Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 5:35 PM Last edited by heaven : 3rd Dec 2012 at 2:34 PM.
Default MTS Official 2013 Calendar Contest: TS3
Official MTS 2013 Calendar Contest: The Sims 3
Do you have high hopes to be featured in a publication but missed your opportunity to secure a spot in the 2012 calendar? Do you often catch your sims doing strange and amusing things? Maybe you have your own blooper reel of all the oopsies that your play sessions have produced. In the spirit of all things lol, we present the LOLSims Calendar Contest. Come join us for a chance to be featured in the Official 2013 Calendar!

Rules
1. 1 picture per entry. You may only enter a category one time but may enter 2 separate categories.
2. Only 30 entrants per category. Please no place holders. Each spot is only filled once the picture has been submitted.
3. CC is allowed. However, please make sure to follow MTS rules for CC; no pay content. If anyone is notified that they have used pay content, their entries will be disqualified. The spots they had will NOT be held.
4. Pictures must be 800px (width) x 600px (height).
5. Captions are optional; a good caption enhances an already funny photo, while a bad caption will make it less impactful; choose carefully. If you choose to add a caption, any text used should be Arial and white, no bold or italic letters. Black is acceptable as an alternative if you have light backgrounds.
6. When posting your picture, please make sure to include the category it belongs to.
7. Your own original work only, please. Entries found to belong to someone else or that have been posted previously will be disqualified.
8. Once your post has been added to the table, it may not be changed. You may not submit a place-holder, your submission is final. You may not delete it and enter a new category instead, etc. If you choose to delete your entry, you are removing yourself from the contest and no further entries will be permitted from you.
9. Other than captions and resizing/cropping, no photo editing of any kind is permitted.
10. Sims 3 only. For Sims 2 version, please go here.

Categories
  • lolsims – any funny pictures that focus around Teen - Elder sims.
  • lolkids – any funny pictures that focus around Infant - Teen sims.
  • lolpets –any funny pictures that focus around animals of any kind. Supernaturals do not count as pets.
  • lolwhut – any funny in-game pictures that don’t fall into the categories above. This can include: Creator fails, pics without sims or pets, etc.

How to Enter
1. Choose a category and take a picture to represent that theme. It can be a picture you've had lying around for a while but should not be one that you've uploaded previously and MUST be a picture you have taken yourself.
2. Make sure your picture is 800px (width) x 600px (height). If not, re-size it. If the original picture is too big, crop and/or resize. If the original screenshot is too small, be wary of making it larger due to crunchy/blurry pictures.
3. Upload the picture to any image host - Tinypic, Photobucket, Flickr, or ModYourPanties
4. Start a new post on this thread - click Go Advanced, and you can click the little "Insert Image" icon in the toolbar, or just copy-paste the image location into some [ img ] tags. Make sure to include which category your picture is for.
5. Submit your post - doing so will submit your entry. Do not edit or change your entry once it has been submitted.

Duration/Time Period
The contest begins November 1st, as soon as this is posted. Contestants will have until November 30th to post pictures. However, if a category fills up before that date, that category will be closed to new entries so that it can be judged.

Contestants
30 per category maximum

Judging
Judging will be done by a panel of MTS Staff.

Scoring
These are the things that the panel will be looking out for when entries are judged.
  • Comedy Value – Is your picture funny? If a caption was used, does it add to the humour?
  • Originality and Creativity – Originality of idea. Is it the same fail/joke we’ve all seen a million times? Did you do something unexpected?
  • Style and Presentation – Does it look good? Just because it's not your typical photography contest, doesn't mean the pictures have to look awful. Is the lighting appropriate?
  • Rules – CC adherence, no editing, inclusion of category.

Prizes
As always, the blue ribbons for each month’s winner.
Each month in 2013, the corresponding winning image will be posted in site news.
A calendar will be made for download with each winning month.
The light bulb trophy showcased in the news post.
Additionally, winners will receive a purple winner's achievement sticker for their profile. And all entrants will receive a red participation sticker as well.

Chat Thread
If you don’t get a spot in your category, or want to post for more than the allowed amount of categories, or just want to chat about the entries, please post in our Chat Thread!

The picture you post will be your final shot - make it good. Posting a random picture of an internet meme, lolcats, yourself, etc to reserve a spot is not allowed and it will be deleted. If you want to post pictures like that, please see the chat thread linked above. Furthermore, any entries that violate site rules or do not belong to the poster will be deleted and will result in the poster being disqualified.

Once your post has been added to the table, it may not be changed. Do not change the picture, you may not delete it and enter a new month instead, etc. If you choose to delete your entry, you are removing yourself from the contest and no further entries will be permitted from you.

If anyone is notified that they have used pay content, their entries will be disqualified. The spots they had will NOT be held.

Contestant Entries

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 2:11 PM
Category: lolsims

"Playing Arcade Machine like a Boss"

Me back after a long hiatus :)
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 2:38 PM Last edited by Vampire_aninyosaloh : 1st Nov 2012 at 4:21 PM.
'Honey, I am home!'

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Acornicus : 3rd Nov 2012 at 7:12 PM.
Default Pose making
Category: lolwhut
"When pose making goes horribly wrong."
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 5:05 PM
"Oh crap, I slipped!"
#lolsims

-Signatures must be five lines or less including spaces, please read the forum rules-
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:53 PM Last edited by maripics : 17th Nov 2012 at 2:12 PM.
Category: lolkids
OMG. Dad, you are the WORST!

Edit: Resized it, but the quality is terrible. Hope I can still participate.
PS. Is this size ok? It's a bit different from the one you told me to put in. Very little difference, though.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:06 AM
maripics, your picture needs to be 800x600. Right now it is 1,023 × 573. Please resubmit with the correct size. (Just edit your post and change the image).

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Alchemist
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 1:53 AM
Category: lolpets
A better use of the newspaper.

is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:43 AM
#lolpets

Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:39 AM
Hey guys, looking forward to getting my entry in. Just wanna double check if Store content counts as Pay Content? (Excuse the probably dumb question, this will be my first ever comp and I've never uploaded anything before, so just wanna double check)
Scholar
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:40 AM

STOP $#&@ING CRYING ALREADY.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 8:00 AM
If looks could kill...

#lolkids

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Scholar
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 2:12 PM
#lolsims

You might want to see a doctor about that...

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:17 PM
"Performance anxiety"

Alchemist
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 6:14 PM
#lolsims

"She thinks she's a ballerina... What a crazy old lady!"

Alchemist
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 6:16 PM
#lolpets

"Your party sucks. I'm outta here!"

Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 8:42 PM Last edited by Lunararc : 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:26 AM.

" The sims 3 version of the overly attached girlfriend "

Knight Of The Moon
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 9:15 PM Last edited by heaven : 2nd Nov 2012 at 9:47 PM.
ShakespearesSunshyne, I'm sorry but as stated in the rules, no photo editing except for adding the captions and resizing the picture. This includes adding borders.

Lunararc and Acornicus - We've got some problems with the text shown. They need to be Arial and white only. Please no borders or shadows or any extra editing to the text. I'm removing your names from the list for now. You may edit your post to change the picture to one with edited text as long as there is still space available.

Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
ShakespearesSunshyne, I'm sorry but as stated in the rules, no photo editing except for adding the captions and resizing the picture. This includes adding borders.

Lunararc and Acornicus - We've got some problems with the text shown. They need to be Arial and white only. Please no borders or shadows or any extra editing to the text. I'm removing your names from the list for now. You may edit your post to change the picture to one with edited text as long as there is still space available.

I re uploaded the picture with white " Arial font " with smooth edges is that ok ??

Knight Of The Moon
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:47 PM
Default MTS Official 2013 Calendar Contest: TS3

Gotta love little sisters

"If the square root of a potato is a potato, then a potato is a potato... >:O I WANT POTATOES!!!"
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:56 PM Last edited by heaven : 2nd Nov 2012 at 11:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lunararc
I re uploaded the picture with white " Arial font " with smooth edges is that ok ??

Your text still doesn't look like Arial font. See this picture for an example.

Quote: Originally posted by JeNNacide
Hey guys, looking forward to getting my entry in. Just wanna double check if Store content counts as Pay Content? (Excuse the probably dumb question, this will be my first ever comp and I've never uploaded anything before, so just wanna double check)

Store content is considered the same as stuff pack content so it is more than acceptable for you to use.

Instructor
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Your text still doesn't look like Arial font. See this picture for an example.

Store content is considered the same as stuff pack content so it is more than acceptable for you to use.

This time I used bold " ARIAL " font you can check the picture now.

Knight Of The Moon
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:51 AM
Sorry about that, I've changed my text to Arial as requested.
Alchemist
#24 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:52 AM
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 3:18 AM Last edited by Simanims : 4th Nov 2012 at 2:32 PM.

Page 1 of 5