Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 9:29 PM Last edited by zorba2357 : 7th Jun 2021 at 9:42 PM.
The sim's name is "tester" . I originally used him to test cc. I noticed his photos take up 1/3 to 1/4 of the photos in the photo album. I seem to be having some problems posting and editing it keeps logging me in and out sorry for double post.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 6:13 PM
simsample, thank you for helping me think this through. I decided to go ahead and delete all the "Tester" photos. I copied them all to a desktop folder and then save them to flash drive. I don't really miss them in the game. Started playing the sim again and taking new pictures anyhow! Trying not to take way too many. I sent him to magic town and he travelled there and back with no problems or glitches. I wonder if too many photos in photo album was the problem all along? I don't know for sure, but next time a sim becomes corrupt, their photo album will be the first thing to go. I miss the Newbies, they had to be eliminated. But maybe I could've saved them.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 9:51 PM
Oh good, glad it worked and you are playing again!

PS Sim Sample started life as a testing sim in Sims 1, he was responsible for testing out the vacation lots I built and may have accidentally died a few times!
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jan 2024 at 5:30 PM
Default I found the solution!
Sorry for the necroposting, but I think this might be useful for those who will google a similar problem and find this thread, as I did.

zorba2357, I faced the same problem. I tried many things, including file manipulation, deleting one of my family members, but the problem remained.

It was like the whole sim family was cursed! Even if I moved to a different house, the game crashed every time I saved it (even though it was saved). The problem is that it becomes impossible to go to the city, because when loading locations, the game saves the family and crashes.

But in a few hours I found a VERY strange solution to the problem.

The problem is in the file UserData\Neighborhood.iff.
This file contains information about all the families and their relationships.

So, you need to open this file using a third-party utility IFF PENCIL 2 (easily found on Google), and then:

1. Click on FAMs in the list on the left

2. Find your family in the list (you'll have to open each one by double-clicking, you'll find it by name).

3. Change the family name! Anything but what it was. You can just delete one letter to try it out.

At this point, I launched the game and everything worked!

I don't know what happened to my name, but it's like it's cursed and if I change it back, the game crashes again.

But in general, the simpler solution is, of course, to take regular backups.
Page 2 of 2