Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 12:04 AM
Default Model Viewer
I'm looking for a Model Viewer for Texture Tweaker. Could someone advice me please?
(or a different wrapper maybe?)
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 2:53 AM
http://code.google.com/p/s3pi-wrappers/

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 10:43 AM
That one isn't supported anymore as far as I know and it doesn't work with the updated Texture Tweaker. When I click 3d view it says "Model Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 2:12 PM
What was the last version of TextureTweaker it seemed to be working ok with?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#5 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katmosis
That one isn't supported anymore as far as I know and it doesn't work with the updated Texture Tweaker. When I click 3d view it says "Model Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have the latest versions of both and they work fine for me. And 'not supported anymore' just means there probably won't be any changes made to it.

How do you have it installed?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 2:59 PM
I downloaded it again just in case, but it still crashes as soon as I press 3D view.
#7 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 3:15 PM
What versions of .Net do you have installed?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 4:17 PM
I have .Net Framework 2.0, .Net Framework 4 Client Profile and .Net Framework 4 Extended.
#9 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 5:55 PM
Have you managed to get it installed as a helper for s3pe? Thats how I use mine, and then I just point TT3 to the .exe as it sits there in the s3pe/Helpers/ModelViewer folder

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 8:54 PM
I placed everything that was in the Helpers folder into the Helpers inside my S3PE folder and everything else into the S3PE folder.

I installed S3PE and Texture Tweaker on the laptop I work on, added the Helpers, but Model Viewer won't run on that one either.
#11 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 8:58 PM
Nothing should have been installed directly under the S3PE main folder. I am afraid you'll need to reinstall S3PE now, or you risk getting errors in your packages when you use that. That could explain why it's all not working now

Sockpuppet
#12 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 9:16 PM
You unzip everything in the S3PE folder(installation advise you get with the wrappers.)
So place the zip in the S3PE installation folder, dont subfolder, then right click the file and choose extract here.

Its the only way to get them all to work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 9:19 PM
Oh! But I was following your tutorial. You said:
To install:
a. Open your S3PE folder. You will find it in C: Program Files.
b. Open the s3piwrappers-r179.zip
c. Open the Helpers folder that is inside the .zip
d. Move everything that is inside that Helpers folder into the Helpers folder inside your S3PE folder.
e. Return to the main list in the .zip. Move everything in the .zip except the Helpers folder into the main S3PE folder.

Ok, so I uninstalled s3pe, deleted what was left in the folder, cleaned the registry, installed it again, moved the Model Viewer into the Helpers folder, but I get the same error.
#14 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 9:28 PM
Can you give me a link to that? If I wrote that it was ages ago and I have forgotten all about it!!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 9:37 PM
*sighs*

Uninstalled S3PE again, cleaned the registry, installed it, moved the s3piwrappers-r214.zip into the S3PE folder, extracted it and I get the same error.
It says: Model Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Ops sorry, I was wrong, checked again and it was orangemittens' tutorial. I got confused because you were answering most of the questions about the tutorial.
Here is the link: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...s38b9m8qpf6jd87
#16 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 9th Feb 2013 at 9:55 PM.
Edited: hmm his wrappers need to go at top level, but you proably don't want those. Peter has incorporated most of the model functionality in the inbuilt wrappers. In a way it would have been better if he had kept the wrappers as a seperate download. Try it with just the stuff from the Helpers folder downwards

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 10:07 PM
If I can't get the Model Viewer to work (and I'm afraid you guys will start throwing things at me if I keep bugging you), does anyone know a stand alone viewer maybe?
#18 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 10:10 PM
you can simply unzip the whole lot to a completely seperate folder of its own, desktop if you like, then point TT3 settings to ModelViewer.exe wherever you put it. At least try it that way and let me know. Then it won't be being interfered with by anything.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 10:23 PM
I unzipped the s3piwrappers-r214 file to the desktop; then switched to TT3, tools - settings - browse - look in Helpers\ModelViewer\ModelViewer.exe. I get the same error.
#20 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 10:34 PM
can you tell me the exact version of TT3 you have? look in Help/About

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 10:47 PM
It says TextureTwaker3 v0.56
#22 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 11:00 PM
can you show me a screenshot of your settings panel in TT3, with modelviewer set in it, also have you tried with more than one object?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 11:33 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 11:35 PM
And yes, first I tried to view objects that I created and when that didn't work I cloned a table, opened it without modifying anything, but it doesn't make any difference.
#25 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 11:44 PM
I don't get the feeling you're doing anything wrong yourself, but I am beginning to wonder whether it's something about your system generally. Try getting all the other .net frameworks from 3 onwards, I don't think it does any harm. Also use administrator account if you can.

Page 1 of 2