Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 6:27 PM
Default The sims 4 gallery is kind've a screw up...
If you want to find new sims with better custom content, and get it from the gallery, go download sims 2, and sims 3 ones and put them into those games.
Because they are better.

The sims 4 gallery when it comes to sims with mods is...well...mostly a display case.
It's lucky if you find a sim you like but have that amount of custom content, because if you don't, you're downloading a body and face.
That's all.
Don't believe me?
Try it, I'm right.
It was a flook, if you're going to support mods by adding that kind of section but not allow people to download the stuff with it that made the sim in a whole and attracted you to it, that is an even worse setback than...probably the sims 1. I love the sims 4, sims 3, sims 2, and sims 1, ps4 and the original (Had them) But...
I want them sims,

You're probably going to call me ungrateful but honestly i don't want to search all over the internet for sims because people most commonly don't tell us where the CC comes from, of which i am guilty of. So i won't judge.
I don't like having to wait several minutes downloading from...the resource...because it won't install with it and I can understand, some people don't like they're stuff being re-uploaded but ughhhh....whyyyyy... (No one has to let that happen, btw. Things get misunderstood on this site, I'm being honest here about how I feel about not being able to download from the gallery and get exactly the sims that I wanted so I might push buttons...)

If you want to download sims with CC, it's best to do it here on mod the sims or another sims mod website.
Even tho it doesn't install with it, at least they give you the directions where to find them, or better yet, the direct link. (I'm sorry, man, I'm being honest here. (To those who don't give the direct link))

I want to be that girl that is confident the replies are going to nice but I'm not that girl, i plan not to care.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 9:09 PM
If you see a sim you like that has CC, have you thought about messaging the person and asking what CC they used and where they got it? Seems much more simple than ranting on here. Im sure mist would be very happy to help you
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 9:41 PM
I mean it would be common courtesy to have the CC used in the description. And when it comes to CC it's the same for other two games... I don't see any kind of problem.

What the gallery is enabling you is a preview from within the actual game which is a really nice thing. And if you happen to have the CC you can get the sim immediatelly, or see what CC you are missing to complete the look of that sim, get it and then get the sim and have them as they are in the preview.

I'm sure you'd have much more trouble with previous games on that matter. And while I agree that sims 4 is still... meh compared to them, gallery (even though it could be better) is still a nice addition, and a step in the right direction when it comes to supporting creators.
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 11:13 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 17th Feb 2019 at 1:21 AM.
Not to be rude but you may be going about it all wrong. I've never downloaded a sim and all the custom content they're supposed to come with because its a drag. Some sims look pretty good without certain eyebrows or blush that you're gonna use like once.

Instead I download peoples' sims as a base... so without the cc,
find custom content I want to put on the sims and will probably use over and over and viola, you've basically done what they've done.
You've got a sim or several with your own personal touch and cc you like and will probably reuse, they may not look like "theirs" but that's great because they're "yours" now.
In the long run this is great for your game because youre not sitting on a pile of random cc from sims with all different visual styles.

-------
edit: oh yeah stuff with custom content in the gallery is pretty pointless, but oh well.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 12:06 AM
yea cc doesn't come with what you download on gallery unless it's paintings or photos. you can't get items from creators from gallery. that's not allowable
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 3:01 AM
You can't have your cake and it too. The gallery is full of cakes without a fork.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 9:02 PM
In my opinion, I think it's better to download sims from sources such as MTS, TSR, etc rather than the gallery. I say this because most creators who upload their sims on websites will also list the links to the CC that is on the displayed sims.

That's one of the things I found inconvenient about TS4, but I understand why it's not really allowed. If we just simply install the sims with CC from the gallery, than it's harder to give credit and recognition to those CC creators. Plus, if CC came with the sims and it's a CC I'm not a fan of, that's just taking up unnecessary space in my game.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MajesticUnicorn
In my opinion, I think it's better to download sims from sources such as MTS, TSR, etc rather than the gallery. I say this because most creators who upload their sims on websites will also list the links to the CC that is on the displayed sims.

That's one of the things I found inconvenient about TS4, but I understand why it's not really allowed. If we just simply install the sims with CC from the gallery, than it's harder to give credit and recognition to those CC creators. Plus, if CC came with the sims and it's a CC I'm not a fan of, that's just taking up unnecessary space in my game.

I just look for people in the gallery that don't use cc, and some that do give a tumbler page they use and list the cc there. I have d/l tons of sims off the gallery and none had cc and looked great.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:29 AM
I wasn't even aware it was an option? Does it specify what has CC and what hasn't?
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:57 PM
I like the Gallery, because that is the place I search for No-CC Sims and Lots.

Non-CC is convenient in my opinion, as I don't have much time to play video games.

But what I hate about Gallery is the searching and sorting items.

I can't find what is popular in certain week or month. It's hard to find popular items several months ago, it's already buried deep.