1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6976 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:20 AM
I discovered that hydroponic garden plants can die!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#6977 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I discovered that hydroponic garden plants can die!

My sims (and I) are so bad at looking after their plants I didn't know that hydroponic garden plants could LIVE until recently!
Mad Poster
#6978 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 4:25 PM
Not today, but a few days ago, I noticed that AL really messed up their Athletic wear for females.
The dress was meant for Elders, while the shorts/bermudas were only meant for Adults. Look at the meshes closely...bodyshape is inverted.
Always wondered why that athletic dress looked bad on my adult sims in game. Now I know! My adults wear the elder mesh wearing that.
Looks like something I'll want/need to fix.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6979 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 3:32 AM Last edited by Charity : 28th Mar 2019 at 6:19 AM.
There are several outfits for adult females that have been given to elders too where Maxis was too lazy to make a separate elder mesh (seeing as technically the adult mesh does fit elders). The dress looks like the adult mesh to me though. There's no sagginess.
Mad Poster
#6980 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 3:42 AM
The back is made to look hunched, of course it shows less on the adult skeleton.
The butt is less rounded and the belly sticks out a bit, just like the elder body. I've been meshing elder shorts, tops and pj's, and for the last 2 weeks or so, looking at the naked elder female mesh in Milkshape...trust me. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6981 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 6:47 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Mar 2019 at 6:48 PM. Reason: Not plumboTs
Haven't had myshuno machine on any lot for a long time. Nice touch that children press the buttons with a foot, when they're high up with a step-stool for picking up the plumbobs.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#6982 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The back is made to look hunched, of course it shows less on the adult skeleton.
The butt is less rounded and the belly sticks out a bit, just like the elder body. I've been meshing elder shorts, tops and pj's, and for the last 2 weeks or so, looking at the naked elder female mesh in Milkshape...trust me. lol

I wish I had ya'lls talent. There are so many times I think somethin would be nice to have .. only to then be sad because it doesn't exist and I'm a flop at meshing. :/
Mad Poster
#6983 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 8:26 PM
As somebody said, Talent is applied interest. Nobody was good at meshing to start. The question is, do you want what you want enough to learn how to do it, and do it wrong as many times as it takes to get it right?

We all have a right to choose where to apply our interest, but it's got nothing to do with some of us having some ineffable "talent" and some of us not. And I think the idea that it does, is damaging to everybody.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#6984 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
As somebody said, Talent is applied interest. Nobody was good at meshing to start. The question is, do you want what you want enough to learn how to do it, and do it wrong as many times as it takes to get it right?

We all have a right to choose where to apply our interest, but it's got nothing to do with some of us having some ineffable "talent" and some of us not. And I think the idea that it does, is damaging to everybody.

It's not that I haven't tried. My mind just doesn't seem to want to cooperate on how things like that work.
Mad Poster
#6985 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
It's not that I haven't tried. My mind just doesn't seem to want to cooperate on how things like that work.

Get someone to help you. In fact pick a project that you want to see happen and I'll help you through it.

That's what happened to me when I thought I could never make a mod. Phaenoh held my hand all the way through and I ended up with cats hunt roaches. So, about time I paid it forward. The offer is there if you want it.
Alchemist
#6986 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 9:24 AM
I discovered that the Ergo windows were borked in my AnyGame - red only, the other EA colours missing. And that the CEP was supposed to fix that, but apparently was not doing so.
After hours of searching, trialling, reinstalling the CEP...turns out that I needed the CEP-XTRA file in my AnyGame Downloads folder, not just in the Program Files. Who knew?
I wonder what else wasn't working right, but had not come to my attention...
Mad Poster
#6987 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 7:41 PM
There are kilts for teens - and elders. Also, the idle animations of elders in CAS include cupping their ears.
Theorist
#6988 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Get someone to help you. In fact pick a project that you want to see happen and I'll help you through it.

That's what happened to me when I thought I could never make a mod. Phaenoh held my hand all the way through and I ended up with cats hunt roaches. So, about time I paid it forward. The offer is there if you want it.

Thank you @Charity that's very kind of you. ATM I have some health stuff that I need to concentrate on more, but come June-ish if the offer is still open I definitely like to give somethin a try. Even if it's as simple as tryin to put a pattern on clothing or some such silly thing ... I fail there too... lol. I can do a fairly decent recolor... well decent that I like it well enough.
Mad Poster
#6989 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 8:27 AM
Sure, just let me know.
Theorist
#6990 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 8:06 PM
You don't have to wait three days or for a ghost to spawn before sending a grave to a community lot to get ghosts. Or at least you don't with Chris's tombstone mod in -- I'm not sure if that's because the mod changes the increments needed on gravestones for ghosts to appear or if it's just because the increased odds of ghosts appearing I saw Dora's ghost sooner than you could reasonable expect to in an unmodded game? Either or I was very happy to see Dora's ghost at the corner store!
Alchemist
#6991 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
You don't have to wait three days or for a ghost to spawn before sending a grave to a community lot to get ghosts. Or at least you don't with Chris's tombstone mod in -- I'm not sure if that's because the mod changes the increments needed on gravestones for ghosts to appear or if it's just because the increased odds of ghosts appearing I saw Dora's ghost sooner than you could reasonable expect to in an unmodded game? Either or I was very happy to see Dora's ghost at the corner store!

I read an old thread where someone (will try to find) said they looked at the code and the amount of time is randomized between 24 and 72 hours. I think that's what it said. So that would account for different player experiences.

UPDATE: I found it.
It was Cyjon here.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473742

Post #28 and #44

Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
It takes 24 hours for a tombstone to be ready to produce a ghost. However the other problem is that the game only checks for ghosts from 7-8 pm. If you show up on a community lot at midnight, then you'll be out of luck. The latest version of Ghost Hack makes community ghosts much more common--too common really, but then again the whole reason to go to the cemetery is to find ghosts.

Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
As it happens, I was look at ghost generation just recently specifically to figure out how to make community ghosts appear. When tombstone is created, an attribute is incremented every hour. As long as that attribute is < 24 it won't generate a ghost. Now maybe some other routine can write to that variable to make it higher, but nothing in the main loop does that. However just because the timer is > 24 doesn't mean a ghost will instantly pop out. There is still a random chance (can't remember how much) of a ghost being generated and that is checked only once per day at 7 pm, so it could easily be several days before a ghosts makes its first appearance.

Mootilda quoted it here.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...360#post4127360
Theorist
#6992 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 9:31 PM
Thanks Sunrader. I doubt I would have ever found that. It's been less than 24 hours for Dora so that would mean whatever the increments are it's not 1 per hour or Chris's mod changes more than just the frequency of checks. Or at least that's what I think it means.

Either or I'm happy to know I don't have to keep graves on the home lots for any reason if I don't want to.
Lab Assistant
#6993 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 4:51 AM
Sims can get furious for having to clean up a pee puddle of another Sim.

I had a walkby get scared by a ghost. The next morning when I noticed there was a puddle on the sidewalk, I remembered the poor sim who got scared from the previous night. I directed my playable to clean it up, and the want to meet a new Sim was fulfilled. I thought that it must have been another want instead, but thought it would be funny if the playable Sim somehow know who it was that left the puddle. When I looked in the social panel, sure enough my playable was furious with a new Sim previously unknown.

I'm still laughing about this!
Theorist
#6994 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 1:56 PM
Dogs bark at their reflections. Also, dogs don't know that the Unreflected Pride Medicine Cabinet doesn't have a mirror.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6995 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 2:04 PM
They hid my bone in it, I swear. XD
Scholar
#6996 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 12:39 AM
Drat, gotta find a new spot to hide it, maybe underground by that water pipe.
Field Researcher
#6997 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 1:19 AM
I discovered when you select Fix Age body for a toddler on the Batbox it fixes their want slots and it worked on Daisy Greenman.

Prince Avalanche
Field Researcher
#6998 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 10:40 PM
Not while playing The Sims per se, but in SimPe. Yesterday I discovered that Hamlet Dane (Cornwall Capp's father) was originally created as Bianca Monty, but later changed into Cornwall's father. What were developers thinking?
Also Jeff and Diane Pleasant might have been playable.

And we wonder why premade neighbourhoods are corrupted.
Test Subject
#6999 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 3:25 AM
Maybe this will help someone in the future (I was stumped for answers when I Googled earlier) but I installed (then uninstalled) a camera mod, opened up the game again and couldn't hide walls in one of my lots (see screenshot below - that part of the UI was just... blank!)

I couldn't figure out how to bring them back for a while and was a bit worried I had done something very bad (my walls wouldn't go down or cutaway! it's the end of the world!) but was able to remedy the problem by simply hitting the "home" and "end" keys - hope this advice helps anybody else who comes across the problem!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#7000 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:25 PM
Something similar happened for me to the buy catalogue once. Everything just went blank. Solved it by using the pipette/copy tool on an object.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Page 280 of 445