Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 7:40 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:33 PM.
Default Chaos Challenge
This is my first thread on a challenge so sorry if I get something wrong here or if this is a duplicate, I searched.

The Chaos Challenge is basically a challenge that you choose 8 random sims that 2 pairs are siblings and 2 pairs are married and place them in a house that provides everything they need for their mood that they can access easily. (I would recommend several bathrooms and refrigerators as sims are often blind.) And then you just leave them alone for 10 hours, more or less. Pretty simple huh?

Rules:
-Money cheats are allowed to get what you need.
-Mood cheats and boolProp are not allowed.
-You can choose whatever sims you want for this challenge. Or if you like randomness, use the dice method I see on here a lot.
-Have fun! :thumb:

PS~Using romance aspirations can double the fun. Just a hint.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 1:40 AM
This is interesting. I wonder how many of us can watch without breaking down and micro-managing things?

I may try this...

Thanks Nonnisi...

Just call me Bigirish, okay?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 1:46 AM
It does sound like fun!
Theorist
#4 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 1:49 AM
Very Cool!
Will have to try this, ACR and romance sims for the win!
I'll put it on doubble or tripple speed and let it run in windowed mode, see the outcome after an hour or so

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 8:15 AM
Hhmmm, I nice break from controlling, I guess... I'll start out with six and see what happens. It looks fun, but I hope I'm not to weak and start controlling them again
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 11:04 AM
Oh wow, this seems quite interesting... I think I'm going to try it! Are we allowed to take pictures as long as we don't control the sims?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 2:41 AM
Default Random Family
Meet the Random family. Each sim remained "as is" the way he or she was created in CAS with the exception of one hairdo I had to change and a recolor of one blonde dark-skinned sim to a brunette. The family moved in with 55,000 (which is the amount generated for 8 adults made in CAS). So I didn't need any money cheats.

I built a house for just over 20,000 on a small 2x2 lot. Then I moved the family down and bought them the things that sims normally want and get reward points for - bookcase, double bed, stereo, and bar. After letting their wants roll for any desired item, while still paused; I bought the standard fridge, toilet, and shower. This, at least, gave them some fulfilled wants before they got started.

Here they are outside their new home.

Almost everyone immediately engaged someone else in chat, jokes, or gossip.

Rashid shared gossip with his sister Raji, who didn't care for it. Behind them, Red-haired Rita talked to River. (Both are married, but not to each other.) In the background, Ruby waited to talk to someone.

Rena and Ruby are the other pair of siblings. They shared gossip in the bathroom, but they became friends with each other and enjoyed the gossip.

Blonde Rowena is married to River, who sits on the couch watching a movie here. Raji had just told Rowena a joke and they got on well and became friends too.

Rita made friends with Rashid before she even went inside. It started off with him annoying her, but then they later talked.

Rita is married to Regi who made sandwiches for everyone after Rashid had also made sandwiches that everyone ate up. It was so nice watching the men make sandwiches and clean up without ever asking them to do it.

The 10 hours went by without too much conflict. A denied hug or play action, a couple "not good" gossips, an annoyance, and an arguement. On a positive note though, they all used the toilets and ate. Half had even showered before the ten hours was up.

Here's what the downstairs layout looked like: (The upstairs only had six bedrooms and a bunch of beds - four single and four double - but the sims never wandered upstairs.)

It was fun to not touch the dials at all except to pause and take a picture. Micro managing isn't really needed, I guess. When the 10 hours were up, I let Ruby open the new computer and set it up. They can now get jobs and see what happens.

Thanks for the fun!

I forgot to say that the zodiac signs were all randomly created as well, but I did tweak them a bit while maintaining their sign. For instance, one Leo had a few outgoing points redirected to another area, but he still remained a Leo.

Also, I made a bunch (four or five of them) family sims because they were going to be married. The others I made popularity sims (like the Leo) because they were mainly outgoing (like Gemini). The mix worked well for me. I was tempted to make one a pleasure sim, but I thought that the inability to go downtown or on a date would hamper the fun. Ah well...

I look forward to everyone else's tale. This was a very quick and easy challenge to do and a nice change of pace from micro-managing. It reminded me of the assylum challenge where you only control one sim.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 11:05 PM
I'm glad the challenge was interesting and enjoyable to some of you I'd like to hear stories of all of your experiences with this challenge. Pictures like above would be nice as well. You can even extend the hours if you really wanted to.

My experiences is the fact my sims can't learn to take care of themeselves, and they get pregnant a lot as well, lol. Have fun!