Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 2:08 PM Last edited by beegomez : 2nd Nov 2016 at 2:27 PM.
how to get infant body in game/simpe?
i want infant body to my test, i'll convert hair for him (well, i'm trying) and i need a model, help??????????
i really need these bodies how to get usable, in the same mode creatores using to create things and get work good, and preferably, but not exclusively, with joints (as is animationbase poses). thanks in advance! ♥
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 3:45 PM
Why not download insimenator (if you don't already have it), use the biological clock function to quickly create a pregnancy + immediate delivery. That's the fastest way I can think of to get an infant in a test lot.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 4:07 PM
I think they mean they need the mesh of the infant body to make hair?
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I think they mean they need the mesh of the infant body to make hair?

In that case, disregard my idea
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 7:07 PM
You can export the body mesh in SimPE (it's called "bubodydiaper"); I've done that a few times!

As for the head... I think when I was playing around with headwear for infants, I used one of the downloadable OBJ files to get everything in the right place. I believe it was one of these that I used. There are no bones or assignments, so they're basically just for getting the placement right.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 4:25 PM
Thank you! I am not the original poster but I needed it for something I am working on as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
You can export the body mesh in SimPE (it's called "bubodydiaper"); I've done that a few times!

As for the head... I think when I was playing around with headwear for infants, I used one of the downloadable OBJ files to get everything in the right place. I believe it was one of these that I used. There are no bones or assignments, so they're basically just for getting the placement right.

THANK YOU! ♥
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 1:08 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Oct 2017 at 1:20 PM.
With the PJSD tool, extract the "bubodydiaper" OR "bubodynaked" and the "buhairbald" as gmdc - (right-click the GMDC and choose "extract"), and the "buface" as obj (it sometimes gives errors if extracting as gmdc). Then import them into Milkshape. Start with the body or hair, then import the other one (click "no" to the "import another skeleton" question), and then the face.

If you want to be really thorough, you'll on the "face" copy over the bone assignments from the neck and back of head so they match the other two meshes (assign the rest to the "joint07" bone, which is the head) - but that's not really needed.

Also, sorry to say - but the skeleton for infants isn't a proper body skeleton. Babies are considered half objects in the game, and therefore only have joints without any bones like the older sims, so you can't do anything you'd need a skeleton for (like posing or animating) using the baby skeleton. Also, the outlay of the joints is somewhat different (particularly hands and neck area) and don't have the same names (mainly "joint##"), and the shape of the body is different (legs, neck/chest and arms in particular).

Other than that, you can do quite a lot. I've made a ton of clothes, hairs and accessories for them. It's a bit more challenging, and you need to do some trickery in Bodyshop/SimPE to make them show up. I've got several tutorials on my site, if you need that (link in my signature - currently you need to be logged in to see them, but I can copy them over to the tutorial section if need be), and if you need help with anything, just ask