Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:39 AM Last edited by JordanB500 : 20th Feb 2018 at 4:43 AM. Reason: forgot something
Default Wcif and alternate to Nrass's story progressions but only for occult pregnancy
since for some reason i couldnt find the option at town hall, computer or anywhere to change the chance of hybrid occult pregnancy (and since all other mods only add occult status after birth...) i am looking for a mod, xml/itun etc that can be modified since i have yet to find one that does anything like what is mentioned in story progression/pregnancy

"Chance of Hybrid Offspring
The percent chance that the offspring of a mixed occult couple will have multiple occult states
Note that occult states can be inherited from grandparents when this option is enabled, which can produce occult children even when both parents are no longer occult themselves
Default: 0" text from the interactions page

if possible i would prefer to know which file(s) in gameplaypackages.package alter this and i would simply make a seperate package file to use

i could also use nrass's retuner but id need to know where to start

also not occult but aliens who have children are no longer aliens and are born with a different skin color for some reason maybe something can be done about that as well
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 8:42 AM
AS you copied this from the NRaas site, it must be an option in their SP mod; maybe it's part of one of the modules and you don't have this installed, which could be the reason why you don't see that option in your game. And I suppose you'll need the standalone mod NRaas Hybrid, too.

Other than that there is no way to tune this for yourself, because the unmodified game doesn't have any hybrids. This requires a script mod, not a tuning mod. The NRaas Hybrid mod is the only one that I know that adds hybrids to the game.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 9:12 AM
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Pregnancy > Chance of Hybrid Offspring
This one doesn't require any add-on modules (that I know of), but I believe it does require that SP's progression is actually on and running or like so many other options it just doesn't appear. Do you find that most of the other options on that menu listed in the documentation are also missing?

NRaas > SP > General Options > Enable Progression > True

The Hybrid mod makes hybrids playable as such no matter how they are formed instead of forcing all but one of the occult states to go into remission as is EA's standard. It doesn't by itself actually foster or hinder the creation of hybrids.

No sorry, as Don says none of this can be done by tuning or using Retuner or we wouldn't need a script mod to accomplish it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:29 PM
i have tried and i have the latest version/all modules and no options appear and i have hybrid installed already, if a script mod is what it takes then my request is for a script mod or at the very liest some idea how i should start if i can/want to make it myself(i could try opening story progression in S3PE and take a look at how it is constructed(chances are it wont help anything regardless)

ok so i did not have it enabled
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 7:23 PM Last edited by igazor : 20th Feb 2018 at 7:34 PM.
You aren't the first one to make that mistake. It's admittedly not intuitively obvious which facets of SP (it's many but not all of them) require progression to actually be enabled in order to reach them. The point being that with no SP progression enabled, the options that are hidden are useless because none of the things they control would even be happening.

For future reference though, Script and Core mods are compiled code. You can't edit them or study their construction in S3PE and an XML text editor as you can with Tuning Mods except for small things like default settings and those that are left as tunable on purpose. With C# and .NET programming skills and some additional tools in hand, you would need the source code. NRaas mods are open source, so the code is accessible to any who want to see or work with it.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Creating+an+NRaas+project

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._GeneralModding
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:30 PM
would a script/core mod be absolutely required for something like this?

for some reason when two aliens have a child they arent born aliens and for occults they arent born with occult states
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:35 AM
I always thought that under EA Standard, when two parents with a single occult type the same as each other have a baby, there should be a 100% chance that the baby will inherit that same occult type. Their children should never be human (those with no occult state). Although we might not see clear evidence of that occult state having been inherited until the baby is older.

When each parent has a single different occult state, each baby should have a 50% chance of one occult and a 50% chance of the other, again with no human (those with no occult state) children. NRaas SP also opens up the possibility of hybrids in this case as it does not force one of the two possible inherited states into remission like EA's does. So not counting grandparents for the moment, a witch and a fairy will have babies who are witches, fairies, and witch-fairy hybrids but not humans. A witch and a human with one grandparent being a fairy could have babies who are witches, fairies, humans, and/or witch-fairy hybrids.

This does not match what you are seeing?

EA makes this a bit more confusing though as under its own story progression rather than NRaas SP's, occults can form randomly on the fly from any not actively being played sim. SP does not allow that unless you play the Personality add-on modules that allow for "turning"; under NRaas SP there has to be a reason for a sim to have an occult state such as having been born, created, spawned (immigration and Service Sim NPCs) or turned that way. But without SP, although I thought I understood how occult state inheritance was meant to work, things are more random so I may not have had that correct all this time.

Aliens are a little different because a sim being considered an alien is based on the % of the their Alien DNA, not a single yes/no occult status. Any sim with 20% or over Alien DNA is considered an Alien. MasterController (with its MC Cheats add-on module) can be used to reveal and adjust the DNA % that a sim actually has.

Sorry if this isn't working for you as intended one way or the other but no, genetic inheritances are not controlled by tuning alone. At least none that I've ever seen.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 6:09 AM
ok so i have over 800+ .package files in my \mods folder (if i keep downloading cc and mods it will be 900 in no time) and thats not counting how many .sims3pack files i installed with the launcher
atm everything is working fine(even though there are files with the exact same instance group resource key and etc conflicting with each other)
is there any way i can disable most of sp and still have it function for example completely removing/disabling the caste system and the stories/memories and so on?
and should i be using sp in the first place is it worthwhile ?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 7:49 AM
If you use SP for actual progression but remove all of the castes, then you will have something resembling chaos. The default castes dictate things like which gender and age grouped sims are allowed to get pregnant and impregnate each other, which ones are aging, how sims skill and move up in their careers without player involvement, who if anyone is allowed to emigrate out of your world and your game. Wouldn't recommend that. Stories can be disallowed across the board yes, but that just stops the notification displays, not the actual effects of what SP is doing with these sims. SP doesn't have anything to do with scrapbook memory generation, that's gated by an EA Game Option or the use of a mod by velocitygrass here at MTS to control them selectively.

As to whether SP is worth it, many of us find the way it helps manage the inactive population in our worlds and the player-defined controls it provides to be very satisfying to work with. Others don't like it or cannot tolerate the drag it places on the game engine. It's really a matter of preference. AwesomeMod offers a very different version of progression by way of its StoryMode option and is usually considered the third of three such choices, but I'm afraid that doesn't have anything to do with occult genetics and hybrids as far as I know. I think what you are asking for is a genetics system that accounts for the passing down of occult states properly as well as hybrid formation upon birth without all the other trappings of progression. I'm sorry, but as far as we know that does not exist. Our developer has considered this, it does get asked occasionally, but there are no plans to separate out the genetics system from the rest of SP.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:20 PM
if sp is suppost to manage the inactives does that mean when sp is active and i set the occult hybrid birth setting to 100 will it affect both inactives and actives or just inactives also do i have to change settings for sp for every town or what cuz to me there are two kinds of mods that nrass has one that is always active for every town and household like overwatch and then there is the ones that require modifying settings every time for every household such as shooless and some others also offtopic here but how do you disable aging with master controller for one sim at a time and not an overall game setting cuz i have sims that shouldnt be aging and sims that should be but arent and i cant find the option in master controller(if it is in mc)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:44 PM Last edited by igazor : 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:14 AM.
No, there are not two kinds of mods as described. Yes, it is possible to export mod settings from one game and import them into another. Overwatch has a means to do that for all NRaas mods at once or any subset you choose.

SP's genetics apply the same to both actively being played sims and inactive residents. MasterController can set or adjust a sim's actual total age, but it has nothing to do with aging vs. not aging. That's a function of StoryProgression.

I'm very sorry, but support for NRaas mod is provided at NRaas. Not MTS. If you choose to bring us your questions, and some of them look like good ones, and this issue of mod settings crossing over into different games as that should not be happening, I do suggest that you try to use complete sentences and punctuation when you type them out. It will make them much easier to understand and answer.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
(free Wikispaces account and NRaas membership required to post; yes we know Wikispaces is shutting down later this year but we will have moved to our own site by then and for now it is still business as usual)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:51 PM
Im sorry but i cant and wont not ever use contractions cuz thats just how i am that said i do not mind setting aside some time to type properly if i am asked to, however what i meant with overwatch is a type of mod that works automatically across all saves without having to go into settings for every new save do you understand what i mean?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JordanB500
Im sorry but i cant and wont not ever use contractions cuz thats just how i am that said i do not mind setting aside some time to type properly if i am asked to, however what i meant with overwatch is a type of mod that works automatically across all saves without having to go into settings for every new save do you understand what i mean?

The default settings for Overwatch make it run the way you are seeing. The default settings for Shooless (for example) don't really do much. This is kind of an extreme example because Shooless only has around two settings whereas Overwatch has many. A better example might be StoryProgression, the mod will not activate progression in each world without asking the player first or without them going into General Options to activate it.

But they are all the same in the sense that each mod will run with its default settings until the player changes them and the settings for each of the mods are always world (game save) specific. The only exception is that when the player uses Traveler to travel to a new world within the same game, the destination world will try to pick up the mod settings from the world traveled from but only the first time. After that, the settings remain specific to each world. Think of weather as another example, we wouldn't actually want different worlds to always keep re-inheriting Tempest mod settings as that wouldn't make sense when traveling between worlds that should have very different climates. But that's for travel within the same ongoing game, different game saves will always be handled independently of each other.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:40 PM
is there a way to have settings be automatically loaded for these mods or would you need to make a tuning package for each mod you wanted to change settings for?
also another offtopic things to mention i made a tuning package for the cow plant modelled after the variants nonamena made but i am wondering is there a way to get the cowplant to eat visitors or otherwise npcs that annoy me because atm i just have a cowplant as decoration for the most part(and i have one in a room next to the time portal in my basement and id like to see how mr.time traveler likes that lol)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:38 PM
Changing the default settings would require a tuning file for each one, yes. If you want to alter the mods themselves, you can do that too but now we are back to talking about using the mods' open source files and C# to create your own personal use mods out of them.

I believe most players just do the export/import thing. It's one step per new world using Overwatch to manage them, maybe two if you find that the the more complex mods like SP and Retuner work out better with their own imports.

Sorry, I don't know how to tune a cowplant but possibly others here do.