Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Zsynrael : 22nd Feb 2011 at 9:52 PM.
Default (Update) Playing with the Age and Vampire-Motives
I would like to play with the age of several life stages.

e.g. a vampire should be immortal, but if I go ahead like SHoNi in his Vampire-Overhaul the Sims will age after 0 days, when they will be cured from vampirism. And I won't keep some Ambrosia for this. So I look for an alternative.

How about this? Blood (Sim-Plasma) is the currency of life and every time a vampire drinks from his hunt, his life stage will rewind to the beginning. But how do I do that?

I think I need to use anything outside the GameplayData, because neither the AgingManager nor anything with Ambrosia (Recipe_0x737...) helps me fixing this and I'm definetly no advanced programer.

So, what can I do? I am adaptive.

go ahead@Post 4
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 8:34 PM
I think you need a scripting mod for that. Use an EventListener to listen for kAteMeal, rewind the event actor's age if the meal was plasma and the sim is a vampire.

Have a look at Tutorial:Sims_3_Pure_Scripting_Moddingwiki if you don't know how to write scripting mods.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 9:18 PM
In addition to Buzzler's post, it would probably be necessary to include a EventListener for "kGotBuff", and watch for the "SanguineSnack" or "Sated" moodlet.

The appearance of those moodlets would enable you to determine when a sim drank from their victim.

Happy Hunting.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 9:58 PM
Thanks.

Okay, then I have to delay this. At first I want to modificate with XML. What use does this have? I found a XML-Tutorial, but I suppose it will help me just barely.

So if I want to make a Mummy be able to pee (which is disabled), I have to modificate this part (i suppose):

<Motive>
<Tuning kind="BeMummy" universal="False" insatiable="False" intensity="500" ageSpecificity="All" traitSpecificity="Unknown" decayType="FixedDecay" decayValue="2" initialMin="-100" initialMax="-100" timeRandomness="0" hasDefaultValue="True">
</Tuning>
<Intensity>
<Point x="-100" y="0" />
<Point x="100" y="1" />
</Intensity>
<AutoSatisfy>
<Point x="-0.2981367" y="-100" />
<Point x="0" y="-100" />
<Point x="0.1" y="-100" />
</AutoSatisfy>
<MoodContribution>
<Point x="-100" y="0" />
<Point x="100" y="0" />
</MoodContribution>
<MotiveBuffs>
</MotiveBuffs>
</Motive>

This seems to disable the Energy- and Bladder-Bar, but how? What does "Intensity", "AutoSatisfy" and "MoodContribution" do? "MotiveBuffs" is clear, i just dont understand the progression. What happens, if I set the Intensity-y to 2? Does anything grow or fall faster? Did I oversee something?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zsynrael
So if I want to make a Mummy be able to pee{...}
Sorry, that behavior is hard-coded; so that requires a scripting mod as well. The mummy occult type disables bladder and energy motives on addition; you'd need to enable them again.

ETA: What you quoted there is the BeMummy motive. Invisible motives like that are basically used for the autonomy to find suitable interactions for a sim.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 10:40 PM
D'oh! Okay, then I have to learn script-modding. Thanks anyway.