business was abandoned, I doubt there's still someone paying the electric bill for it...) So, you could swim in a pool, but you couldn't bowl, even if there was a bowling alley there, because the stuff that sets up the pins/sends the ball back to you is all electric. You can't eat, either, even if there's a fridge; theoretically since the building is abandoned there wouldn't be food in that fridge.

- Since she can't do most things at home, she has to do them on a community lot. Rely on restaurants and grills in the park for food, showers at a public pool for hygiene, et cetera.

- She cannot hold a job, nor can she make money by painting/writing/farming/et cetera. (Heck, there shouldn't even BE an easel/computer/farming plot.) All of her money must come from one thing: asking random townies on dates, making the date the best you can, and selling the gifts they give you. :3

... and that's all I've got. Obviously it needs to have an ending and a scoring... I thought maybe the whole purpose could be "see how much money you can make before she becomes an elder" might work, but that seems a bit boring. It might be less depressing if she somehow saves up enough money to learn to do what she's always wanted to do and be somebody and so on and so on. But I can't think of a way to quantify that based on the stuff that the game gives you to work with. Any ideas are appreciated.

I'll be posting my example-house and example-sim as soon as I actually make them...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th May 2009 at 3:45 PM
I love this idea, Piyokochanxoxo, and I've actually been thinking about doing something similar for a long time. I'm not so interested in playing for points or anything like that but the idea of your challenge is really good. Thanks for sharing!

LJ
#3 Old 14th May 2009 at 3:27 PM
I don't see why its limited to females....after all, men can do the same thing.
Theorist
#4 Old 14th May 2009 at 9:50 PM
Perhaps the OP simply didn't think of using a male Sim. I don't see any reason why a person couldn't use whichever gender they prefer.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th May 2009 at 6:37 AM
I'm going to start this challenge tonight! I'll report back here with pictures if i actually manage to get anywhere. My game likes to crash when I want to play most.
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th May 2009 at 6:45 AM
Edited the title of the challenge to be more age-appropriate. You can change it, Piyokochanxoxo, but let's keep it a little more appropriate... PG-13 remember!

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th May 2009 at 2:42 PM
It sounds more like a homeless sim challenge rather than a dating challenge, but still sounds like a lot of fun and the basis for an interesting story.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 9:20 AM
Default I have an ending idea...
I like this mini-challenge, and even bookmarked this thread. I might do it later but it doesn't suit the patchwork for my Umami family history.

Still, I have an idea on how to end the challenge: The challenge ends one of three ways...

(1) Pesimisstic: The challenge ends when your Sim becomes an elder.
(2) Hopeful: The challenge ends when your Sim is able to refurbish the lot she lives in back into what it was before. (For example, if you use Londoste for this challenge, the challenge ends when your Sim is able to afford enough to rebuild Londoste back into a decent restaurant.) Or you could have it end when the lot is refurbished into a mansion through the funds earned.
(3) Happiness: The challenge ends when your Sim acheives their LTW. Of course, since your Sim cannot get a job,. this would not work for a Sim with a career LTW. However, if your Sim is a Romance Sim who wants to have 20 lovers...

Tell me what you think.

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)