Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 8:08 PM
Default Using CCLoader to add books
So I want to start using the beautiful tool that is CCLoader, but have absolute minimum coding experience. I've read ALL the threads, but as they are mostly about recipes and written by people who understand what they are doing, it hasn't been that helpful.
I've followed douglasveiga's instructions and gotten the book to show up in game with this code:
Quote:
<BookGeneral>
<Title>Marissa_WayOfKings</Title> <!-- MUST be unique -->
<Author>BrandonSanderson</Author>
<Genre>Fantasy</Genre>
<Length>1007</Length>
<Value>20</Value>
<PagesMinNorm>1</PagesMinNorm>
<PagesMinBW>2</PagesMinBW>
<NotInBookStore>False</NotInBookStore>
<GeometryState>BookMediumThick</GeometryState>
<MaterialState>bookFantasy</MaterialState>
<AllowedWorldTypes>Base,Downtown,University,Future</AllowedWorldTypes> <AllowedWorlds></AllowedWorlds>
<CodeVersion>Basegame</CodeVersion>
</BookGeneral>

However, when I open the game there is no title, author, or flavor text. I tried adding the STBL string based on This tutorial , but since that pre-dates CCLoader and it didn't work, I suspect I am missing a step in CCLoader.
I know it has something to do with the localization key examples listed at the beginning of the file, but I don't understand where I am supposed to put that? The YouTube of how to do this with a recipe has an extra <Recipe_Name> tag that is not in the book code block, so I'm not sure if I need to add that or what I am missing?
Thank you in advanced for your help.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 8:48 PM
Step 4 of the tutorial is actually the one you want to have in this case CCloader should be compatible with this, but I can understand that the whole Gameplay/Excel/Books/BookGeneral:BOOKNAME is confusing in this case since there are no files nor excel files to be found anywhere!

But! Fear not! It's really easy! So first you want to get STBLeditor (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=489424)

1. Open your package with S3PE 2. Remove all STBL entries if you have any
3. save the package and close S3PE 4. Open STBL easy editor and go to File>open package and select your package.
5. click on the 'add STBL' button in this new window, first enter an unique name in the upper box, in your case something like Marissa_WayOfKings.stbl or Marissa_Books or something unique! Make sure all languages are ticked and click OK!
6. Let's move to the 'add a string' tab. In the 'key to hash name' box we want to add this: Gameplay/Excel/Books/BookGeneral:Marissa_WayOfKings

This is what it should look like right now:

"But how do you know what to use?!" You might ask yourself, it's actually quite easy! So basically what you want to do is:

Gameplay/Excel/Books/BookGeneral:BOOKNAME
Gameplay/Excel/Books/BookGeneral:AUTHORNAME

And replace the bookname with the 'title' entry you made, and autorname with the 'author' entry you made within your customized XML file.

7. In the box right under it, we want to double click on the english tab's 'displayed text' and write down whatever name you want to call your book in-game
8. Click the 'copy English to empty translations'
9. Click 'add string'

Now repeat step 6 till 9 again but this time, we want to add the author name. Which will be: Gameplay/Excel/Books/BookGeneral:BrandonSanderson

10. Now save the package (File>save package) and close the STBL editor
11. *Optional!* Open your package file with S3PE and check if all the entries are correct. In the preview window it should say something like:

[0] 0x4EF47774D6FAC227: I am a book hi world!
[1] 0x7C996AEA46265101: i'm another thingy!

There you go! Let me know if that worked for you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 1:28 PM
Quote:
There you go! Let me know if that worked for you!

It did! Thank you so much for clarifying that for me.