Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 9:04 AM Last edited by ijustneedsomeeyes : 15th Oct 2013 at 1:57 AM. Reason: Added more details and updates.
Custom career preventing families from loading - Fix Included
When I place the custom career in the downloads folder and load up the game, the game seems to load fine. However, if I try to play a family, it loads at the family loading screen and when the countdown is finished, it just freezes at the family screen and doesn't load at all. I've assigned the career my own GUID, tried fixing integrity...what am I doing wrong? I based this off the Military adult career and tested it on a game patched up to Bon Voyage with no Pets expansion. Help please!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 4:33 AM Last edited by ijustneedsomeeyes : 14th Oct 2013 at 12:34 PM.
Found the answer myself:

http://www.simfansuk.com/sims/tutor...454/epage4.html

The issue was that I had SimPE put everything to base game compatible by default. I was playing seasons.

Quote:
However, not all careers are EP compatible...that is, they may not show up in anything other than the base game. Here's how to fix that:

In the top-left screen check that 'AllRes' is 108. If it shows 104, then we have some work to do[.]

So yeah, if anybody who is also making custom careers runs into this problem, just read that tutorial linked above.

If that site is dead by the time you're reading this, I will upload a saved view of LadyAngel's tutorial.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  tutorialcompatiblecareer.rar (19.9 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content