Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2023 at 2:12 PM
Default What is a/the "logical" world order?
I've downloaded someone's mod that rearranges the order the worlds appear on the selection screen. I have all the worlds (except Batuu). I have the code open and am changing the new world order it provides (which makes zero sense to me at all, I can't imagine what this person was thinking in reordering them that way).

This presents me with a question, which I, in turn, present to you:

What IS the (or at least "a") logical order to the worlds on the select screen (assuming one has all the worlds)?

There is, of course, the order that EA puts them in. There is the order in which the worlds were released. But what I mean is some other way of grouping and ordering them. Temperature? Lot quantities? Normalish versus weirdish? Americanish versus non-Americanish? I myself have the mod that makes all worlds potentially residential so I don't really think of Granite Falls and Selvadorado as "destination worlds" as much as "vacation spots MOST people aren't going to live in." [Granite Falls by the wall is a terrible place to visit but a lovely place to live.]

How would YOU re-group/re-order the SIms 4 worlds...?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2023 at 4:38 AM
I would not regroup. What EA has done is fine with me. This is totally a non issue for me.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Mar 2023 at 4:35 PM
I'm with daisylee and feel fine with the worlds being shown in 'release' order. Good question, though! I think I would organise mine by population count. The most populated places, such as cities like San Myshuno, Del Sol Valley, San Sequoia... then work down towards smaller neighbourhoods such as Evergreen Harbor and Brindleton Bay, before having the more scarcely populated worlds such as Moonwood Mill and Glimmerbrook.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.