Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 11:22 PM Last edited by Kitty25939 : 8th Jan 2016 at 5:24 PM.
Can't use Edit in Game mode (solved!!)
Okay, so awhile back, I was posting about this, but I might as well post again to tell everyone how to fix it (I don't know if anyone has posted all of this together in the past, but it's all very helpful if found on the same forum). Also, thanks to simsample for helping me figure this out via a pm.

This is to all of you who have bought the Sims 3 from Origin, and like me, have bought this version of the game. This version does NOT allow you to skip the launcher, so even a disk copy of the game with that caption at the top will NOT work. You'll need this one, which does allow the launcher to be skipped, no matter if it's from Origin or a disk. Now, the Sims 3 isn't even AVAILABLE on Origin anymore, so you'll have to browse the web for a copy that does not have that caption on the top. I managed to find one on Ebay for $10. The case my disk was in was in a different language, but that's okay because it will still be in English (or whatever language you speak) when you install it. Once you have a disk, read below how to fix it (it's simple and easy )

Now, here's how I did it and got it to work. (This is for Windows, I'm not sure for Mac) First, go to your Control Panel, then click on 'Programs'. From there, go to 'Programs and Features', then find the Sims 3 and click 'uninstall'. It will then ask you if you are sure you want to uninstall it, and say something about EPs and/or SPs. Don't worry about that, just click yes (your EPs and SPs will be fine). Then it will ask you if you want to remove saves and CC, click 'no' and the uninstall wizard will not touch Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 (however, I still recommend that you backup these folders before uninstalling: Downloads, Mods, Saves, SavedSims(if you have any), and Screenshots). When the game is finished uninstalling, run the disk (if your computer does not have a disk drive, you can buy one from a store that sells electronics, I say this because don't have one in my pc). When you first launch the Sims 3, the game will NOT be up to date. Even though the disk shouldn't update to 1.69, I would still use SuperPatcher to update the game, just to be safe.

And finally a few things you were probably wondering: YES your EPs and SPs from Origin will STILL work with the disk. NO none of your saves or CC will be lost. Your game will be just how you left it!

EDIT: By the way, this fix even made my game run a little faster!