Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#26 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 1:14 PM
Well one option to try might be summoning the food the way a fridge does:

Fridges seem to use a "set to next" loop on the global "menu" objects (in your case you probably want "Food - Drink - Instant Meal - Menu", 0x8C046AD4). When it finds the relevant menu object, it Runs Tree By Name on "CT - Factory - Food". That's the function which is responsible for the actual creation of the food object. I'm not sure if this first part is necessary for you or not, since you've already summoned the food object directly. I'm just writing what I find in the fridge code.

The fridge then assigns values to several of the food object's attributes, which is what I'm guessing is the problem with your summoned food. I'm not going to copy them all out here, but you can find them in the fridge semi-global 0x2021 - "Interaction - Have a ...". If you hit the sort button, you'll find them starting around node 0x18.

The code's pretty crazy to read though. As far as a first project in BHAV modding goes, you picked a doozy. You might be better off trying something a little more accessible.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:30 AM
thanks, it does seem hard. Ill try it tonight. Maybe i should clone it off a fridge and change the instant meal to coke and the delete the rest and make it summon. Its worth a try.

Come have a look at my downloads HERE for Sims 4 downloads.

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

(Or here for sims 2 or here for sims 3 downloads.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 2:31 AM
ha ha ha ha i think i made a stuff up in the summoning code this time and when i clicked "grab a coke" the mail man appeared, so i tried again and another maiul man appeared. How did i do that????

edit: foudn out i accidentally coded in "neighbor in stack" which is the delivery man or sumthing.. hmmm or the mail man i dunno but i think its fixed now. Ill report back in a sec.

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 2:43 AM Last edited by ugly.breath : 21st Jan 2006 at 6:36 AM.
well its summoning coke again but its undrinkabe, AGAIN. Is there anyone here who can help me or fiz it if i pm it to them?

I have a new base now, im using the cheap fridge.

Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 8:49 AM
It would probably easier to clone the glass of water and change the mesh... maybe?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 9:53 AM
i was thinking tht for a while. Maybe I will. I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

Page 2 of 2