Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 5:46 AM
Default Getting rid of the Waterfall Animation on the Majestic Grotto Hot Tub?
Hi,

I am needing help getting rid of that waterfall animation on the Majestic Grotto Hot Tub. I assume that this cannot be done with TSR Workshop, so I am going to use s3oc/s3pe in hopes to get rid of this annoying animation.

If someone wouldn't mind helping me find what to get rid of to remove of animation, that will be great.

I looked at a similar thread, and figured it was in the _RIG file section, but I have had no luck getting rid of it. I removed the FX_0 (seeing as that was the only FX_ file there), but it just made the Sim skip around and the waterfall animation is still there.

I don't have the file attached since I have done nothing to modify the hot tub yet since I'm trying to remove the animation first. If it will help to go ahead and attach it though, I will be more than happy to do so.

---------------

TSR Workshop related
The reason why I haven't used the small hot tub and just clone that one is due to a couple issues:
♦ I cannot duplicate the route entries to make it available on other sides of the hot tub.
♦ Whenever I expand the footprints or change the route entries, in game the Sims get a routing error. I give the route entries a new name and make the bone hash 0x00000000.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 9:44 AM
Based on my work with scripting stairs, I would think there are only a fixed number of routing slots that the script has the sim try to route to, so just adding one to the spare side wouldn't help without also making a custom script that recognises the slot as an alternative approach for the sim to use. If you are going to the trouble of making your own scriptclass, you may find you can "break into it" to comment out any lines animating the waterfall, and having done so it should be safe to delete the resources relating to the effect, including the effect slot it attaches to.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 4:15 PM
I do not know anything about making my own scriptclass, but will it be safe to edit the one already there? If so, how will I go about doing that and what file do I need to edit?

Sorry about asking probably simple questions, but I am completely new with s3pe/s3oc and scripting for the Sims 3. I have, however, updated old XML mods before.
#4 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 5:28 PM
It's different per object anyway, so it would be impossible to describe here. Can the waterfall be started and stopped, or does it automatically stay on all the time? I wonder if it could be done more simply by pointing to a non-existent effect. And do we know it's actually an effect rather than just an animated texture on a shader?

Oh I forgot to say, no you can't make extra routing slots in Workshop anyway. They always get turned into container slots. You'd have to use S3PE for that.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 5:40 PM
I decided to just stick with the pre existing routing entries and not make new ones. It isn't a huge deal for me.

The waterfall starts whenever the Sim gets into the hot tub. This is the hot tub I extracted with s3oc. I cannot find in the coding for anything about the waterfall animation. The only thing I could find is in the first MLOD which is this:

Quote:
Flags: 0x00000048 (DropShadow, Pickable)
StreamOffset: 0x00000000
StartVertex: 0x00000000
StartIndex: 0x00000000

I do not know if this is the waterfall animation, but it is the only thing I could find so far.
#6 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 5:48 PM
Rumour has it that if you delete a slot the script uses, the item will disappear in use. But if the effect turns on and off it *should* be easy to locate in the script and stop it turning on, then you can simply move the location of that slot to a part where it won't show (or leave it there doing nothing)

And no, that snippet is to do with the dropshadow (the ground shadow) nothing to do with the effect.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 5:59 PM
That is another problem I saw. There is no slot for the waterfall. It's strange, but I didn't see the slot in TSR Workshop nor in s3pe. I opened it up with Sims3PackageExplorer as well to see if I missed anything, but I still can't seem to find any coding to the waterfall animation or any reference to it.
#8 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 6:07 PM
I can see the effect slot in s3pe. See screenshot http://dino.drealm.info/den/exacc/effectslot.png

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 6:10 PM
Okay, in the RSLT, I have found an effects section in the data grid. Here is an image of it:

Is this what I need to remove?
I am assuming that is what you were pointing to, but want to make sure.
#10 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 6:12 PM
You shouldn't remove it if the script is going to use it or you will simply have an erroring object. I mean by all means try, you may be lucky, but do keep a safe copy of your project to revert to if it goes wrong.

It may be worth checking the script some time, as it's possible to add extra routing slot awareness that way, along with extra routing slots.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 6:45 PM
Here are the results of playing around with the effects:

Deleting the effects:

It gets rid of the waterfall animation perfectly, but on the downside, it also gets rid of the actual hot tub bubbling animations and the color changing animations.

Having the positions changed to X - 0; Y - 0; Z - 0:

You mentioned I should take a look at the script, but what file contains the script? Is it just the XML file, or do I need to look at something different? I am assuming the script contains the waterfall animation.
#12 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 7:21 PM
I have looked at the script in the meantime, and it looks to me like the waterfall and the in-tub bubbling is indeed all part of the same effect. I wonder if you could borrow the effect from another tub that doesn't have a waterfall? (you'd need to copy the slot data also to ensure it all matches up)

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 7:32 PM
Alright, I will try that.

Also, I am going to try to edit the routing and container entries in S3PE to see if I have better luck. When I edit them in TSR Workshop, the sims cannot change seats nor can they interact romantically with one another. I was having the same thing with the routing error in the first post, so I am hoping if I edit them in s3pe, I will have better luck.
Sockpuppet
#14 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 8:16 PM
You can try change its scriptclass to Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.HotTub4Seated
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 9:54 PM
Thanks, Bloom, going to try that this time around.

I have a question for you since you use TSR Workshop as well.
I have been having a lot of problems with the routing and container entries in TSR Workshop. With the routing, I can just simply move it over a little for the larger hot tubs, but then my Sims get an error.
With the seats, my Sims cannot interact romantically, and the options like make out, kiss, cuddle, woohoo, etc do not even show up in the pie menu. Also, when my Sim goes to change seats, he just goes back to the seat he was at originally.

When I change a slot, I give it a new name and change the Bone Hash to 0x00000000. Here is an example of what I do below:

I noticed that when looking at the placement flags, there is None that is checked by default and nothing else. I have never done anything with this. But, I have noticed there is a placement flag that says Sim. Am I supposed to check that? I never have since it was never checked to begin with.

I do the same exact steps when I edit a route entry.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 11:02 PM
While the name and bone of a normal container do not matter, Route, Effect, Kinematic, and Scripted Container slots DO matter. When you rename them and change the bone assignment, the game cannot find the slot the script is looking for, breaking the object. The None flag is selected because the slot has a fixed purpose as defined by the script and wants to make sure nothing interferes with that.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 11:41 PM
In the images above, did I do the steps correctly, or did I do something wrong? I followed the Simsupply tutorial on youtube if that helps.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#18 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 12:43 AM
The best option is to change the script class(as stated before) to a hot tub that doesn't have a waterfall. It should give you the results you want.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
#19 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 9:17 AM
I have added working routing slots to an object without adding any nodes to the Rig, so although you shouldn't change the name of a routing slot that is already in use by the script, it is alright to add them. NB you have to use names that are already in the routing slot enum else the script doesn't have any easy way of referring to them without pulling in yards of extra code to override. But my only point is really the routing slots don't need to be in the Rig in order to be usable.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:14 PM
Okay, I have managed to get rid of the waterfall animation by changing the OBJK file to the four seater hot tub. The Sims are snapping to only four areas instead of the six provided, but that is my next step to work on.

I am now going to work on the routing and slots of the seating of the Sims.

I have a question on how to approach this. Would it be better to use TSR Workshop or S3PE to fix the routing and slots? I am leaning towards S3PE right now, but worried since I never used it to fix slots/routing/ footprints.
#21 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:30 PM
You definitely have to make your own scriptclass if you want to add more slots for the sim to sit in. You can add as many as you like but the sim will ignore them unless the script suggests he should try them.

Sockpuppet
#22 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 7:11 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 14th Nov 2011 at 7:54 PM.
i was afraid of that.
When changing the scriptclass you prolly lose some interactions.....
No use if you add routes or slots if the script doesn't support them(or uses them)

I might know a way of making the waterfall not visible, got to check.

Edit,
I used to do this with sims 2 effects i didn't want(foggy windows)
I rotated them 180 degrees on 2 axisses and tried to do the same on the waterfall.
It does make the waterfall dissapear in the hottub itself but it doesn't look good on the other effects.
The smoke and bubbles are not showing and the jets are to high(you could fix the jets tho)
So that not going to work either.

Best is to still use the 4 seater script but to save you some work i would rotate your mesh 90 degrees so the seats are easier to adjust.
Or start over with the 4 seater as clone and use the grotto meshes?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 7:32 PM
BloomsBase,
if you find another way, I would love to hear it since I know nothing about scripting. How would I make my own script class, if you don't mind me asking?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#24 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 7:34 PM
Your own script class derived from the grotto that changes the 'JetFXName' and 'JetFXNameUpgradedName' to that of the 4-seater would work, and still keep the six seats. Don't know if you're trying to do any script work though...

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Sockpuppet
#25 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 7:50 PM
i am noob also when it comes to scripts......
Tried but its just to much work.

I would settle for the 4 seater script with the use of the grotto meshes.(and rotate them 90 degrees to make it a bit easier to adjust the slots)
Use TSRW as it shows all slots(and edits on them) in the 3d view.
Page 1 of 2