Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Correlated Skins *5 Year Creator Anniversary*

by Phaenoh Posted 19th Jul 2012 at 4:58 PM - Updated 12th Dec 2017 at 5:31 PM by Phaenoh

259 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 182 Feedback Posts, 76 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 11
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#251 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 6:04 AM
I still play TS2, and I still use these defaults. The only thing that would change your outcome is the recessive genetics of your parents. Perhaps the S4 has parents with lighter skin that will help? Reroll if the baby is too weird, or edit genetics in SimPE.
Forum Resident
#252 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 4:33 AM
is incomplete body shop in Clean Installer normal?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#253 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
is incomplete body shop in Clean Installer normal?
Yes. Much pulling apart was required to make these and they all share resources, so the individual ones scan up as incomplete. Nothing to worry about!
Test Subject
#254 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 11:26 PM Last edited by roylueftner : 13th Nov 2020 at 11:43 PM.
Default Found 2 oversights in properties
Hey, thanks for this set, I've been using it for years and really like it. I've customized all skin textures a bit further to my liking and noticed something weird on a few of my athletic sims: When their bodytype was "cut" their chestskin would not match their bottom skin. There was a clearly visible hard transition from one skintexture to another (let's say: shaved to hairy ) around the waist.
Obviously their bottom was not switching correctly to the new texture.

So, I did some testing and inspecting with SimPE and found two mistakes
  • S2 Brown - CASIE_ambottomnaked_nudesoft_s2: the value for fitness says "1", should be "2"
  • S4 Black - CASIE_ambottomnaked_nudecut_s4: the value for skintone differs by one zero (000000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000). Delete one of the zeros and it works
Test Subject
#255 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roylueftner
Hey, thanks for this set, I've been using it for years and really like it. I've customized all skin textures a bit further to my liking and noticed something weird on a few of my athletic sims: When their bodytype was "cut" their chestskin would not match their bottom skin. There was a clearly visible hard transition from one skintexture to another (let's say: shaved to hairy ) around the waist.
Obviously their bottom was not switching correctly to the new texture.

So, I did some testing and inspecting with SimPE and found two mistakes
  • S2 Brown - CASIE_ambottomnaked_nudesoft_s2: the value for fitness says "1", should be "2"
  • S4 Black - CASIE_ambottomnaked_nudecut_s4: the value for skintone differs by one zero (000000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000). Delete one of the zeros and it works

Hey
I checked my files and found&edited the first typo, couldnt find the second - there 7 zeros and 1 four for me there

I also had to edit the TextRef files according to clsve's guide for the skins to not glitch after my repair of the UC (all I did was reset my C drive and repair the game to play it again, the skins suddenly became glitchy after that ) so I was wondering if you Phaenoh would be okay if I posted my edited TextRefs here in the comments? So other people with the same issue can just hit download or if you'd rather update your official version in the downloads section.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#256 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nightllock
Hey
I checked my files and found&edited the first typo, couldnt find the second - there 7 zeros and 1 four for me there

I also had to edit the TextRef files according to clsve's guide for the skins to not glitch after my repair of the UC (all I did was reset my C drive and repair the game to play it again, the skins suddenly became glitchy after that ) so I was wondering if you Phaenoh would be okay if I posted my edited TextRefs here in the comments? So other people with the same issue can just hit download or if you'd rather update your official version in the downloads section.

I'm currently not really supporting my downloads, so go ahead and post up your edits. I might get back to updating them myself in the future, so if/when that happens we'll take yours down, but for now go ahead and post them. I rather people have working versions rather than 'official' ones at the moment.
Instructor
#257 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 9:01 AM
@Phaenoh I like these skins, but I hate body hair, (one more reason why I love sims), I understand that if you would not do these skins without hair? or some similar? Thanks, even so I think I'll try them to see how I see them in my game (I'm sure I don't like them... :/)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#258 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
@Phaenoh I like these skins, but I hate body hair, (one more reason why I love sims), I understand that if you would not do these skins without hair? or some similar? Thanks, even so I think I'll try them to see how I see them in my game (I'm sure I don't like them... :/)
I'm not sure what you are asking for. The versions without body hair are just the standard Maxis ones. If you are looking for the infant hair, that is already uploaded separately. If you want more diversity in your skins, I've linked to a number of creators who have uploaded skins within this system.
Test Subject
#259 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 4:57 AM Last edited by atiya : 20th Oct 2022 at 9:34 AM.
I just ran into these skins (returning to The Sims after a long time away), and I am so excited to try them out! The lack of proper body hair on my male sims has always bothered me. (The, um, missing hair below is actually fine for me, since I like to use the color-selectable hair that comes with Crammyboy's, er, addition.) Thank you so much!

Edited to add: Ooo, these are lovely! My male sims are all way better looking when unclothed/partially clothed now! I'm very sad that as far as I can tell SexySims isn't functional anymore, since I'd love to have your female skins, and your, er, more complete male skins.
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 4:08 PM
Instead of having every man have body hair or no man have body hair, I'd rather get a mod that makes the hair grow dynamically (is that the right word?), including facial hair. Probably not head hair. I don't know how easy or hard that would be to make.

I just wanna know if you'd prefer a completely hair pre-naked early human man when we were still indistinguishable from other apes. All hair all the time. But lesser apes. Humans should be considered lesser apes. What did gibbons do?
Page 11 of 11