Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:36 AM
Default "Steel Bladder"; I learned how to mod about a thousand things before I gave up and came here.
Well, I think the title says it all. I know AwesomeMod modifies steel bladder to make it slow down rather than completely stop. I searched his .package, the gameplay.package for hours.

Seriously, I learned about a thousand things while not learning what I wanted to learn.

Could someone please enlighten me on which part of gameplay.packages I should go to in order to modify the effects of steel bladder?

Is it more complicated than I thought? I thought it would be a simple change from "NoDecay" to "#", but I am beginning to think no.

Sincerely,

distressed me.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tricit
Well, I think the title says it all. I know AwesomeMod modifies steel bladder to make it slow down rather than completely stop. I searched his .package, the gameplay.package for hours.

Awesome adjusts the "Steel Bladder" functionality via Core-wise scripting changes.

From the sounds of your query, I suspect you were looking for a tuning answer to the problem.

However, there does not appear to be one. So, you will need to learn how to Core-mod to satisfy your request.

----

If you are looking for the code, it is in the Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Motive.CheckLifetimeRewards() function within Sims3GameplaySystems.dll .

Good Luck.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:36 PM Last edited by Tricit : 30th Jul 2010 at 1:19 AM.
Thank you so much!

here, let me just post what I think should get what I want, and people can say if I did this right or not.

This starts on line 1277662
Code:
          CheckLifetimeRewards(class Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim sim) cil managed
  {
   // Code size       51 (0x33)
    .maxstack  8
    IL_0000:  ldarg.0
    IL_0001:  ldfld      valuetype Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.CommodityKind Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Motive::Commodity
    IL_0006:  ldc.i4     0x10f38d6
    IL_000b:  bne.un.s   IL_0031

IL_000d:  ldarg.1
    IL_000e:  ldc.i8     0x24ff001c42b6bac0
    IL_0017:  callvirt   instance bool Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim::HasTrait(valuetype Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.TraitNames)
    IL_001c:  brfalse.s  IL_0031

IL_001e:  ldarg.1
    IL_001f:  callvirt   instance class Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Motives Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim::get_Motives()
    IL_0024:  ldarg.0
    IL_0025:  ldfld      valuetype Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.CommodityKind Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Motive::Commodity
    IL_002a:  callvirt   instance void Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Motives::ForceSetMax(valuetype Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.CommodityKind)
    IL_002f:  ldc.i4.1
    IL_0030:  ret

IL_0031:  ldc.i4.0
    IL_0032:  ret
  } // end of method Motive::CheckLifetimeRewards

I think I need to change ForceSetMax to something else? I'll be looking for language in other lifetime rewards.

If anyone can confirm this is a correct way to do this or not, please do tell!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 9:35 AM Last edited by Tricit : 30th Jul 2010 at 9:58 AM.
Wow I feel so dumb. Now that I am looking into Intermediate language, I can finally analyze awesomemod.

Wait... I cannot see his stuff because it's in S3SA and STBL, which I have no idea what they are.

Could someone help me here? I'll continue searching.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 4:10 PM
S3SA files are the scripting part and STBL are just strings. Using S3PE you can export the S3SA into a .dll file and then analyze it by using .NET Reflector.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 1:24 AM Last edited by Tricit : 31st Jul 2010 at 1:53 AM.
Reflector had an error opening the dll exported. Or I was supposed to export something from s3sa? In which case, S3PE had an error opening it.

When I tried to register with moreawesomethanyou to ask them, it keeps telling me I'm a spammer ._. oh well.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#7 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 10:19 AM
Reflector had an error opening the dll exported. Or I was supposed to export something from s3sa? In which case, S3PE had an error opening it.
In S3PE you have to select the S3SA resource, click on grid and then choose Export from the Import/Export dropdown menu.

The S3SA resource format was changed with the ambitions patch, so you're probably using an outdated version of S3PE if you're unable to open it.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 10:53 AM
When I tried to register with moreawesomethanyou to ask them, it keeps telling me I'm a spammer ._. oh well.
Don't use your spamsite email. Just make some shit up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 11:37 AM Last edited by Tricit : 1st Aug 2010 at 12:06 PM.
Hey there. I think I am coming up with a solution and will try it out.

Do you think it will work if I somehow do IL surgery and transplant some code from PermaClean into SteelBladder? I can just make it reference to the PermaClean modified decay instead of using ForceSetMax and whatever that references to.

And I finally found how to analyze your stuff, but it's pretty useless to me now that I discovered DirtyDefiant is actually PermaClean ._.

-- edits --

OH GOD THE CORE OVERLOADED AND THE TRANSLATION FAILED!

I failed to learn everything about IL and it slapped me in the face.

just gonna pretend my sims have a continuous loop of trandimensional piss transporters inside them until I get this figured out.

-- Edit --

I was told trying to learn IL just to do this is an extreme waste of time. Giving up.

lock